What "unkown" player would you like see playing for Newcastle?

Kaizero

What "unkown" player would I like to see in black and white? I was asking myself that question the other day, tired from all the "which big name should we buy" discussions as I was. Why waste too much money on big name signings when we could get some non-expensive talents and possibly create even bigger stars than the ones we could buy for unmentionable amounts of pounds? What about all the "undiscovered" non-expensive-to-buy talents out there? So I decided to actually make a discussion thread about just that. What "unknown" footballer would you be pleased to see sign for the club?

I myself have long been convinced that a footballer for the Norwegian side Rosenborg could do great for us, I've witnessed his skills with the ball first hand as I've attended a few of Rosenborgs games. Including one against Real Madrid, in which Daniel Braaten made a great effort and single-handed almost defeated the opposition. I've added two "mixed" vids of him in action. And by playing with footballers as Roberto Carlos I'd say he's already proven that he could deal with a level of intencity like the one in the premiership.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbDXIdasrc

Though, I wouldn't want to be the only one going on about unkown talents. So I repeat my previous question: What unkown footballer do you think would do great? Feel free to state your opinion and discuss about players mentioned, if anyone have heard or seen enough of them to make up an opinon about them that is =P

Guest smoggeordie

If a player is unknown how the fuck do you know if you want them to play for Newcastle?

:lol:

Have to laugh at "Unkown" :lol:

If a player is unknown how the fuck do you know if you want them to play for Newcastle?

lol was going to be my reply but you finished reading it first bluelaugh.gif

As for  Daniel Braaten, aye he looks fast direct and very handy but youtube is up there with FM to be honest.

If a player is unknown how the **** do you know if you want them to play for Newcastle?

xD

I dug my own topic's grave with that one, didn't I?

Naturally I ment 'a player that would not be a big name signing' =P

lol was going to be my reply but you finished reading it first bluelaugh.gif

As for  Daniel Braaten, aye he looks fast direct and very handy but youtube is up there with FM to be honest.

Used to be class on FM on the one before he moved to Rosenborg. Always was my first buy.

Guest NorwegianMag

Daniel Braaten is a very good player, but his problem is that he's like a switch. Sometimes he's on modus and somethimes off! He's strong, he have good technique and on his best he's extremely good. I have heard that Wenger liked him for a season ago.

There're many good talents who plays in the Norwegian Tippeliga. One of them are Chinedu Ogbuke. A Nigerian striker that the big clubs are "sniffing" on :p

Guest GHoeberX

It's not like I wanna help out Newcastle or anything, but the best talents are

Diego Biseswar (left-wing/striker)

Ragnar Klavan (defender)

Luis Suárez (striker)

Martin Piekenhagen (superb German goalie)

Boy Waterman (good young Dutch goalie)

Moussa Dembéle (topnotch Belgian attacker)

Already more known players:

Mbark Boussoufa (Maroccan midfielder; got best player of the year, best talent of the year and another award in Belgium)

Vincent Kompany (The best belgium defender)

Tim Wiese (Worldclass German goalie of Werder Bremen)

Anderson Cléber Beraldo (Defender of Benfica)

Salcido (Mexican defender of PSV)

Known but underrated:

Patrick Kluivert

Heurelho Gomes (Best goalie in the world)

EDIT: In this list I'd usually also put Tim Krul, but you got him already, so no point in adding him.

Daniel Braaten is a very good player, but his problem is that he's like a switch. Sometimes he's on modus and somethimes off! He's strong, he have good technique and on his best he's extremely good. I have heard that Wenger liked him for a season ago.

There're many good talents who plays in the Norwegian Tippeliga. One of them are Chinedu Ogbuke. A Nigerian striker that the big clubs are "sniffing" on :p

I'd throw in Per Ciljan Skjelbred in the mix of talents in the Norwegian Tippeliga. That kid got a great future.