Our players are revolting

Dave

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/07/nufc-stars-set-to-revolt-over-delay-on-shearer-72703-24092835/

NUFC stars set to revolt over delay on Shearer

Jul 7 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United are on course for a players’ revolt.

Angry Toon stars have set a two-week deadline before deciding their futures at St James’s Park, with the delay in appointing Alan Shearer causing major unrest in the United dressing room.

The Chronicle understands a clutch of senior professionals at Newcastle have grown completely disillusioned with life on Tyneside, with defenders Habib Beye and Steven Taylor already making their feelings crystal clear behind the scenes at United.

French stopper Sebastien Bassong is expected to demand a move away on his return to the club’s Benton base next Monday, with the appointment of Big Al the only thing which will keep him in black and white.

There are up to FIVE more key players who are unsettled due to the snail-paced sale of the club and the reluctance by the current regime not to appoint Shearer as boss, with United already a week into their pre-season programme.

Managing director Derek Llambias said in the later edition of the Chronicle last night that United had received “more than two” bids for the much-maligned Magpies, and the two interested parties had met the £100m asking price.

However, until that sum is deposited into Ashley’s account and a sales purchase agreement is arranged, life remains in limbo at St James’s.

It has been well documented the majority of interested groups want Shearer as manager at St James’s Park.

However, unless the situation is resolved in the managerial dug-out in the next two weeks, the United board can expect a queue of unhappy players handing in transfer requests.

Despite their unconvincing contributions last season, the exits of Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Cacapa and David Edgar have left United’s squad looking rather light as the players spend the week in a boot camp in Dublin to prepare for the Championship.

Yet the departures of the disgruntled players Shearer had earmarked to stay will starve the Magpies of any quality which remains in the Toon squad.

More worryingly for Newcastle fans, caretaker boss Chris Hughton will be forced to field several players who are still some way short of completing their education in the reserve team – let alone the minefield nature of the Championship.

United were up again at the crack of dawn today for their second day of training in Dublin at Carton House.

Yesterday saw the players endure three gruelling sessions – and they were put through their paces so much there was for once a scramble for places in the outdoor ice baths afterwards!

Hardly idiots, they have every right to be frustrated with Ashley and his slowmo tactics, he seems hell bent on leaving a nasty legacy behind as he shuts the door on his way out.

It is up to Shearer to get messages through to the players via Hughton.

Pretty sure that this story is just journalist embellishment of what the writer believes is going on behind the scenes, after all the squad is currently in Ireland!

If i were a player i wouldn't even report back to training until there's a manager in place and an owner, till then i'd tell the club to fuk off, even if it is the club i support.

Bloody shambles.

I know its adding more fuel to the already raging fire, but FFS, this is beyond a joke now.

The club is lucky the players are giving them a 2week deadline; it doesn't deserve it, it certainly doesn't deserve fans to attend next season ATM.

Guest The Libertine

fuck them. they helped drop us in this shit so if they want to bail, i'll just hate them that little bit more.

Guest michaelfoster

Tell them to man up ffs, they are getting paid still. If they start revolting then dock their pay

Guest Roger Kint

Had I been an nufc player with access to Lambias/Ashley, I would be in prison now

If i was a bullshitter with access to Thompson House I would be a journalist now

Love how we always pick and choose which quoteless stories we beleive ;D

For the record i agree with you though :knuppel2: