We will win the league Cup - it's written in the statistics

Guest Toonarama

Guest Toonarama

Statistics can be used to prove anything and therefore are totally useless and irrelevant when predicting future results,

so therefore I confidently predict we will win the League Cup on the following basis.

We had met Portsmouth twice in cup competitions prior to this season, both times in the FA Cup, won both games in 1924 and 1952 and went on to win the competition in both years.

We had met Watford four times (3x FA and one League Cup) won two of the games, both times in the FA Cup in 1924 and 1932 went on to win the competition in both years.

(I reserve the right to change my mind after the QF draw)

• 16 years later...
On 08/11/2006 at 04:17, Guest Toonarama said:

Statistics can be used to prove anything and therefore are totally useless and irrelevant when predicting future results,

so therefore I confidently predict we will win the League Cup on the following basis.

We had met Portsmouth twice in cup competitions prior to this season, both times in the FA Cup, won both games in 1924 and 1952 and went on to win the competition in both years.

We had met Watford four times (3x FA and one League Cup) won two of the games, both times in the FA Cup in 1924 and 1932 went on to win the competition in both years.

(I reserve the right to change my mind after the QF draw)

:lol: