Another Arab Takeover

Ketsbaia

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5394826,00.html

An unnamed English Premier League club has been bought by a member of the ruling family in the United Arab Emirates, according to the WAM news agency.

The report, released on Sunday, claims Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi, chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Department of Customs and Seaports, has acquired a 60 per cent stake in a Premier League club.

It has also been reported Sheikh Ahmed will be made the honorary chairman of the club, once the takeover is complete.

If the deal does go through the unnamed club will become the second top flight outfit to be Middle East owned, following on from Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mansour's takeover at Manchester City.

Portsmouth are also in the process of being taken over by another Abu Dhabi investor, with Sulaiman al-Fahim bidding to take charge at Fratton Park.

The WAM report states that more details of any potential deal are to be released at a press conference in the next few days.

Any ideas?? Surely there aren't many teams available....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5394826,00.html

An unnamed English Premier League club has been bought by a member of the ruling family in the United Arab Emirates, according to the WAM news agency.

The report, released on Sunday, claims Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi, chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Department of Customs and Seaports, has acquired a 60 per cent stake in a Premier League club.

It has also been reported Sheikh Ahmed will be made the honorary chairman of the club, once the takeover is complete.

If the deal does go through the unnamed club will become the second top flight outfit to be Middle East owned, following on from Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mansour's takeover at Manchester City.

Portsmouth are also in the process of being taken over by another Abu Dhabi investor, with Sulaiman al-Fahim bidding to take charge at Fratton Park.

The WAM report states that more details of any potential deal are to be released at a press conference in the next few days.

Any ideas?? Surely there aren't many teams available....

I think the bin dippers,  Liverpool or Everton

Reports came out a few weeks ago saying Everton were likely to be the next team bought out, so it'd make sense. I wonder what our resident Evertonians think....

No idea, but Scouse and Arabic sound very much alike so should work.

Always sounds like your trying to bring up a lung slug

Guest north shields lad

Got to be good news for them

so the richest clubs in britain could be man city, everton and portsmouth.

Everton used to be the richest club in the country in the 60s

Moyes + money = dangerous. i'd love them to break into the top 4.

In a weird way it may work against him.

Once major money starts being spent, and higher earners start to come in, I think team spirit starts to disintegrate as resentment starts to creep in.

It will be a good test for Moyes' ability as a man manager if he is given millions to splash.

I was thinking it was us, then I realised we aren't a Premier League club anymore.

Think I just had an epiphany. Think it really just hit me. Depressing.

I was thinking the same till I looked at your post, then the penny dropped that we are not a premier league club!

All I've heard too is rumour and speculation, and I'm not going to pull an Martin Jol and make out like I know much about it.

What I would say is though, if it is, then it's about time. But when Man City and Pompey get taken over before you, you don't hold much hope. We're going to find out, and imminently.

Not Everton-esque to not communicate news, though.

I was thinking it was us, then I realised we aren't a Premier League club anymore.

Same.

:sadnod:

couldve been us had we stayed us. thanks mike.

Not to go off on a terrible and unnecessary tangent but, it's not Mike's fault we couldn't defend leads against Wigan (for two minutes!) or Stoke.

tbf to wigan had not boyce been sent off for nowt we wouldn't have got back into the game.

Not to go off on a terrible and unnecessary tangent but, it's not Mike's fault we couldn't defend leads against Wigan (for two minutes!) or Stoke.

it is Mike's fault that not defending leads in two games leads means relegation. we've dropped easy points every season, it happens to every club. but it is 100% down to the owner that we were put in a situation were such a small margin of error could condemn us.

My general point was that results on the pitch are always the results of the manager and the players. Ashely didn't do a good job this season. However, Ashley could have done the same job and the team could have finished 13th or something. Hell, he could have done a better job and the team could have finished bottom. For me the bottom line is that, if the playing staff plays to potential, we are not relegated.

Same.

:sadnod:

fell for that too  :-[

Of course had they said the Arabs had bought 60% of a Championship Club, everyone would know it was us. Could be a smokescreen.....

Highly unlikely I know but hey ho we can dream...........

No we can't, Ashley owns 100% so it's 100% or nowt.

Of course had they said the Arabs had bought 60% of a Championship Club, everyone would know it was us. Could be a smokescreen.....

Highly unlikely I know but hey ho we can dream...........

:lol: It'd be ridiculous if Arab oil barons bought a Championship club and it wasn't us.