Reminiscent of the Souness Era

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

I've got to say that last nights result just reinforced my thinking of how this season is panning out. Souness was allowed to stay in his job because he kept "winning 1 , losing 2", the win just being enough to give him some breathing space for another week. A couple more bad results, the tide turning towards the end of his reign and another win, just to keep him in his job that bit longer. We all knew he would go in the end but it was just for how long could he keep scapping the odd win to stem the decision.

I still believe that the root of all our problems is the fat man, but for me Roeder is tactically inept and has to go. Again, however, the "Souness Syndrome" seems to be striking. A few bad bad results then a win (Palermo), a shocking result, then a scrappy win (Watford). How long must this go on before Shepherd washes his hand with Roeder. Ultimately there will be no fruition and Newcastle will suffer (badly IMO as I can not see us staying up in our present state). My only hope is that this mess is sorted out sooner rather than later but we all know it will not be.

I've got to say that last nights result just reinforced my thinking of how this season is panning out. Souness was allowed to stay in his job because he kept "winning 1 , losing 2", the win just being enough to give him some breathing space for another week. A couple more bad results, the tide turning towards the end of his reign and another win, just to keep him in his job that bit longer. We all knew he would go in the end but it was just for how long could he keep scapping the odd win to stem the decision.

I still believe that the root of all our problems is the fat man, but for me Roeder is tactically inept and has to go. Again, however, the "Souness Syndrome" seems to be striking. A few bad bad results then a win (Palermo), a shocking result, then a scrappy win (Watford). How long must this go on before Shepherd washes his hand with Roeder. Ultimately there will be no fruition and Newcastle will suffer (badly IMO as I can not see us staying up in our present state). My only hope is that this mess is sorted out sooner rather than later but we all know it will not be.

blueyes.gif  In the cups I can live with the despair, it's the hope I can't stand.  I'd rather we won in the league just now, never mind last night, we've got to win at City.  Can't help thinking Roeder's been given till xmas to turn it around otherwise he's out regardless of results in the cups.

Guest Magnetic North

blueyes.gif In the cups I can live with the despair, it's the hope I can't stand. I'd rather we won in the league just now, never mind last night, we've got to win at City. Can't help thinking Roeder's been given till xmas to turn it around otherwise he's out regardless of results in the cups.

That's surely the case.

blueyes.gif In the cups I can live with the despair, it's the hope I can't stand. I'd rather we won in the league just now, never mind last night, we've got to win at City. Can't help thinking Roeder's been given till xmas to turn it around otherwise he's out regardless of results in the cups.

That's surely the case.

To be replaced by???

That's surely the case.

To be replaced by???

There's no need to worry about that man, we'll be ASTOUNDED at the top quality names queuing up to manage us  bluebiggrin.gif

That's surely the case.

To be replaced by???

There's no need to worry about that man, we'll be ASTOUNDED at the top quality names queuing up to manage us  bluebiggrin.gif

Then we'll all get it wrong by texting and e-mailling Shepherd to tell him that we want Tery Mac.