Premiership or trophy

ChezGiven
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its great that we won tonight but our cup form does seem at the expense of our league form. Depending on results tomorrow and the draw, we could progress to the semis.

So if you were given the option now, would you take (given that we might go down anyway) the trophy and relegation? Or is survival more important due to financial losses this year? It would be nice if it meant just one season in the championship as long and we came straight back up. That could kill us though.

I think most people would take 4th bottom and the Carling cup after the last few weeks in the prem but whats more important to the club?

When we win something i want to be able to enjoy it, how can i if were relegated, takes the shine off things.

Then that situation will be with us for the next 30 years, its just one bad bit of baggage for another.

More relevant now but soz i didnt see it.

I would take a trophy and a year of humble pie as long as we came straight back up and had a proper think about how to get this club on the front foot. However, i would prefer to stay up. I could just about handle going down if we ended the drought though.

More relevant now but soz i didnt see it.

I would take a trophy and a year of humble pie as long as we came straight back up and had a proper think about how to get this club on the front foot. However, i would prefer to stay up. I could just about handle going down if we ended the drought though.

No probs. :thup:

Plenty of 'big' clubs thought they'd bounce straight back up though and failed. The gap these days is too big, it would be far more likely that we'd flounder.

depends what finish in the league you have in mind.

above relegation before any cup win(hate to have to put that)

champs league qualification before any cup win

then qualify again for uefa cup............then

win uefa cup

win then fa cup

win then league cup

Guest newcastle4life

stay up obviousely but why think that way bit negative rather to try and do both that would be better. Because its Newcastle probably cant have both though.