So, er, what happens if the club isn't sold?

Dave

At a guess I would say ADMINISTRATION.  He's not going to put more money in, wages need paying and it's the only way that he'll get any money back from the club bar seeling it - it's very little compared to the alleged 100 million pound loan but it's something.

That's why we'll probably hear the club's actually been sold for somewhere in the region of 60 - 80 million somewhere down the line....

This.

Ashley had to plough in cash when we were making PL money- if he's closed his wallet then no sale would mean administration and the sale being taken out of his hands. He would get very little back, if anything, out of administration.

This is why the sale process is taking so long. Ashley is desperately waiting for higher bids as clearly all the ones so far are well below this ludicrous £100m price tag.

At a guess I would say ADMINISTRATION.  He's not going to put more money in, wages need paying and it's the only way that he'll get any money back from the club bar seeling it - it's very little compared to the alleged 100 million pound loan but it's something.

That's why we'll probably hear the club's actually been sold for somewhere in the region of 60 - 80 million somewhere down the line....

This.

Ashley had to plough in cash when we were making PL money- if he's closed his wallet then no sale would mean administration and the sale being taken out of his hands. He would get very little back, if anything, out of administration.

This is why the sale process is taking so long. Ashley is desperately waiting for higher bids as clearly all the ones so far are well below this ludicrous £100m price tag.

How long do you think he will wait?

Presumably you believe the sale is imminent then?

No, how did you get that from my original post like?

I think it will sell, no idea when though.

Suggesting Parky and Jonny Hall were being overdramatic.

Fact is we've no idea either way. :undecided:

I said Jonny was being dramatic because he painted a picture of everything that could go wrong going wrong until we finally went out of business.  Not because he suggested we might not get a new owner.

Of course we have no idea either way, doesn't mean that he wasn't being dramatic though.  I could say I think we'll be taken over by crazy arabs and in 3 years we'll be world champions, we've no idea so it could happen but it wouldn't change the fact that I would be insanely optimistic if I said that.

Guest neesy111

ashley has to sell asap to get as much money back, as he could potentially lose everything if the club goes into administration which would be the possibility if he stays as i can only see there being 20k for the reading home game

This.

How long do you think he will wait?

Given his track record, it's hard to tell, but I can't see us going much further than the end of the year before administration, especially given season ticket cash will be well down (the upfront money for 3-year tickets is gone already). If you were an investor, would you rather pay £100m to Mike Ashley, or £10m and put £90m into the club six months later? Surely the latter.

The players coming into training should bring things home to him. But then, he's hardly demonstrated much acumen this far, has he?

Oh god no not again, I hope you realise you've inevitably started a raft of stupid administration posts, despite the fact the idea makes no sense at all :doh: :D

Guest fraser

As I understand it he is auctioning the club but any bid will be once only and out of the knowledge of other bidders; this means that there will be a cut-off date (presumably extendable under certain circumstances) for the submission of bids.

IMO the least likely option is administration; to allow the club to fold when it could be sustained by payments in or by loans (new or restructured) would severely damage Ashley in other business areas.

Oh god no not again, I hope you realise you've inevitably started a raft of stupid administration posts, despite the fact the idea makes no sense at all :doh:

If you quoted the whole post, he said that's why a sale for a lower price now would be more likely.

Oh god no not again, I hope you realise you've inevitably started a raft of stupid administration posts, despite the fact the idea makes no sense at all :doh:

If you quoted the whole post, he said that's why a sale for a lower price now would be more likely.

I just meant the very mention of the word would start loads of silly "We're going into administration" posts.

Only today did it dawn on me the real trouble we are in. We have our first pre-season match in less than 2 weeks and not a single player has moved along (not counting Owen). The wages bill is ridiculously high. A **** load of our players don't have the pace to play in the Championship. We have no manager.

The club is absolutely in shambles. I honestly believe that if we don't have a confirmed buyer in the next 5 days, I can't see us doing that well this season. Call me pessimistic, but this is truly how I belive things are going to pan out... :undecided:

Take into consideration that's the prospect with a delayed sale. If the club can't sell, I predict it'll be much worse.

Guest Wally_McFool

I don't think not selling the club is an option anymore he doesn't want anything to do with us

Absolutely.

If the club is worth 80million now, how much  money will Ashley have lost in a years time by owning a club that people will not watch as long as he owns it, having to pay the extortionate wages to a bunch of overpaid twats who wont budge , loss of TV revenue etc. etc

He HAS to sell now or the club will be completely worthless to him.

Only today did it dawn on me the real trouble we are in. We have our first pre-season match in less than 2 weeks and not a single player has moved along (not counting Owen). The wages bill is ridiculously high. A **** load of our players don't have the pace to play in the Championship. We have no manager.

The club is absolutely in shambles. I honestly believe that if we don't have a confirmed buyer in the next 5 days, I can't see us doing that well this season. Call me pessimistic, but this is truly how I belive things are going to pan out... :undecided:

Take into consideration that's the prospect with a delayed sale. If the club can't sell, I predict it'll be much worse.

Owen, Viduka, Cacapa, Lovenkrands, Edgar and Gonzales just FYI.  Also our players don't have the pace to play in the Championship?, pace seriously?  When we played Coventry last season they made Milner look quick for fuck sake! :)

From the playing side of things, we're still the best team in the Championship as it stands. Boro have signed some bloke from Colchester as Downing's replacement, don't think WBA have bought anybody of note, so as long as the takeover is done in the next one, maybe even two weeks, we'll be ok I reckon.

Owen, Viduka, Cacapa, Lovenkrands, Edgar and Gonzales just FYI.  Also our players don't have the pace to play in the Championship?, pace seriously?  When we played Coventry last season they made Milner look quick for f*** sake! :)

I'll have to give you that on the contracts. Couldn't remember the first team for ****.  Anyway, I've watched a few Championship games in my time and they seem to play at a much faster pace. I don't know if it was because I watched a select few but from what I've seen the likes of Butt, Nolan and Duff won't have the legs nor the stamina to play in this league.

Owen, Viduka, Cacapa, Lovenkrands, Edgar and Gonzales just FYI.  Also our players don't have the pace to play in the Championship?, pace seriously?  When we played Coventry last season they made Milner look quick for f*** sake! :)

I'll have to give you that on the contracts. Couldn't remember the first team for ****.  Anyway, I've watched a few Championship games in my time and they seem to play at a much faster pace. I don't know if it was because I watched a select few but from what I've seen the likes of Butt, Nolan and Duff won't have the legs nor the stamina to play in this league.

The league is quicker in that its less about technique and more about work rate (more running), but whenver I've seen a Championship side real pace has been very rare.  For instance Duff and Milner both looked excellent the last time they played Championship sides.  Because they had better technique and for once they were at least as quick as the opposition, where as in the Premiership they just don't have the pace.  I agree though that some of our midfield don't have the stamina needed for what is a much harder working league.

We're going to get mullared for the first half a dozen games, every side against us will be totally up for it and our lot will still be arguing amongst themselves/feeling sorry/looking for a move.

Guest Mantis

We're going to get mullared for the first half a dozen games, every side against us will be totally up for it and our lot will still be arguing amongst themselves/feeling sorry/looking for a move.

Starting the season with no manager will be a major problem with regard to morale but that is one of a million problems.  This is going to take some turning around even if the club is sold anytime soon.

Guest habibbeye

Anybody remember the mackems with Quinn as manager? How many games did they lose and still end up as Champions?

From the playing side of things, we're still the best team in the Championship as it stands. Boro have signed some bloke from Colchester as Downing's replacement, don't think WBA have bought anybody of note, so as long as the takeover is done in the next one, maybe even two weeks, we'll be ok I reckon.

Sadly I think that the lack of desire to play football for the club will negate any superiority we have in playing staff.

As most, if not all, teams will come at us like a bat out of hell, our lack of fight could see us lose a high majority of games.

Doomsday scenario (tongue firmly in cheek)

1) The following team trots out against West Brom:

Harper

Raylor       Saylor        Tozer       Kadar

Guthrie     Nolan        Butt          Duff

Carroll     Ranger

and is humiliated 0-4

2) Wages don't get paid, and the players force the club into administration, resulting in points deduction and virtually all of those players walk out claiming breach of contract

3) Ashley is tackled by Toon fans at Heathrow Airport attempting to flee to Belize and brutally murdered

4) Toon fans succeed in buying the club and turning it into a supporters trust

5) Raconteur comes out of retirement to debut in goals for NUFC in the 2010-11 League One Season

See, it's not all bad :lol:

That sounds alright.

At least Shola isn't in the team.