Fantasy Football (the show)

Dokko

Remember that young lad on the show years back, think he was about 12 that signed for Milan, he was the youngest person ever to sign up to a football club, who was he and did he make it?

Ta.

"I couldn't take it, and I got ill, really screwed up," Sonny adds. "I stopped going to training and stuff, because I was so screwed up I couldn't hack it. Looking back, it's amazing how low I was. Ajax completely forgot about me, they didn't want to know, but as soon as I was better, they acted like they'd always been there for me. I realised how superficial it is at that level, and if I hadn't got back to form I bet they would have turfed me out. That's why I packed it in, it's so unstable. I guess it was during that period that I realised how much psychologists can help people, and I suppose I took it from there."

His parents must've been idiots, tbh.

"I couldn't take it, and I got ill, really screwed up," Sonny adds. "I stopped going to training and stuff, because I was so screwed up I couldn't hack it. Looking back, it's amazing how low I was. Ajax completely forgot about me, they didn't want to know, but as soon as I was better, they acted like they'd always been there for me. I realised how superficial it is at that level, and if I hadn't got back to form I bet they would have turfed me out. That's why I packed it in, it's so unstable. I guess it was during that period that I realised how much psychologists can help people, and I suppose I took it from there."

His parents must've been idiots, tbh.

Bloody hell, used and abused and spat out when finished with.

What a shame, just goes to show though don't it, there should be a fkn law saying kids must stay with their youth team until the age of 16.

Signed for Ajax in the Netherlands at the age of only seven

However, the pressure on Pike led to both his personal mental breakdown in 2000 and the collapse of his parents' marriage. Pike's collapse has been used as a warning to other young athletes, such as Cherno Samba and Rhain Davis

Guest Stephen927

It's too much pressure on young shoulders. Football at that age should be all about fun, kicking a ball around a park with your mates having a laugh.

Shame for him as that experience has clearly ruined the game for him.