Shamrock Rovers 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 11/07/09

Decky

So if I see a couple of lads in a bus stop in Newcastle tops drinking Bucky, I can assume olliemort and messi arranged a meet?

I think messi is Irish.

He is Irish, from Portadown I think?

So if I see a couple of lads in a bus stop in Newcastle tops drinking Bucky, I can assume olliemort and messi arranged a meet?

I think messi is Irish.

We're not irish in Portadown man! Maybe he omes from that wee part that thinks they are, probably why I dont know him, believe me all the newcastle fans know each other in this town, only is about 5!

I think messi is Irish.

We're not irish in Portadown man! Maybe he omes from that wee part that thinks they are, probably why I dont know him, believe me all the newcastle fans know each other in this town, only is about 5!

Haha.  No I'm not from that wee part, quite the opposite in fact.  Just don't feel the need to go off on 1 if someone refers to me as irish, not the end of the world like.

Aye I know, was buzzin when I heard the ports were to play rangers and the toon, all me teams in one beautiful summer, then it turned out its the rangers youth team ad newcastle was barely a story!

Spoke to people in high places at Ports and they said it was basically a non-runner from the start, so much so the only contact was from the chron!

I think messi is Irish.

Haha.  No I'm not from that wee part, quite the opposite in fact.  Just don't feel the need to go off on 1 if someone refers to me as irish, not the end of the world like.

Our part of the world is a joke like isnt it :laugh: The barriers will never be broken down.

I think messi is Irish.

Our part of the world is a joke like isnt it :laugh: The barriers will never be broken down.

man goes fishing, only catches 1!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I am cant wait  :thup:

Know much about Tallaght? I thought about going to a pub before it, but ill prob just go to one in Dublin as I heard a few times that Tallaght is a bit of a dive, prob get f***ing knifed walking into a pub in a Toon top :lol:

I was there last September for my Birthday, well we went to Dublin but our Hotel was in Tallaght. Its ok, but the bit we were in seemed to be in the middle of being redeveloped with lots of new complexes being built. There was a decent little American Restaurant called 'Captain America' near the Glasshaus hotel we stayed in, no idea how far away that is from the pitch though.

There was a huge ASDA or something too just over the road from the hotel, which was right next to the Tallaght tram station.

I think messi is Irish.

I wasnt fishing, I didnt know people found it offensive to be called Irish in some parts of Ireland. Im aware that some see themselves as British more than Irish, but not that they didnt see themselves as Irish at all.

I actually work in Tallaght, live in Dublin. Tallaght is a shitehole, but it's not rough.

By far the best transport link for anyone interested will be the trams, that they call Luas, from the city centre. The terminus of the line to Tallaght is the stop where you'd probably have to be getting off, it's by a big shopping centre an the ground is walking distance from it.

Think I'll knock off work early and go along, had no idea this friendly was coming up, time to see my first toon game lol.

I am cant wait  :thup:

Know much about Tallaght? I thought about going to a pub before it, but ill prob just go to one in Dublin as I heard a few times that Tallaght is a bit of a dive, prob get f***ing knifed walking into a pub in a Toon top :lol:

I was there last September for my Birthday, well we went to Dublin but our Hotel was in Tallaght. Its ok, but the bit we were in seemed to be in the middle of being redeveloped with lots of new complexes being built. There was a decent little American Restaurant called 'Captain America' near the Glasshaus hotel we stayed in, no idea how far away that is from the pitch though.

There was a huge ASDA or something too just over the road from the hotel, which was right next to the Tallaght tram station.

The stadium is about 2 minutes walk away from the tram station, thank god.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Should be sound then.

The Tram is decent like, just get a day ticket, its pretty cheap considering.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think its a bit short notice to work the missus into a weekend in Ireland haha Hope you guys have a good day like, if the weathers nice should be class.

I think messi is Irish.

I wasnt fishing, I didnt know people found it offensive to be called Irish in some parts of Ireland. Im aware that some see themselves as British more than Irish, but not that they didnt see themselves as Irish at all.

haha, I was the hunter man and looks like indeed I caught a big1!

Could respond to your post but thats for another time and place, for now Im just gutted I cant make this match!

I think messi is Irish.

Some people get shot for those kinds of mistakes.

And before everyone attacks me for saying something naive, I live in the town where the fella was shot dead the other week after the Rangers/Celtic match, so I do know what I'm talking about lol

Guest GAMMELL

All these Irish Newcastle fans will come right out of the woodwork just watch. I remember the same thing happened when Newcastle came over for the Bray Wanderers game a couple of years ago. It's mad, I live in Dublin & you rarely see any f*cker wearing the black & white... apart from me-twatful-self.

Where do you's all be??