Easiest way to get to V Festival from Newcastle

Leazes1986

Considering going to this but can anyone tell me the easiest and best way to get to the Staffordshire site from Newcastle? I can only really go if I can get reasonably priced transport. I haven't got a clue how to get there but i'm assuming I might have to get a train then bus/taxi?

Last time I was there, they ran free buses from Stafford train station.

I'm sure we paid!

Been there the last 3 years and going again this year. First time we drove down, which was a bad move as we had a minor crash on the way.  :no: The lad driving had clearly lied about his experience driving on motorways though.

The other 2 times we got the train. Changed at Birmingham New Street to Stafford/Wolverhampton (think it was cheaper to Wolv, and not far off the same distance). Taxi the first time from the train station to the site (it was a straight £??? advertised right outside the train station), second time got a bus.

Think we'll probably do what we did last year - get mates who are driving down to take all our drink, and we'll head down on the train.

Guest tommykay

National express do buses for £50 a think, we done it last year and it cuts out all the traffic getting in to the site. Was definately worth it and would do it again if i went.

• 2 months later...

BUMP

Our tickets still havent came (we bought them through a 3rd party and thye are expected to come this week). They were bought from the same buyer a couple at a time but at different times. They are weekend camping tickets but there is a small risk that 2 of the tickets might be on a different colour campsite to the other 2 (hopefully not since they were from the same buyer). If this happens are we fucked for the night times? We obviously want to drink for a good few hours after the last band and have a luagh together. It will be a bit shit if we are seperated from each other. Do they only let people with the right colour armband on the campsites, so we will have to seperate straight after the last band?

BUMP

Our tickets still havent came (we bought them through a 3rd party and thye are expected to come this week). They were bought from the same buyer a couple at a time but at different times. They are weekend camping tickets but there is a small risk that 2 of the tickets might be on a different colour campsite to the other 2 (hopefully not since they were from the same buyer). If this happens are we fucked for the night times? We obviously want to drink for a good few hours after the last band and have a luagh together. It will be a bit shit if we are seperated from each other. Do they only let people with the right colour armband on the campsites, so we will have to seperate straight after the last band?

They don't check. Anyway, you'll both be shacked up with some tasty birds you groped while they were crowd-surfing.

Dunno about the not checking like, they've seemed pretty on the ball the last few years I've been there (asking you to roll your sleeve up if you can't see the wristband) etc. Unless they've changed it (and I can't see anything about this on our tickets) you don't get different wristbands for each colour campsite though.. just one colour to show you're allowed into the campsite and a separate one if you've got a non-camping ticket.

From a pure 'festival' point of view, V sounds like utter shit.

There are so many amazing festivals around the UK, am surprised V is so popular.

Dont take any valuables, the gangs are out in force this year.

Sounds much too over organised and anal, no freedom creativity which tbh a festival is all about.

Hopefully we won't get checked then if we end up with different tickets. I don't know what to expect at V really. Never been to a festival so I will enjoy it, even though from what I gather its nowhere near the best festival to go to. Shame about the line up though, its fucking shocking really. The laugh, beer, last chance to see Oasis for a few years and a few bands I've never seen live like Ocean Colour Scene (yes i Know they're fucking awful these days) will make it a great weekend though. I can't believe how much shit they've got on though. Snow Patrol, Keane, James Morrison, Athelete and the like. They seem to have managed to get all of the utter shit of bed wetting indie music into one festival. I'm gutted i'm not going to Leeds like. Kings Of Leon, Blur, Ian Brown, Arctic Monkeys and a load of other great bands.

Yep. Freedom, creativity, balloons of nos and a fuck load of ketamine.

:lol: Mudmah.

Oh yes and lots of mud ;)

I walked past a tent last week and overheard "welcome to Dan's k-hole, can i interest you in some ketamine-based snacks".

I kept walking...

Have a good time, Leazes. Busting a gasket for Leeds now... the line-up has shaped up really very nicely. Looked like a joke when it was first published. Gossip headlining the second stage is still an atrocity though - but they've made up for it with the inclusion of Lostprophets.

Maximo Park-then-Prodigy-then-Arctic Monkeys. That's going to be quite an evening. :aww:

No Blur though...

Yep. Freedom, creativity, balloons of nos and a fuck load of ketamine.

:lol: Mudmah.

Oh yes and lots of mud ;)

I walked past a tent last week and overheard "welcome to Dan's k-hole, can i interest you in some ketamine-based snacks".

I kept walking...

I didn't know that was a legit method of taking Ket haha, sounds a genius place to be.