American PEEPS: Where can I watch the WBA match in NYC?

SEMTEX

Guest Texasmag

Nevada Smiths might show it. Call them, as that is where the Newcastle Supporters go to watch the games.

No one knows right now tbh. If setanta go under, you probably won't be able to see the game at all. If they stay around then you'll have to find a football focussed pub someplace. I lived in NYC for a year but couldn't tell you where you'll find one of them unfortunately.

I was just wondering if there was an NUFC based bar. I'll keep Nevada Smiths in mind and check their website nearer the time to see if they'll show it (assuming I can't find a NUFC bar).

Cheers :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

No one knows right now tbh. If setanta go under, you probably won't be able to see the game at all. If they stay around then you'll have to find a football focussed pub someplace. I lived in NYC for a year but couldn't tell you where you'll find one of them unfortunately.

What have Setanta got to do with anything? About as relevant to our games next year as Netto going under!

What have Setanta got to do with anything? About as relevant to our games next year as Netto going under!

They've got everything to do with the coverage here in North America. They are the only channel that shows championship games here. No other broadcaster will likely pick that up should they go under.

Guest Roger Kint

They've got everything to do with the coverage here in North America. They are the only channel that shows championship games here. No other broadcaster will likely pick that up should they go under.

So you cant get streamed Sky broadcasts? How can they own rights in one country yet not this one?

Aye. Exactly.

So suck a dick, ROGER.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye. Exactly.

So suck a dick, ROGER.

Thanks for the offer dan but am not into you

So you cant get streamed Sky broadcasts? How can they own rights in one country yet not this one?

They overseas, well at least the North American rights are owned by Setanta, they sell some of the games on to other channels, like sportsnet or the score here in Canada. But no one will pick up the championship games, there's just not a market for it here, it the premiership or nothing, no one cares. We've been spoilt over the last couple of years with the coverage Setanta has given us.

A pub could decide to go to the trouble to install a satelite dish to pick up native UK broadcasts of SKY or find some illegal stream of the championship games but that's highly unlikely.

Guest Roger Kint

They overseas, well at least the North American rights are owned by Setanta, they sell some of the games on to other channels, like sportsnet or the score here in Canada. But no one will pick up the championship games, there's just not a market for it here, it the premiership or nothing, no one cares. We've been spoilt over the last couple of years with the coverage Setanta has given us.

A pub could decide to go to the trouble to install a satelite dish to pick up native UK broadcasts of SKY or find some illegal stream of the championship games but that's highly unlikely.

Learn something new everyday. Must say i am surprised the special dishes arent more common there.

Learn something new everyday. Must say i am surprised the special dishes arent more common there.

They probably would be, but Setanta when coupled with the Fox Soccer Network offers pretty conclusive footy coverage. Probably more than in the UK tbh.

They probably would be, but Setanta when coupled with the Fox Soccer Network offers pretty conclusive footy coverage. Probably more than in the UK tbh.

Absolutely. There are plenty of houses you'll see around with huge dishes that can probably pick up channels from all around the world, although how they would unscramble encrypted channels like Sky Sports is something I'm unsure about. But The pubs that show footy really have had no need to go to that kind of expense or trouble, the coverage here has been excellent through Setanta. Prior to them coming along, Fox sports world and Soccer Network used to serve NA pretty well but not to the degree Setanta do now and I don't recall them showing live championship games at all.

Hopefully Setanta will stick around because we are gonna be kinda screwed over here for coverage next season.

Guest Roger Kint

Would they need to unscramble Sky due to some other asain/aussie/etc channel covering Skys output on one of the channelsthe dish could pick up? Seems the Middle East channels on such bigger dishes and the internet based dishes available bypass this rule

Would they need to unscramble Sky due to some other asain/aussie/etc channel covering Skys output on one of the channelsthe dish could pick up? Seems the Middle East channels on such bigger dishes and the internet based dishes available bypass this rule

No Idea. I suppose they could pick up those foreign channels although not sure about the legal implications of doing that. They first though would need to have a suitable dish to pick it up. Not many if any pubs will go to the expense of having one installed just because NUFC are in the championship now :(

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to pick up signals from Sky satellites in the USA.  Not sure what people are getting with those dishes in the US but the furthest I've heard of Sky being picked up is Greece (except when Blair came to California).

We are f*cked.

The North American supporters will be lucky to see three games next year.

:sadnod: Hoping for a decent FA cup run.

I got all excited looking at the fixtures until I remembered I won't see any of them.

We are f*cked.

I got all excited looking at the fixtures until I remembered I won't see any of them.

Setanta showed at least 1 live championship game a week. It was usually on first thing saturday or sunday morning, can't remember. But they also showed tape delayed stuff during the week. If Setanta continue to broadcast next season, we'll see the boys a few times, but if they go under the best we can hope for is goal highlights on Sky Sports News extracts, that FSN show.

We are f*cked.

Setanta showed at least 1 live championship game a week. It was usually on first thing saturday or sunday morning, can't remember. But they also showed tape delayed stuff during the week. If Setanta continue to broadcast next season, we'll see the boys a few times, but if they go under the best we can hope for is goal highlights on Sky Sports News extracts, that FSN show.

Not bad. I'll wait a month into the season and subscribe if it seems like we'll be on a lot.