If Ashley can't sell the club/decides to keep it......

ianovthetoon

Does anyone see any mileage in an AFC Wimbledon/FC United scenario? I know it's a bit like treachery, but as things stand it's not our club anymore.

Both of those clubs are making steady progress through the football pyramid with better support than other teams around them.

I know our situation is nowhere near as similar as Wimbledon, but arguably could be slightly compared to FC United.

We could take over Blue Star, rename them the Real Newcastle United.

I know it's a bit knee jerk, but the way things are going, it would boil my piss to pay my money to enter Fat Ash's pocket with JFK leading us to League One.

If he can't sell it's just a case of preparing for a long spell in the Championship for me, as there is no chance we will be able to take the club forward with an owner who's heart isn't in it. Rather than switch allegiance on false pretences I'd just lower my expectations to rock bottom and pick and choose games to watch - if anyone decides they'd rather not stump up money to watch in the flesh I would totally understand. If there's no ambition then there's not much point.

If he can't sell it's just a case of preparing for a long spell in the Championship for me, as there is no chance we will be able to take the club forward with an owner who's heart isn't in it. Rather than switch allegiance on false pretences I'd just lower my expectations to rock bottom and pick and choose games to watch - if anyone decides they'd rather not stump up money to watch in the flesh I would totally understand. If there's no ambition then there's not much point.

Pretty much how I'd feel about it to be honest, and as someone who likes his footy fix on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon, I'd watch other teams whose results I look out for - Gateshead for instance.

We could take over Blue Star, rename them the Real Newcastle United.

thats pointless. better to go for neutral name run it as trust, and then attract people from the whole of the NE who are sick of the way modern football has gone  ie all money.  That way you dont limit ur market to only tyneside. 

Washington for the ground?, more neutral geographically.

tbh it wont work, unless you have a rich backer to start it off.

is there still a blue star to take over ?

they were in deep doodoo last i heard and were trying to cut a deal with the FA to stay afloat.

are you sure your confusing them with nufc.