Taylor for Terry??????

Guest ObaStar

Guest ObaStar

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/113359/Toon-s-10m-Taylor-set-to-replace-Terry

TARGET: Chelsea chase Taylor as JT's replacement

Sunday July 12,2009

By John Richardson

CHELSEA are ready to move in for Newcastle United’s England Under-21 defender Steven Taylor as they prepare to sell skipper John Terry to Manchester City.

Taylor – like Terry, a no-nonsense defender – was devastated by Newcastle’s relegation.

Spurs also want 23-year-old Taylor, who although born in London rose through the Toon youth ranks to become an adopted Geordie.

But it’s Chelsea who are poised with a £10million bid as they anticipate an increased £35m City offer for Terry – one they will find hard to turn down.

Chelsea have so far rejected two bids from ambitious City, who are armed with Sheikh Mansour’s millions.

But influential people at Stamford Bridge firmly believe £35m is too good to turn down.

Terry, 28, is already one of the club’s biggest earners on around £130,000 a week and Chelsea will not try to match City’s offer of a £200,000 weekly pay packet.

City are confident of signing Carlos Tevez from Manchester United for £25m and they will also step up their £18m chase for Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

SUNDAY SUNDAY gota love SUNDAYSSS!!

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

£25 mill and he's theirs.

As far as ITK's go I know a Taylor one :lol:

Bloke I sit next to at match works with Alf Taylor, gonna send him an email tomorrow, if he can type for laughing like.

Guest koenji

thought the title implied us getting Terry in exchange :lol:

I doubt Ancelotti will have even heard of Steven Taylor anyway

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Milner not good enough for Newcastle but plays for Villa, Owen not good enough for Newcastle but plays for Man Utd, Taylor not good enough (last year) for Newcastle but good enough for Chelsea? Wake up for gods sake.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Taylor shares the following characteristics with Terry:

- Heart on sleeve

- English

- Brave

As a footballer however, no comparison yet, however i could see him doing well at Chelsea, funnily enough, playing alongside someone like Terry. He has never has a commanding CH to pair him!

I hope his head is not turned by such rumours.  I think and hope he will stick it out as long as possible before deciding to leave.  He would only be a squad player at Chelsea or Spurs and he needs to play regularly at this stage if his career.

Supposing it is true, we have already lost Edgar, Cacapa and Coloccinni will go as will Bassong.  I have heard that Beye is likely to leave unless something happens within the next week or so at Newcastle.  Although some of those mentioned are no loss, at this rate, we will only have the reserve defenders left - none of whom have played a first team game before.  Some of them seem promising but you need some experience there.

Ashley will not be interested in team building for next season so would he encourage a move if he can get a good price for some of our better players.  Mind you, players and agents are saying there is no-one to speak to at SJP so perhaps nothing can happen until the club is bought.

Taylor shares the following characteristics with Terry:

- Heart on sleeve

- <b>English</b>

- Brave

As a footballer however, no comparison yet, however i could see him doing well at Chelsea, funnily enough, playing alongside someone like Terry. He has never has a commanding CH to pair him!

That's the one. I honestly think this could happen. He wouldn't be a direct replacement for Terry, since they still have Alex iirc.

Why the fuck would Carlo Ancelloti be interested in Steven Taylor?

Because according to some on here he's now absolutely fantastic and has made up for the years of poor defending due to playing well for 5 games at the back end of last season.