Back The Squad In A Revolt ?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If what Bassong is saying in the press is true we are in for one hell orf a week when all the players return to training, not sure what he means by revolt or what they are really after.

Are they all going to walk out, are they just not going to turn up or are they all going to hand in transfer requests.

Can we help? do we back them, you can bet SSN will setup camp at the training ground and at SJP, do we all go to show our support of the squad or do we condem their actions?

Do they want Ashley to give Shearer the job now before the sale is done ?

Do they want Ashley just to stop messing on and do the deal to sell the club ?

Guest toonlass

Our players are revolting. We knew that last season when they led us to relegation!

I'll get my coat

:coat:

Guest The Libertine

no. fuck them. they didnt give a shit last season so why should we give a shit about them now?

Can't see why Ashley can't just appoint Shearer on a temporary one-year contract to give the club a bit of stability without lumbering the new owners with a manager they might not want. :hmm:

Can't see why Ashley can't just appoint Shearer on a temporary one-year contract to give the club a bit of stability without lumbering the new owners with a manager they might not want. :hmm:

Perhaps Shearer won't accept that.

Guest toonlass

When you say revolt what has Bassong said they are going to do? Make a stand and actually start winning games? Stay uninjured? Not fly into needless and reckless tackles and keep themselves on the field of play rather than going for early baths?

Perhaps Shearer won't accept that.

Maybe not? He accepted an 8 game contract a few months back though.  :lol:

As much as I do not agree with the players taking action I would back them IF it meant the sale was hurried up, if it was a rocket under Ashley them I am all for it, I just do not think it will hurry him up any.

They want leadership nothing wrong with that its more about how they make thir feelings known, one voice that represents the "entire " squad getting on SSN live and saying how they feel may not be to bad. Stop all this cryng on in the press by other squad members just one player making one statement then gettign on with their jobs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

As much as I do not agree with the players taking action I would back them IF it meant the sale was hurried up, if it was a rocket under Ashley them I am all for it, I just do not think it will hurry him up any.

They want leadership nothing wrong with that its more about how they make thir feelings known, one voice that represents the "entire " squad getting on SSN live and saying how they feel may not be to bad. Stop all this cryng on in the press by other squad members just one player making one statement then gettign on with their jobs.

Agreed.

Realistically, the players will train and do pre-season as normal. they want to be fit for their next club if they are going to have to leave because of the current lot. It will at most be refusal to do anything away from the training ground/pitch while they get their agent touting them about.

Depends what revolt means.

I wouldn't blame anyone for transfer requests, but any form of strike-esque unprofessional ridiculousness would be the work of twatfaces.

So I've put NO, I wouldn't back a 'revolt'.

If you wanna go, put in a request and then get back to doing your job until something comes of it.

So if one player came onto SSN live to make a statement on behalf the squad, saying how they feel very worried about their futures and the futre of the club and how much they want Shearer as their manager and the club sold as soon as possible.

Could , should we be angry over that?

So if one player came onto SSN live to make a statement on behalf the squad, saying how they feel very worried about their futures and the futre of the club and how much they want Shearer as their manager and the club sold as soon as possible.

Could , should we be angry over that?

I don't think so. They wouldn't be saying anything that we haven't said.

You know what, I don't even want them to do that. If they do that, and we get what we apparently want (Shearer, new owners) they may feel as if making demands through the press is something that they can keep doing. I don't trust anyone on this team to not take advantage of that.