Shamrock Rovers 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 11/07/09

Decky

All these Irish Newcastle fans will come right out of the woodwork just watch. I remember the same thing happened when Newcastle came over for the Bray Wanderers game a couple of years ago. It's mad, I live in Dublin & you rarely see any f*cker wearing the black & white... apart from me-twatful-self.

Where do you's all be??

It seems most of us on here are travelling in from other parts of the country.

Guest GAMMELL

All these Irish Newcastle fans will come right out of the woodwork just watch. I remember the same thing happened when Newcastle came over for the Bray Wanderers game a couple of years ago. It's mad, I live in Dublin & you rarely see any f*cker wearing the black & white... apart from me-twatful-self.

Where do you's all be??

It seems most of us on here are travelling in from other parts of the country.

I appreciate that but theres a handful of Irish on this forum. With a population of 1.5 million in Dublin it just baffles me that I dont see or hear from the rest of the Irish toon community. The supporters club in the Ha'Penny Inn is a f*cking joke, there were 7, f*cking 7 Newcastle fans in the pub for the final game of the season against Villa  :lol: :lol:

Do peoples tickets on here say that your allocated in the 'away' stand? Mine just says "unreserved".

Mine says unreserved, but it says away section in big bold letters above it :razz:

i'm going. loads of us are gonna be in dublin for bruce springsteen over the weekend anyway and its only 8 miles from the gig so it'd be rude not too. btw will it be easy enough to get away end tickets on the day?

Guest GAMMELL

Shamrock have a league game on Friday night?

Rovers.... You'll get lynched if you say that in Tallaght.

We might actually win the game so...

Guest FlapjackJoe

i'm going. loads of us are gonna be in dublin for bruce springsteen over the weekend anyway and its only 8 miles from the gig so it'd be rude not too. btw will it be easy enough to get away end tickets on the day?

Ermmmm, no, it's sold out.  Not sure there'll be segregation at the game, usually isn't.  We're not hooligans.    :-p

Guest FlapjackJoe

Ermmmm, no, it's sold out.  Not sure there'll be segregation at the game, usually isn't.  We're not hooligans.    :-p

Oh, it's not sold out now, another 100 tickets were made available.

Everyone (including the Beeb) is getting themselves excited by reporting Barton is going to play in this match.

Based on what, I don't know. Hughton just said 'The game on Saturday is a chance to use all of the boys.' Controversial! :rolleyes:

United star is raring to go

STEVEN Taylor is ready to lead from the back after putting his England Under-21 heartache behind him.

The United defender missed out on the summer's European Championships – which saw England beaten in the final by old enemy Germany – because of an Achilles injury.

However, while Taylor's absence in the tournament was a blow to his country it has proved a positive for his club, with the 23-year-old having benefitted from a rest over the summer months, according to caretaker manager Chris Hughton.

Hughton is expected to field Taylor against Shamrock Rovers in Dublin tomorrow (3pm kick-off), as United open their low-key pre-season campaign, with Obafemi Martins the only player likely to miss out.

"Steven has been fine," Hughton told the Gazette. "He's trained with no problems, and has had the benefit of a rest over the summer.

"He's done the work we've wanted him to do, as have the others who had injuries at the end of last season, bar Martins, which is a plus."

Taylor – a candidate for the captaincy for the coming season, with former skipper Michael Owen having joined Premier League champions Manchester United – was troubled by ankle and Achilles problems late last season, missing a clutch of games in the relegation run-in.

And he said: "It feels fine now. I have a lot of people to thank for a successful return, and I just want to repay them."

Taylor, one of the few United players to emerge from last season with any credit, pledged his loyalty to the club in the wake of relegation.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/United-star-is-raring-to.5448801.jp

Some info from a Rovers fan:

Hello from Dublin lads. Looking forward to having you over next saturday for the friendly. The game is down for 3pm, so plenty of time for a few pints before and after. If any of you lads are in town from friday, we've a Eircom League Premier Division game that night, before next day's friendly, versus Bray Wanderers. It's a seaside town, a 40 min trip south, on the DART suburban rail system, from Connolly station in the city centre. Think you've played a friendly there before.

Tallaght is a sprawling suburb in the south west of the greater Dublin area. Best way of getting out is via the LUAS tram, which is also accessible form Connolly station in the city centre. You take the RED line all the way to the terminus in Tallaght. It'll drop you off at The Square shopping centre. You'll know it, as there's a Starbucks at the last stop. From there, have a quick glance around, and you'll see the floodlights of Tallaght Community stadium. From there it's about 5-6 min walk. One way trip on the Luas out is 2.30 euro.

Stadium capacity will be 6,000 for this game. So far as I'm aware at the moment, we've sold over 4,500 for it. The new stand opposite the main, is still under construction, but capacity will be increased to 10,000 for the friendly with Real Madrid in a few weeks.

If you are driving, presuming you are coming off the M50 motorway. Take the Tallaght exit. It's clearly marked. You'll come up onto a roundabout. Follow this around to the right and exit onto the Tallaght bypass (N81). Follow that road through five sets of traffic lights. You will pass a large public park on your left and the Stadium floodlights will come into view on the left. Take a left turn at the stadium corner (Maldron hotel is opposite). Follow the road down alongside the stadium for about 150 metres and there's a right hand turn into a carpark. If you're there early enough, there should be no problems.

Any of you over and fancy meeting up with a local supporters club for a few gargles and a yap, we will organise some grub for you at our local boozer, before or after, or both.

Just pm me here if interested.

Cheers. Have a safe trip over.

Also there is another big car park beside the ground for anyone driving:

http://i25.tinypic.com/ajxoc4.jpg

The car park is for a shopping centre, good to know if you want a bite to eat before the game.