Kinnear won't be back... lol, j/k

Dave

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2009/Kinnear_fined1206.aspx

Kinnear fined

Friday, 12 June, 2009

Joe Kinnear has been fined £1,500 by a Regulatory Commission.

At a Regulatory Commission hearing on 10 June, former Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear was fined £1,500.

Kinnear admitted a charge of improper conduct relating to a touchline confrontation involving himself and Hull City manager Phil Brown during an FA Cup match at St James' Park on 14 January.

The fine will be payable upon Kinnear's return to football.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The pinnacle for me was Stokes equaliser at home. I felt lower at that point than when we got relegated for some strange reason. I actually had to have a shower after it, Rocky IV style.

The pinnacle for me was Stokes equaliser at home. I felt lower at that point than when we got relegated for some strange reason. I actually had to have a shower after it, Rocky IV style.

did you end up crying in agony on the shower floor?

Guest firetotheworks

did you end up crying in agony on the shower floor?

Hahaha, I was pretty close to tears like, but I was more massively frustrated and angry than upset.

Oh aye; i was more angry and distraught after the Wigan, Stoke, Mackem, etc games. Just soul-destroying.

I'd already accepted relegation as an inevitability just before it happened at Villa. The Fulham home game was pretty crushing.

Oh aye; i was more angry and distraught after the Wigan, Stoke, Mackem, etc games. Just soul-destroying.

I'd already accepted relegation as an inevitability just before it happened at Villa. The Fulham home game was pretty crushing.

I'd accepted it after Liverpool at home. I had an inkling we might pull it off when Shearer got involved but either the players where way past caring or Shearer was as Barton described and tactically inept. I'm hovering with my thoughts on Shearer as his input was zero.

Surely the fact that the players were past caring (which surely you can't deny, atleast to some extent...) negated any effect Shearer could have on the side? I'm gonna sound canny pretentious here but it's a bit predictable that you're gonna pin the blame on Shearer, through the sheer fact that you just don't like the bloke. Shearer came in and quite clearly tried his damned hardest to make a big difference but the vast majority of the players didn't care half enough to save this club from relegation. I'd hardly say he was tactically inept, regardless of what that stupid bastard thinks. Not that i've heard any quotes from Barton... but he played less than a full game under Shearer so i can't see how he can make any sort of judgement on the tactics from a player's perspective.

Surely the fact that the players were past caring (which surely you can't deny, atleast to some extent...) negated any effect Shearer could have on the side? I'm gonna sound canny pretentious here but it's a bit predictable that you're gonna pin the blame on Shearer, through the sheer fact that you just don't like the bloke. Shearer came in and quite clearly tried his damned hardest to make a big difference but the vast majority of the players didn't care half enough to save this club from relegation. I'd hardly say he was tactically inept, regardless of what that stupid bastard thinks. Not that i've heard any quotes from Barton... but he played less than a full game under Shearer so i can't see how he can make any sort of judgement on the tactics from a player's perspective.

I'm not pinning the blame on Shearer except to say that 1 win in his eight games was anything but earth shattering. Performances made no noticable improvement under his eight games.

But, I do hope he gets the opportunity to continue and he can shift the shit and bring in his own players etc. Whether he's a success or failure it needs to happen for the sake of the club.

Why hasn't Shearer said publicly that he'll do the job now for a minimal wage on a month to month basis until the takeover has been finalised. The Club and potential purchasers willnot be burdoned with an Allardyce scenario of 'their man' not being in place from the start. A gamble for Shearer but is it one he should think worth taking even if he is forced initially to work with the squad as it is now?

I'm not pinning the blame on Shearer except to say that 1 win in his eight games was anything but earth shattering. Performances made no noticable improvement under his eight games.

But, I do hope he gets the opportunity to continue and he can shift the shit and bring in his own players etc. Whether he's a success or failure it needs to happen for the sake of the club.

Why hasn't Shearer said publicly that he'll do the job now for a minimal wage on a month to month basis until the takeover has been finalised. The Club and potential purchasers willnot be burdoned with an Allardyce scenario of 'their man' not being in place from the start. A gamble for Shearer but is it one he should think worth taking even if he is forced initially to work with the squad as it is now?

Why should he have to do that? I don't get where this whole mentality that it's Alan Shearer, Newcastle legend - he must do the noble thing out of the good of his heart or he's not worth bothering with. This is football and it's changed a lot since 1992, he shouldn't have to offer himself in that sort of way. I've got no qualms with him rejecting a contract* that would leave his future in total limbo. Why should he bother building the squad over the summer if it's indefinite whether or not he'll be fucked off by the end of it?

Either he's the manager or he isn't, and i don't see anything wrong with him thinking that way.

*as if he's ever been offered such a thing. :rolleyes:

Guest Phil K

Surely the fact that the players were past caring (which surely you can't deny, atleast to some extent...) negated any effect Shearer could have on the side?

Both very good points - even allowing that the players had indeed "past caring" (had most of them ever started ?) Al's record was dismal.

I certainly thought he'd be good for double the points he actually got - a MINIMUM expectation

To be sure, Al knows he has to boot out the big earners (who were curiously also those giving least effort) and those past their sell by date and start bringing in, like Keegan first time around, bring in decent hard working players who aren't disruptive in the dressing room