Confederations Cup

Kaizero

I can't believe goals in this competition count towards your proper international tally. Torres could break his national goalscoring record in this one match.

Why wouldn't it?  You get worse teams at the World Cup.

I can't believe goals in this competition count towards your proper international tally. Torres could break his national goalscoring record in this one match.

Why wouldn't it? You get worse teams at the World Cup.

Because no one really tries in the Confed Cup; it's just a bunch of friendlies.

Spain seem to take it seriously their team is at full strength (except injured players).

Spain seem to take it seriously their team is at full strength (except injured players).

For the big teams this is a nice way to get matches to get your team playing well, and getting used to the WC stadias. It's great preparation for them, of course they'll bring their big guns.

If it stays like this, it's not even Spain's best result this week.

Aye, but it's hardly the same intensity. No one really goes for it because the last thing these players want is to get injured.

"Watch every game of the 2009 Fifa Confederations Cup live on BBC Three, the BBC Red Button and the BBC Sport website."

That's from the BBC website - so I can only assume, with BBC3 not on till 7, that the website will have a live stream. I'm waiting for it atm  :thup:

Edit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Yep, about to come on.

Edit MkII: Aye it's on.

"Watch every game of the 2009 Fifa Confederations Cup live on BBC Three, the BBC Red Button and the BBC Sport website."

That's from the BBC website - so I can only assume, with BBC3 not on till 7, that the website will have a live stream. I'm waiting for it atm  :thup:

Edit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Yep, about to come on.

Edit MkII: Aye it's on.

Great, thanks Neil.