Lets all laugh at Sunderland !

Benwell Lad

Once again the bumpkins have proved that their world revolves around Newcastle as they wallow in the glory of their greatest ever season having achieved two points more than a dreadful Newcastle side and their first home derby win for 30+ years.  That, my friends, is the pinnacle of their ambitions.  ;D

So while we face tirade of "humour" aimed at us by their jubilant fans, which some say is justified by the region's small club's "success" and the scorn we heaped on them over several seasons, when they sober up they'll realise that once again the joke will soon be on them. ;D

They got 36 points - roughly twice their normal Premiership total.  ;D

They beat us at home for the first time in many fan's living memory. ;D

When we were ripping it out of them it was because we were challenging for Europe while they managed 15 points - not because we got 2 more points than them.  ;D

Saint Niall's magic carpet blarney is once again conning them, after preaching that the future was Sbragia he's now pinning his hopes on a jouneyman manager who is a self confessed Newcastle fan. ;D

If we're no longer able to challenge at the top of the league and our agenda has sadly become merely surviving, then we may as well take a step back. They will have yet another season of being little other than cannon fodder to the big clubs and will once again cheat their fans by playing weakened teams in the only competitions they have the remotest chance of success in just to try and preserve their league status, so they can go through it all again the season after. ;D

Their proud club will move ever closer to the "franchise" concept as once again no member of their playing staff or management team will lower themselves to live in Sunderland. And who could really blame them ? ;D

Even in the lower league we'll still have a bigger attendance as Match of the Day once again shows the nation what appears to be a half empty Stadium of Light. And that's before they start rebelling against Geordie boy Bruce. ;D

No, despite the laughable way our club has been ran this season, once the present fiasco is sorted and we have a Geordie legend running the show the gratuitous mocking will quickly cease and the hicks down the road will resume gazing at their navels and looking for a scapegoat. I wouldn't have Bruce's job for one of the biggest  salaries in football.

But there again I might ..................................

Do we have to? :lol:

I was quite proud the other day (when the away kit came out) when I noticed about a third of the threads on the first page of the SMB were about us and not one on here was about them.

Guest toonlass

I love the fact that they are phoning up the Legends to talk about us again. When asked about Steve Bruce they just say "Aye, I think its great" and then waffle on about us. The majority of them are not so much Sunderland supporters but Newcastle haters, and its funny as fuck to hear them going on as if they have won the champions league rather than staying up with 2 points to spare. Bernie Slaven is just as obsessed too, and seems to not give a toss that the smoggies went down, cos we went down too.

A few years ago when they were yo-yoing up and down breaking their low points record and getting twatted 4-1 at the SoL a life-long auld mackem I know coincidently gave up following football altogether and started folllowing Durham cricket team instead.  This was nothing to do with them being shit you understand, it was because it was too comercial nowadays, Sky had ruined it.  So it didn't matter if we took the piss out of him for being a mackem, he didn't care about them anyway.  Suddenly his interest has been re-sparked however, strange that.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that this season has been the highlight of the footballing lifetime of any mackem under 30 when they've spent a fortune and only avoided relegation on the last day of the season simply because Newcastle went down.

Guest Roger Kint

You got to admire them for claiming NUFC fans still beleive we are a top 6 team. One mackem pillock in the Star today text in to call us deluded....... :facepalm:

Guest Phil K

I have no problem with 'em having fun at our expense.

We have several seasons recently had fun at theirs

No problem.

What I do have issues with is the number of clubs doing the same as Sunderland up and down the country

Everton in paticular, Spuds, Man City, Man U - God, the list is endless.

And then, after the obsession in gloating at the troubles of a team at the other end of the country, the same dopes say we're not a "big club" !

So, far as I'm concerned, the makems have a right to mock incessantly - no other sides fans have though.

Guest Roger Kint

I have no problem with 'em having fun at our expense.

We have several seasons recently had fun at theirs

No problem.

What I do have issues with is the number of clubs doing the same as Sunderland up and down the country

Everton in paticular, Spuds, Man City, Man U - God, the list is endless.

And then, after the obsession in gloating at the troubles of a team at the other end of the country, the same dopes say we're not a "big club" !

So, far as I'm concerned, the makems have a right to mock incessantly - no other sides fans have though.

First half totally agree, they can say owt they like as we deserve it basically, we had our many, many, many jokes at their expense. My only gripe is the way so many fans view us(as fans) with soo much wrongly placed distain.

Guest Magpiecn

It's funny that mackem bought Cole ,Chopra who had played for newcastle, now has a boss who is Geordie fan,and also rumour to buy Beye .I also once saw on the SMB and someone said Keegan had never played for us. ;D

Stupid mackem!

Guest Phil K
My only gripe is the way so many fans view us(as fans) with soo much wrongly placed distain.

Which is just a mild form of what I had said.

I have never known such spite and glorying in the misfortune of a club (and yes, fans) NOT your local rivals.

Everton were by far the worst. They even sang songs against us in their last game away for God's sake.

I gather one or two others did it, and you had to listen to the likes of 606 and Talk Spurts phone-ins to believe the attitudes against us.

I do believe it's what has happened because of a concerted attempt by the national rags against us over the years, which I believe started when Shearer signed for us and not their beloved Man U.

it does seem that mackems take greater pleasure in us failing/getting beat than their own team being successful, but that's probably just because we're 'deluded' geordies, or some other cliche...  ;D

what i did enjoy was the fact andy cole never scored for them, but went on loan to burnley and hit a hat trick

The general consensus (well stereotype) of Newcastle fans is what you get 99.99% of the time when something major happens at the club and SSN go up to investigate...  One of the main reasons why there is so much disdain and ridicule directed at the club.

Obviously, having a chairman that fits the stereotype doesn't help.  Then there is every shambolic decision that has happened in the last few years. 

Pretty understandable if you think about it, why we are ridiculed so widely.

Guest Roger Kint

The general consensus (well stereotype) of Newcastle fans is what you get 99.99% of the time when something major happens at the club and SSN go up to investigate...  One of the main reasons why there is so much disdain and ridicule directed at the club.

Obviously, having a chairman that fits the stereotype doesn't help.  Then there is every shambolic decision that has happened in the last few years. 

So you are basically saying that the rest of the country are all gullible c**** who cant see that SSN home in on the utter t**** to make us all look like idiots?

I personally dont know any 'fan' who carries on like the tossers who gather round SJP when the cameras appear, even the majority of mackems i have met share this view but unfortunately people away from this region either are incapable or unwilling to work out this simple fact.

Yes, well that those people play their part in setting the image of the club.  SSN news know that's great entertainment and so they continue to wheel them out whenever something big at the club happens.  Usually that something big isn't actually that big - so the over-reaction is pure comedy gold to a lot of people.

Obviously like I said that plays it's part but is fuelled by ridiculous goings on in recent years.

Guest Phil K

So you are basically saying that the rest of the country are all gullible c**** who cant see that SSN home in on the utter t**** to make us all look like idiots?

I personally dont know any 'fan' who carries on like the tossers who gather round SJP when the cameras appear, even the majority of mackems i have met share this view but unfortunately people away from this region either are incapable or unwilling to work out this simple fact.

Oh I've known one or two peabrains who fit the description so beloved of the BBC and ITV - Sky isn't anywhere near as bad as those two

But the majority aren't like that but you rarely see them on the box.

I've met fans of other clubs who are truly thick as an elephant sandwich, but you never see THOSE on BBC paticularly not if they're of a London club, or North West

But heres the thing - many fans of other clubs, London clubs far worse than anywhere else - actually BELIEVE such crap. It doesn't say much for their own intelligence.

I've had fun at the expense of some Spuds fans a couple of years ago asking them if english was their second language, and was there when my niece was going to flatten an obnoxious big mouth Arsenal cow in the Strawberry 4 years ago - she had got mouthier and mouthier when she'd believed she wouldn't be touched because she wasnt male.

Was talking to a fat SMB in the airport in Turkey last night, he guessed from my accent I was a toon fan, he then went on and on about how shit Newcastle are, didn't once mention how good his mighty team is. Anyway he didn't have anything to say when I asked him why he wasn't flying back in to Sunderland airport..

Tbf if I wasn't a Newcastle fan and I hadn't lived in the region then I would probably hate us too. We have a unique Geordie sense of humour that can be quite harsh but funny. Most other clubs don't understand this. Besides we have a massive followign which many other clubs are jealous of - particularly the lieks of spuds and Everton who are overshadowed by clubs such as Arsenal and Liverpool.

It still annoys the hell out of me though.

Peoples' obsession only makes us stronger though - because it gives us the satisfaction of knowing everyone is bothered about us, one way or another.

Anyone see the "Let's all laugh at Newcastle" thread on RTG which has about a quarter of a million hits?  :doh:

Not surprising considering I've seen a poster on RTG to say he'd rather see Newcastle go into adminstration than Sunderland win the Champions League. 

:dowie:

Guest Magpiecn

Anyone see the "Let's all laugh at Newcastle" thread on RTG which has about a quarter of a million hits?  :doh:

Not surprising considering I've seen a poster on RTG to say he'd rather see Newcastle go into adminstration than Sunderland win the Champions League

How rediculous he is . ;D

Not surprising considering I've seen a poster on RTG to say he'd rather see Newcastle go into adminstration than Sunderland win the Champions League

How rediculous he is . ;D

he's a silly boy  ;D