John Hartson diagnosed with brain cancer

Dinho lad

Did Lance Armstrongs cancer spread to his brain?

If so he is one hell of a role model and an inspiration to help John and his family through this difficult time

Best of luck John

My fingers are crossed for you

At least he'll have the money to get the best treatment available asap, silver lining and everything.

With a diagnosis like that anyone would get immediate treatment no matter who they were. He'll probably get it at a private hospital but the actual treatment won't be different.

Most neuro surgery  is not carried out awake....john Hartson will not be awake...this is only done in situations where patient contact is needed..ie for treatment of Parkinsons.....probe is placed in area to destroy small part of tissue...the tip can freeze the area...patient stops shaking....tip is cooled further to kill affected area.

secondaries from testicle can travel via  blood  / lymph system /or from other secondaries eg bone.

doesnt look good. ian

They won't be doing brain surgery. They normally just do the if the primary tumour is in the brain and accessible. Article says he's starting chemo asap.

We dont know this...chemo can shrink/slow growth of tumour...if this happens then depending on the position of lesion...and if he's in great pain removal / debulking can help .

They won't be doing brain surgery. They normally just do the if the primary tumour is in the brain and accessible. Article says he's starting chemo asap.

We dont know this...chemo can shrink/slow growth of tumour...if this happens then depending on the position of lesion...and if he's in great pain removal / debulking can help .

True, I just meant they don't tend to do brain surgery as a first course of treatment when it's mets.

Guest timmy boy

Terrible news for him and is family, shows you just don't know whats round the corner in life. I hope he makes a recovery all though it's not looking good.

Guest toonlass

Frighteningly similar to my relatives experience with testicular cancer. Have to say that even though I hated John Hartson when he was at Celtic I shed some tears when I heard this news this morning. Best of luck John.

Guest Stephen927

Sadly, I fear the cancer has as good as taken his life. Desperately sad, if so - but obviously we can all hope for some sort of miracle...

:(

I think so too, it's a right bastard once it spreads, it's now become very tricky for the surgeons to get rid of and for him to make a full recovery. Hope he manages it though, and I've no doubt he'll fight it with all his strength.

All the best to him, my mate met him a couple of times and he said he was a really nice guy, went out of his way to be. Just shows how quickly this stuff can happen. Remember seeing him on the TV a few months ago and he looked sound, now he's got cancer all throughout his body.