Toon Ultras 09/10

kane2005

First of all , I expect the usual muppets to reply saying " bunch of kids " , " chavers " , etc but we have heard it all before , for 3 or 4 years now so nothing new. Fire away.

Anyways , this week TU have now introduced a " membership fee " , reasons being that Ultras groups are supposed to be there to not only bring noise to the ground but also colour , with displays , banners and flags , something we have done mildly.

It is £5 for a year , which to be fair is not alot of money.

Our forum very nearly closed down this week due to lack of funds , so this membership will also allow us to cover the website aswell now.

TU is in a divide at the minute , half the members are moving to the Strawberry Corner and half like myself are staying put in the Leazes Corner, the place we complained to get for long enough.

I just want to get your general thoughts on the membership fee , some of our longest serving members have quite frankly said NO . I always thought that if they stook around for 3 / 4 years up to now , they surely want TU to work , yet will not pay £5 to help .

Thanks

Guest toonlass

So what do you get for a fiver? Access to the Toon Ultras website? Not worth it imo. And if half of the people are moving to the Strawberry corner what happens if you donate a fiver and the displays are not in the end you stand in? Which Ultras are moving to the Strawberry Corner, cos I would have thought that making the Leazes corner louder and better than last year would have been a better idea than dividing the number of people willing to sing and chant?

So what do you get for a fiver? Access to the Toon Ultras website? Not worth it imo. And if half of the people are moving to the Strawberry corner what happens if you donate a fiver and the displays are not in the end you stand in? Which Ultras are moving to the Strawberry Corner, cos I would have thought that making the Leazes corner louder and better than last year would have been a better idea than dividing the number of people willing to sing and chant?

Were you under the impression running a website costs nothing? They need the money just to keep the site going by the sound of things.

I agree the split seems a bit farcical like.

Guest toonlass

Were you under the impression running a website costs nothing?

I agree the split seems a bit farcical like.

No, cos I have contributed to the Ultras website fund before, just as I contributed to the fund for this website to move. I have also contributed banners to the Ultras.

Guest toonlass

I find your comment that donating a fiver per year isn't worth it strange then.

Because its basically a forum site, and there are many better Newcastle forum sites than the Toon Ultras one (which has gone way, way downhill recently) that you can access for free.

Donations and subscriptions are different kettle's o-fish.

People LOVE to feel good about themselves by voluntarily donating, where as people do not love being forced to pay for something. Even if it is something they often use. People are stupid.

Because its basically a forum site, and there are many better Newcastle forum sites than the Toon Ultras one (which has gone way, way downhill recently) that you can access for free.

It's not just a forum site though, it's THEIR forum for their organisation. I can't comment on whether or not it's any good because I've not been on there, but it still costs money to run. I assume there's a community on there that use the place regularly and IMO a fiver each is more than fair. As I said before, if we were relying on just a fiver per donation, we'd need more than three times as many people willing to donate.

Donations and subscriptions are different kettle's o-fish.

People LOVE to feel good about themselves by voluntarily donating, where as people do not love being forced to pay for something. Even if it is something they often use. People are stupid.

Fair comment.

Perhaps the TUs should make it a voluntary thing then and watch the money roll in. ;)

Guest fading star

Can’t the TU’s just stay in L7? A singing section is after all what they wanted is it not, and a fair few of your number have been quick to slag off supporters in the rest of the ground.

Guest toonlass

It's not just a forum site though, it's THEIR forum for their organisation. I can't comment on whether or not it's any good because I've not been on there, but it still costs money to run. I assume there's a community on there that use the place regularly and IMO a fiver each is more than fair. As I said before, if we were relying on just a fiver per donation, we'd need more than three times as many people willing to donate.

I can comment because I used to use the forum regularly. Apart from the official toon ultras threads which were basically just asking if they should finance banners/surfers/make displays constantly and trying to set up a rota for people to take and put up the banners (which more often that not didn't happen or involved a couple of the more dedicated lads all the time) a lot of it was the usual craic you read on other forums. The people who put money in were the same one's over and over again, and had it not been for lads such as Kane, Pav and Heron bugger all would be done on there and the website has been close to closing down for eons now due to lack of support.

Guest wshmag

only ever read one good thread on that site and it was about some lad getting a blow job on the way home from an away game.

canny.

Guest toonlass

only ever read one good thread on that site and it was about some lad getting a blow job on the way home from an away game.

canny.

See if wshmag enjoys something on there then that's a good enough reason for it to close down.

Guest wshmag

canny.

See if wshmag enjoys something on there then that's a good enough reason for it to close down.

i thought it was shite in all honesty.good enough reason to keep it open ?

canny.

i heard that story,  think the lass got banned from travelling on whatever bus trip it was though!!  Pity they might have got people going if they were getting "extras" on the way back!!

canny.

i heard that story,  think the lass got banned from travelling on whatever bus trip it was though!!  Pity they might have got people going if they were getting "extras" on the way back!!

Are you playing along? :)

Guest toonlass

canny.

You would think wrong then. 

Guest wshmag

canny.

:D

That's your first good attempt at wumming :D

eh?

canny.

thats what i was told anyway.

Guest toonlass

canny.

Aye? Well you would know better than me then eh?

canny.

Aye? Well you would know better than me then eh?

so did you not get banned then? :-)