If Shearer walks....

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

The fans should make it clear to Ashley that they will walk too, unless he immediately appoints Shearer.  If potential buyers realise fans are going to walk also, they may pull out of any deal with Ashley and leave him with a millstone around his neck that he does not want.

The fans should make it clear to Ashley that they will walk too, unless he immediately appoints Shearer.  If potential buyers realise fans are going to walk also, they may pull out of any deal with Ashley and leave him with a millstone around his neck that he does not want.

Eh? Can I just ask why we'd want to put off prospective buyers? Makes no sense.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think that would be very helpful

Your right, sitting quietly/patiently is doing us the world of good

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why would we want to piss of potential buyers? What a ridiculous suggestion. I love Shearer, but the club is more important.

Keith Harris is not a buyer, he is the broker!

Why would we want to piss of potential buyers? What a ridiculous suggestion. I love Shearer, but the club is more important.

Keith Harris is not a buyer, he is the broker!

The OP is talking about pissing off potential buyers, not Keith Harris. I doubt Harris is the hold up tbh.

Guest neesy111

does every fan want shearer? no

i'm sick of the fans saying everyone wants shearer, he didn't really excel himself and is totally unproven

Guest Mantis

I don't think that would be very helpful

Your right, sitting quietly/patiently is doing us the world of good

Attempting to put off potential buyers is bad but tbh the situation is totally fkd now.  The club is sinking deeper by the day and is letting important transfer dealing time go to waste, though these mad bastards seem adept at that.  If nothing else they should have brought someone in temporarily to Manage the players, but there has been no indication that logic figures with the two apes in charge.  I just hope we dont end up stuck with the knob for another season, because I dont think it is inconceivable.

Guest fading star

cockney mafia out?   :facepalm:

Something far more robust is required, two blokes with a banner isn’t going to encourage Ashley to get on with it. If he’s still in charge when we play Leeds an on-pitch sit in would be a good start.

It’s all very well knocking the OP, but at least they’re not content to sit around letting Ashley take the piss. NUFC is or club, and the time to reclaim it is long overdue. Causing Ashley as much grief as possible without breaking the law was the way forward nine months ago, and it remains the way forward now.

Guest fading star

i'm sick of the fans saying everyone wants shearer, he didn't really excel himself and is totally unproven

Who else is going to take the job?

Something far more robust is required, two blokes with a banner isnt going to encourage Ashley to get on with it. If hes still in charge when we play Leeds an on-pitch sit in would be a good start.

Its all very well knocking the OP, but at least theyre not content to sit around letting Ashley take the piss. NUFC is or club, and the time to reclaim it is long overdue. Causing Ashley as much grief as possible without breaking the law was the way forward nine months ago, and it remains the way forward now.

An on-pitch sit in would be breaking the law, wouldn't it?

Who else is going to take the job?

That's the key for me. I'd fully agree with not being pissed off if we got someone better but at this stage I'm not convinced at all that we can attract anyone better. I'd have been happy with Martinez or Bruce but ultimately they both had bigger fish to fry.

There's also the fact that whoever comes in has to get to grips with our squad, its strengths(!) and weaknesses and decide what they want to do with it. Considering we're already miles behind our competitors, if that person isn't Shearer they'll be under even more pressure because of basic time constraints.

Something far more robust is required, two blokes with a banner isn’t going to encourage Ashley to get on with it. If he’s still in charge when we play Leeds an on-pitch sit in would be a good start.

It’s all very well knocking the OP, but at least they’re not content to sit around letting Ashley take the piss. NUFC is or club, and the time to reclaim it is long overdue. Causing Ashley as much grief as possible without breaking the law was the way forward nine months ago, and it remains the way forward now.

You don't even know what's going on behind the scenes, how is causing him grief going to help?  As it stands, despite the crap written in the papers, he might actually want a quick sale as well.  Everyone acting like tits isn't going to help that.

Guest fading star

Not sure, but you’d only be arrested if you refused to move when asked by policeman… this is the UK not China.

Not sure, but you’d only be arrested if you refused to move when asked by policeman… this is the UK not China.

Unfortunately trashing Sportsdirect stores and smearing s*** on Lambias car is definitely illegal. Shame that.

you'd be arrested and possibly facing a ground exclusion order for encroaching onto the pitch regardless of wether a policeman asks you to move or not.

picket the leeds game. it's only a friendly. the players don't need any support for it.

Guest fading star

You don't even know what's going on behind the scenes, how is causing him grief going to help?  As it stands, despite the crap written in the papers, he might actually want a quick sale as well.  Everyone acting like tits isn't going to help that.

Howay the situation is obvious. Ashley is pissing everybody about in the hope of squeezing a higher price than the current bids. It’s that or Keith and Derrick have been feeding us shit for the last two months.

The way things are going it’ll be relegation again this season, if the club survives that long. We have to do something.