Best Premier League memory

Yorkie

If you will, avoid the depression that brings about the very existance of this thread.

Amidst the current mingingness of the general situation... can you think of your favourite memory of us in the Premier League? One (or a few) specific monent(s).

Not being aware of the first Keegan days, one that immediately springs to mind is Nobby's fourth at Elland Road taking us to the top of the league, and the subsequential win at Arsenal that consolidated it for a bit. That was a cracking couple of weeks.

Can remember, same season, being sat in the car on the way back from somewhere listening to the 4-3 home win to Man United. We must have been all over the road when Shearer's (Wes Brown's :rolleyes: ) fourth went in.

Guest firetotheworks

The most alive I ever felt watching us was Ginolas goal against Man United.

It was my player against our main rivals, and the first goal wasn't emphatic, but that was. I was almost in tears with joy at that. Beautiful moment.

It was my player against our main rivals, and the first goal wasn't emphatic, but the way that was. I was almost in tears with joy at that. Beautiful moment.

I absolutely love watching the ball hitting the net with that goal. It was pouring down and even though it wasn't mega-powerful, the net looked like it burst as the water flew off it. Coupled with the pure beauty of the strike, i've got to agree it's one of my favourite ever goals. Even if i wasn't fortunate to see it at the time. Albert's still beats it, though. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

beating villa 2-0 at villa park first season up. i wasn't sure we'd cut it but it was then i thought not only could we survive but we were going to be bloody good.

Good one that. Tbh though, I was pretty young so after watching us tear up Division One I just assumed we'd beat everyone. I remember my dad saying 'Jesus Christ, we've just beaten Liverpool' though. I think that was when it sunk in for him that we were a truly mint team.

Guest firetotheworks

It was my player against our main rivals, and the first goal wasn't emphatic, but the way that was. I was almost in tears with joy at that. Beautiful moment.

I absolutely love watching the ball hitting the net with that goal. It was pouring down and even though it wasn't mega-powerful, the net looked like it burst as the water flew off it. Coupled with the pure beauty of the strike, i've got to agree it's one of my favourite ever goals. Even if i wasn't fortunate to see it at the time. Albert's still beats it, though. :lol:

Probably, but to me it didn't mean as much because we'd already completely dicked them. It was just a massive cherry on the Cake that Ginola baked.

wtf am I on about man.

Phillipe Alberts goal against Man United. Still gives me goosebumps.

Bellamy's goal against Feynoord is the only thing that comes close, but that wasnt in the league.

Guest timmy boy

Arsenal away was pretty special winning 3-1 at Highbury and ending the 28 game? winless run in London. Tearing Liverpool apart 3-0 at home and 2-0 away in the same season, the counter attack goal by Cole at Anfield oozed class. Bobby Robson doing a jig of delight on the touchline then remembering he's nearly 69! In the 4-3 win at Elland Road after the Nobby goal.

Is noone going to say it? Shearer against Everton, that goal, also the 3-2 win over Sunderlol, I was behind the goal when Emre's freekick went in, it was the first derby I had been to, what about Shearer's record breaking goal against Pompy?, the atmosphere during that game was amazing.

Also my very first Premiership game, against Boro we were 1-0 down and were the better team, we won it in the last few minutes, I remember being next to the away fans, cracking atmosphere their aswell.

Beaten Manure 5 nil,beating Leicester 4-3 when we looked dead and buried at 3-1 down and suprisingly 2 games from this season that I was at....1-1 in Old Trafford and beating the Smoggies 3-1 class atmosphere,full sure we were staying up after that match  :-[

Bellamy's goal against Feynoord is the only thing that comes close, but that wasnt in the league.

I threw my mate against our door and he smashed the glass.My mother told me Dad,he asked me what the hell I was at;I said celebrating Bellamys goal Dad...ok then!My mom was sickened! :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I threw my mate against our door and he smashed the glass.My mother told me Dad,he asked me what the hell I was at;I said celebrating Bellamys goal Dad...ok then!My mom was sickened! :lol:

Hahaha, class. I remember I was over at my exs at the time, and her dad was on an early shift. I just remember screaming with joy into a pillow. As Bellamy correctly said at the time 'Its Roy of the Rovers stuff'

I'd go along with Albert's goal in the 5-0. It was the slow motion quality of it that made it special. I was watching in a pub, and I knew the minute he hit it, it was going in. I started jumping up and down even as the ball was curling over Schmiechel.

Unfortunately these questions always make me a bit sad as well, because it hits home that we don't have a trophy to celebrate.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd go along with Albert's goal in the 5-0. It was the slow motion quality of it that made it special. I was watching in a pub, and I knew the minute he hit it, it was going in. I started jumping up and down even as the ball was curling over Schmiechel.

Unfortunately these questions always make me a bit sad as well, because it hits home that we don't have a trophy to celebrate.

Watch 'The Time of our Lives' if you get the chance. Once its over it's like bathing in your own shit. Metaphorically speaking.

not even at the match or watching it..........

the 1-1 at old trafford first season up. had split with the live in girlfriend of 7 years the night before, had a ticket but gave it away so i could clear my stuff out.  i was walking to my parents house with the match on the walkman. we scored and i gave out an involuntary fist and "get in"...looked around and 100yds or so along the street was a bloke washing his car,throwing his sponge in the air uumping up and down and shouting "get the fuck in there"

waited for the wife to come in,didn;t come in till just after 3. "right i'm off out to listen to the match" i was meeting a mate in the local aswell. whilse walking along we got a pen. solano scored, a car went by with one person in it....they were giving it both fists as they were driving. he caught my eye and we both gave a fist of celebration.  sunderland 0 newcastle 1 (solano pen).

these type of moments stick with me.

Guest Heneage

I can't pick one.

5-0 ; This sparked my passion for football, we out classed them here, simple as, the goals were brilliant the football was brilliant and it was almost scripted. When you have a centre back that can score a goal that Cuntona would be proud of, you have yourself a team.

3-1 Vs Arsenal; For some reason this wasn't on TV despite being a mid-week game. When we went one nil down, and after Bellamy was sent off I thought more problems. But watching SSN and Ceefax on the go hearing the commentator explain the goals then see pictures of titi bitching was brilliant.

3-2 Vs Spurs; I was on the bog when we scored the 2nd and 3rd, but having a Spurs mate Oba's goal was brilliant because all I'd heard all year was how great Berbatov was and how Martins was shit and couldn't score in a brothel etc. Plus we had so many kids out.

But the best one to date is 4-1 Vs the Mackems. The last few weeks have been a bit of a mare for me. Constant abuse jokes about the teams we have to play this year. And everytime I just link them to that game. At home against a Newcastle side that was far from perfect, we just tore them a new one even the spanish flop scored. They have never embarrassed us like that at home, 2-1 maybe, but not 4-1, and to see N'zogbia's goal everytime brings a smile, "Shit little frog" they called him when he played for us but that day he was a different class.

There's loads of other little games like Leeds away Blackburn away where I've followed them on Gilette.