Points target for next season

Rob W

Over the last 10 years the number of points required for automatic promotion (I couldn't face the idea of play-offs  :weep:) has varied from 79 to 92;  in eight of the years 86+ has been required

IF we can win every home came that gives us 69 points - so thats another 17 points from 23 games (=pretty much our form home & away this year TBH)

That looks like a hell of a target....................  :dave: :dave: :dave:

86 points is less than an average of 2 points per game, we should certainly be aiming for this.

What I worry about regarding point accumulation is the big-game factor. Every time we play away next season it'll likely be the opposition team's biggest game of the season, players will sweat blood to make an impact against us and fans will go wild.

Which is why we need to get rid of the past-it mob who quite frankly dont stand a chance against young, hungry players breaking their bollocks to make an impact against us

Over the last 10 years the number of points required for automatic promotion (I couldn't face the idea of play-offs  :weep:) has varied from 79 to 92;  in eight of the years 86+ has been required

IF we can win every home came that gives us 69 points - so thats another 17 points from 23 games (=pretty much our form home & away this year TBH)

That looks like a hell of a target....................   :dave: :dave: :dave:

The standard of the opposition will be less this year you know? :lol:

The target should be automatic promotion which is probably 75+. :neutral:

So much is still in the balance though we won't know how accurate or achievable that is until we know what's what.

Guest WashyGeordie

Atm, I can't see us getting promoted at all - maybe mid-table / bottom half finish - atm!

But if we can get a new manager (Shearer) and maybe a new owner / sort it out, then I'll have more hope, but atm we're managerless, and practically ownerless.

86 points is less than an average of 2 points per game, we should certainly be aiming for this.

What I worry about regarding point accumulation is the big-game factor. Every time we play away next season it'll likely be the opposition team's biggest game of the season, players will sweat blood to make an impact against us and fans will go wild.

Which is why we need to get rid of the past-it mob who quite frankly dont stand a chance against young, hungry players breaking their bollocks to make an impact against us

I agree - every away game will be a bloody Cup Tie

Guest Magpiecn

52. I am that fed up at the minute I would be happy just to avoid consecutive relegations:dave:

Agree.