How will tonight affect Newcastle?

Martin Lol
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally I think winning games should boost confidence but tricky league games coming up with a small and tired squad.  Suppose it could have no affect at all other than to give FFS and GR more breathing space, but overall, I don't think so.  A good result for Newcastle both tonight and for the next couple of months too.

Any thoughts?

Plenty of resting time till next game, so fitness shouldn't be a problem (or an excuse) this time round.

Mentally, it will be a boost, but it can be taken away if we get Liverpool or Chelsea away in the next round.

If we get Wycombe at home (IIRC the draw is before the weekend ) or a equally good tie, then this might be something for the player to hang on to, the fans however want league results so it doesn't do much for us, bu could do nicely for the players.

Like it gave us confidence after palermo, fenerbache, pompey etc?

Gives them more time, paper over some cracks, give them further room to say we are great, just unlucky, injuries, probably further effect premiership results.

I'm going to not bother reading the newspapers tomorrow, because all it will say is, this is a building block for the premiership take 5.

sod all.  we beat palermo away, and u would have thought that would have given us a booster for the forth coming games.  i even remember seeing shearer saying this can be the turning point. oh how wrong was he.  if we do start playing well from now on it would not be because of our last game but because a miracle has happened.

Guest newcastle4life

Gives roeder and Sheaperd more time happy with result but by its self it wont change league results hasnt before thats up to the players to pull the finger out and roeder to pick the best team for each match.

Guest ryunufc

Buys Roeder more time and boosts Parker's confidence.

Man City is yet to concede a goal at home and Arsenal will start converting chances against us. Goodbye, Roeder.

Guest EstonGeordie

We played badly, were lucky to win, and if we play like that in the Premiership we are going down, that is the terrifying reality.

I am finding it hard to see light at the end of the tunnel at moment. Poor players and attitude are the problem I think.

Guest smoggeordie

Doubt tonight will help anything, we played like shit for most of the game and I honestly don't see us beating City on saturday...

You caught your 4 minute highlight on ITV then?

Just papers over some of the cracks and gives ammunation to the media that keeping Roeder is in our best interest.

I am happy that we have gone through but I expect to be disappointed again after our next league game. I'd rather get in right in the Premiership first and foremost.

Doubt tonight will help anything, we played like shit for most of the game and I honestly don't see us beating City on saturday...

You caught your 4 minute highlight on ITV then?

:lol: Nick the only person allowed to comment on the game.