Xisco has his say

Dave

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/5552260/Xisco-kid-lifts-the-lid-on-Newcastle-chaos.html

Xisco kid lifts the lid on Newcastle chaos

Newcastle United did not wake up to their snowballing problems and the possibility of relegation "until it was too late'', according to Xisco, their Spanish Under-21 forward.

By Henry Winter in Varberg, Sweden

Published: 6:47PM BST 16 Jun 2009

Having made only five league appearances last season, Xisco certainly has a point to prove when he faces England at Gothenburg's Ullevi Stadium on Thursday in the Uefa Under-21 Championship.

The £7 million recruit from Deportivo La Coruna has come to represent the naivety, tension and lack of planning of the Mike Ashley era.

Xisco is understood to have been the signing of two Ashley allies, Tony Jimenez and Dennis Wise, whose involvement in transfers antagonised the manager at the time, Kevin Keegan.

Xisco fell victim to the politics of St James' Park, being ignored by Keegan, then Joe Kinnear and finally Alan Shearer. He has four years left on a lucrative contract, will learn next season's Championship schedule when the fixtures come out on Wednesday and is incredibly frustrated.

"This last year has been hard, very hard," Xisco said yesterday. "When I signed from Coruna I knew Newcastle were a historic team, great fans, great players and a lot of money.

"But there were many problems. First it was like a small snowball, then the problems rolled and rolled, got bigger and bigger and then when it was time to wake up it was too late. We did not have time to recover.

"I knew the story that Keegan was not the one who wanted to sign me. We never spoke much. I would say 'hello'. That was about it.

"When Kinnear came... for me nothing. On that first Monday I knew I would not be playing. There was no communication with Kinnear. I was very angry. For a player the most important thing is respect. I felt they didn't care if I trained well or trained badly. It was 'You stay here and train one or two hours and then go home'.

"The first game when Kinnear left [became ill] I played 10 minutes against West Brom and this day was like 'wow, I play again!' Next reserve game I played against Manchester City and I get an injury with my toe. I was out for 2½ months.

"At the beginning it improved when Shearer came in. But I understand his situation. He had to use players who had played all season. He had only eight games to change it around. That was too short. But no one thought Newcastle would go down."

Xisco paints a picture of a club in paralysis, waiting for Ashley to sell up, leaving players in limbo, although all are available for sale barring the likes of Sebastien Bassong and Steven Taylor.

"They don't know what they want," added Xisco of the board. "I don't know what I will do. Newcastle don't know what will happen with the manager, who is the manager, nothing.

"I have to wait for a call to see if they want me there or if they want me to go on loan. I cannot afford another year like it.

"I need to play. If I can't play at Newcastle I have to find another team. I love England and Newcastle is a nice city to live in.

"I was surprised because I had heard many legends about England. About the weather, the food and the time when everything closes – 5pm!

"In Spain it is not like this! But I was together with [Fabricio] Coloccini and Jonas [Gutierrez] and life in the city was good. Beautiful people, always friendly.

"I am sad for everyone because Newcastle fans are amazing. I remember my first game when I came. It was: 'Wow, what a team, what fans.'

"It has all been very sad for the club and the city. When we win or when we lose the mood of the city changes."

A regular with Spain's Under-21s despite his travails at Newcastle, Xisco cannot wait for Thursday.

"I have to show to the Newcastle fans what I can do. I have given many tips to my team-mates about England. They have a strong team of very good, quick, quality players. We know their principal dangers: [Theo] Walcott and [Gabriel] Agbonlahor. I like the right-back [Micah] Richards too."

No surprises - it is/was a fucking mess. :(

Very honest, I feel for him, he has been fkd by the Ashley cunts as much as we have, he seems like he would be happy getting games for the reserves and trying to make the first team. I say keep him, he is still way better than Shola.

Guest geordienorway

Another player that blames the club and not the fans .

What have the fans done wrong?

Guest Heneage

Another player that blames the club and not the fans .

What have the fans done wrong?

I didn't say they had, but it's good because a man in his situation could quite easily hate eveyrthing associated with NUFC.

I've slated him for being a party-boy and thinking he might actually get a shot if he stayed out of the clubs for once, but tbh the Kinnear non-treatment was just a disgrace. Where the fuck would any motivation come from?

We'll never know how good or bad this lad actually is.

Has been royally f***ed by this club and has never set one foot wrong.  I really hope he gets a chance in the Championship and can prove himself.

Surely some team in La Liga will buy him. I mean he's worth it, considering we won't be looking for any kind of serious fee.

Guest Stephen927

Doesn't make for good reading, confirms what we thought, Kinnear didn't give a toss about him and probably didn't even know his name.

It's a shame, because he came here with a decent enough record at Deportivo but never really got much of a look-in. He was judged quite harshly by a few on here from the few appearances he did make, no where near enough time to have any kind of opinion about the lad.

Also, thats the second time today I have read that he's on a lucrative contract. Just can't see it myself.

I've slated him for being a party-boy and thinking he might actually get a shot if he stayed out of the clubs for once, but tbh the Kinnear non-treatment was just a disgrace. Where the fuck would any motivation come from?

We'll never know how good or bad this lad actually is.

we will, when he goes to spurs and scores 20. this is newcastle.

Guest firetotheworks

We really are the murderer, hospital and graveyard for footballers like. What a fucking shit club we are.

Doesn't make for good reading, confirms what we thought, Kinnear didn't give a toss about him and probably didn't even know his name.

It's a shame, because he came here with a decent enough record at Deportivo but never really got much of a look-in. He was judged quite harshly by a few on here from the few appearances he did make, no where near enough time to have any kind of opinion about the lad.

Also, thats the second time today I have read that he's on a lucrative contract. Just can't see it myself.

Kinnear didn't rate him but he was instrumental in handing out lucrative contracts to Butt, Nolan, Ryan Taylor and Ameobi. Someone really should write a headline article on how that happened.

"I knew the story that Keegan was not the one who wanted to sign me. We never spoke much. I would say 'hello'. That was about it."

Cunt. Keegan that is.

They overlapped by about 24 hours :lol: