Memorabilia

Tsunami

As I'm bored with all this non news over the sale of the club I thought I'd get my anorak out. What's your favourite Toon/ Sport memorabilia & what stories do they tell? I haven't got much: a few signed shirts, programmes (pillock that I am I have lost my Ujpest Doza one), ticket stubs and the like.

Here are a few ticket stubs to be getting on with. There is definite rogue one in there but I had a great weekend with my unwashed mates.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm253/nufcstu/IMG_0004.jpg

Guest Heneage

Probably my signed shirts and matchday programmes  from games.

I have a NUFC vs Chelsea one signed by Kalou Essien and Mourinho.

As well as signed Colocinni depor shirt, Nobby Peru and Emre Match worn newcastle shirt.

I left a load of that stuff behind when I split with my Ex, I bet shes hoyed it out. gutted

Loving the Keegans Farewell, paddock ticket, I watched that game from the scoreboard, Literally the board itself at the end, but had seen every game that season from the centre paddock.

I have some Ashes match programmes somewhere (the Botham Headingley Test) and have also thrown away a stack of Endsley Carr Mile/ GB programmes signed by some fantastic athletes in the days when Gateshead was a big meeting (Ed Moses, John Walker, Big Bren, Cram and others). No idea why I'd thrown them away! Must have been a kid... 

I see you were in the Paddock for KKs last league match, I was standing behind the Wall at the tunnel.

It was also where I saw his first game & pretty close to where my ST is now. Great view. During my teens I spent time standing in every section of the Gallowgate.

I see you were in the Paddock for KKs last league match, I was standing behind the Wall at the tunnel.

It was also where I saw his first game & pretty close to where my ST is now. Great view. During my teens I spent time standing in every section of the Gallowgate.

I saw his first game in the leazes corner, what a day. Then the rest of his time here in the paddocks.

Then spent most of the 80s first division days in various parts of the gallowgate.

I have a small badge with "Newcastle vs Portsmouth" and the date of the game on it, the game being Shearer's testimonial. The beauty/value being, they were only sold before the game.

Guest BooBoo

I have a small badge with "Newcastle vs Portsmouth" and the date of the game on it, the game being Shearer's testimonial. The beauty/value being, they were only sold before the game.

You mean the game he got the record breaking goal in? Those type of badges are quite common but anything associated with that game has extra value because of the significance.

Another good one is the FA Cup program from the Man Utd v NUFC game. Anything from Man Utd's treble year and you can stick an extra £10- £40 on it.

I have my ticket from Shearer's testimonial game and also the scarf from that game aswell.

For the record I love the back page, I have also heard it's the largest Football memorabilia store in the world, with the greatest selection aswell.

Guest firetotheworks

The best thing I probably have is the Tyne Tees script from when we were promoted after the 7-1 Leicester match. Its signed by the whole squad. My others are the home leg Royal Antwerp programme signed by Rob Lee, my 95/97 Home Shirt with Shearer 9 on the back signed by Steve Watson from when he opened Keegan Park in Killingworth, my David Ginola autograph, and my England U15s VS Brazil U15s programme complete with Michael Owen and Wes Brown in it. I think I spat on the Andy Cole poster in the middle of it though, and I also now detest Michael Owen, so it means very little to me.

Guest timmy boy

I haven't got many football things but back in the day when you could run on cricket grounds after the match I got basically every big players autograph from the 90's when international teams toured Durham. I have loads of signed Durham stuff also and a picture of me and Jonty Rhodes which he signed later in the summer which is class. Also got loads of other South African international players of the 90s signed photos of me and the player. They let me on the team bus and I went round and got my pictures signed by all the individual players.

You mean the game he got the record breaking goal in? Those type of badges are quite common but anything associated with that game has extra value because of the significance.

Another good one is the FA Cup program from the Man Utd v NUFC game. Anything from Man Utd's treble year and you can stick an extra £10- £40 on it.

Sorry, sorry, yes I mean the game where he got the record breaking goal. Like I said though, they were sold in the club shop before the game and they only had a few left by the end which were ofc snapped up dead quickly.

Guest koenji

have a signed Riquelme and Solano Boca Juniors shirt

Newcastle vs Barcelona match program signed by Figo, Van Gaal, Luis Enrique, Rivaldo, Ferrer, Sonny Anderson, Dugarry.

Del Piero, Aldair, Montella signed whitecards

Have every programme from the Arsenal champions league final run (Only went one of the games like but got people i knew get me the programme) mean quite a lot to me. Also have a DB10 testimonial tee and programme which mean alot.

Got a couple of signed KK items. One a programme from david bartons testimonial at Darlos old place, feethams. We played there the day afters Keegans last league game v Brighton.

The other is a 1984 style retro shirt that he signed when i took the bairn to his soccer circus up Glasgow way. After the conversation i had with him that day, i KNOW kk loves this club. I could feel the warmth and passion for the Toon in his voice. Little did i know that he would take over at NUFC only months later. All ended in tears unfortunately.

Anyway, that's enough sentiment. Apologies for going off topic. 

Got a couple of signed KK items. One a programme from david bartons testimonial at Darlos old place, feethams. We played there the day afters Keegans last league game v Brighton.

The other is a 1984 style retro shirt that he signed when i took the bairn to his soccer circus up Glasgow way. After the conversation i had with him that day, i KNOW kk loves this club. I could feel the warmth and passion for the Toon in his voice. Little did i know that he would take over at NUFC only months later. All ended in tears unfortunately.

Anyway, that's enough sentiment. Apologies for going off topic. 

That post is wanking material to me and cp40 man.