Nolan's Turn to Speak Out!

Skirge

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/13/nolan-we-re-running-out-of-patience-on-takeover-72703-24140232/

Nolan: We're running out of patience on takeover

Jul 13 2009  by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN NOLAN has revealed that patience is running out within the Toon camp as the For Sale saga at St James’s Park slowly grinds on.

Wantaway United ace Sebastien Bassong opened his heart in the Chronicle on Saturday and warned that more players will follow him as he looks to escape the madness on Tyneside.

And while Nolan is prepared to wait before making a decision on his own future, Steven Taylor and Habib Beye, plus a clutch of other senior stars, are understood to be unsettled at United.

Newcastle’s players have acted like ultimate professionals this week during a boot camp in Dublin. However, it was clear that there was uncertainty within the camp regarding the future of the relegated Magpies.

Nolan told the Chronicle: “We want somebody to make a decision – it’s unfair on the players and the staff.

“To be fair, the players have been fantastic and have done what needed to be done.

“We will continue to keep our heads down.

“But in the next week we certainly want to know what is going to happen.

“We would prefer to know whether Mike Ashley is going to keep it next season or whether somebody is coming in.

“Then we can start getting ready for the Championship.”

Nolan paid tribute to the work of Chris Hughton – who has re-iterated he isn’t interested in the job full-time – and coach Colin Calderwood.

He says: “It’s a tougher situation for everybody else, including the fans.

“Chris and Colin have come in and done a fantastic job. It is a weird situation for them.

“It is a week to week thing, but we hope it will all be sorted, whether it’s somebody coming in and taking over or Mike Ashley offers them the job there needs to be a decision for the sake of the playing staff.”

And with season ticket holders putting up a defiant stand when it comes to renewing, Nolan is wary that a lack of a conclusion may cause more damage.

He said: “One thing that I have noticed since I came to Newcastle is that everything is public knowledge.

“I find it very weird. The fans need to know what the conclusion of this is.

“For them to be hearing the ins and outs of the sale of the club is driving them crazy, they will go potty.

“We’ve got fantastic fans so I hope they will stay as patient as they can with it.”

And reflecting on a tough week of training in the Irish capital, which was capped off by a 3-0 win over Shamrock, Nolan said: “We were delighted it was just a case of getting the ball out again and getting a game without suffering any injuries.

“Unfortunately we had Kazenga LuaLua coming off late on with a hamstring.

“The rain in the second half helped us a lot and allowed us to zip the ball around and the boys did really well in the second half.

“It was a tough week with 7am starts and finishing late on with three sessions a day.

“The lads have responded well and stuck together.

“That’s what we want to do.

“We have to stick together and stay as a unit.

“Hopefully we will be ready for the start of the season.”

Shut up Fatty......players being fantastic? You mean you and your overpaid bumchums are waiting to see who takes over in the event of being bankrolled back into the Premiership without having to leave your juicy contracts.

What has he said wrong?

he is on about pre season not last season, they all turned up they have all trained, unlike some of the Boro squad. All they are doing is trying to get things sorted so they know where they stand, we all want what they want and if this moves things along I am all for it.

I just don't see how Kevin Nolan's got any right to complain in public about anything given we spunked £4m on him and he's made absolutely NO positive contribution to the club to date.

I think he's got a far more personal agenda, same with Bassong, than the likes of Harper.

I've got a bit more respect for Harper cos he's put the time in and comes across as a genuine guy.

Nolan, the fat arsed cock end, needs to earn respect before he mouth's off his opinion's in the press.

If I was him I'd be thoroughly ashamed of my performances last season and I'd be wanting to keep a low profile not talking up my mates 'fantastic' efforts after a weeks running in Ireland.

Harper

Bassong

Nolan

Taylor

Have all spoken out so far, you think that will be all? it seems as though they have got together and decided to speak out, I bet we get 2 or 3 a day for the rest of this week.

Harper

Bassong

Nolan

Taylor

Have all spoken out so far, you think that will be all? it seems as though they have got together and decided to speak out, I bet we get 2 or 3 a day for the rest of this week.

I'm sure you're right Skirge but my point is they should be careful not to alienate themselves from the fans whilst trying to push things along. The Nolan's and Ryan Taylor's of the world are in danger of doing so iyam.

FWIW I don't think Ashley or Derk the Berk will give a monkeys a-hole about the views of the players and don't think they'll have any postive influence over timescales at all.

Harper

Bassong

Nolan

Taylor

I'm sure you're right Skirge but my point is they should be careful not to alienate themselves from the fans whilst trying to push things along. The Nolan's and Ryan Taylor's of the world are in danger of doing so iyam.

FWIW I don't think Ashley or Derk the Berk will give a monkeys a-hole about the views of the players and don't think they'll have any postive influence over timescales at all.

I think they are more trying to move the bidders on than get Ashley dto do anything, I agreee that the fans will react better to players like Beye, Harper, Taylor and the like but it still should not mean we get on their backs for trying to help the club out.

Harper

Bassong

Nolan

Taylor

I think they are more trying to move the bidders on than get Ashley dto do anything, I agreee that the fans will react better to players like Beye, Harper, Taylor and the like but it still should not mean we get on their backs for trying to help the club out.

Do you think they're trying to help the club out or themselves? I can guess which Bassong and Nolan would put first.

Also, can you see some billionaire Malaysian businessman sitting there in his penthouse office block saying 'Come on lads, get a rush on, Kevin Nolan's making noises now'?

'No, not the balding ginger tosser, the fat fella'

'Yeah - that's the one - legs of geremi - arse of molby.'

Harper

Bassong

Nolan

Taylor

Do you think they're trying to help the club out or themselves? I can guess which Bassong and Nolan would put first.

Also, can you see some billionaire Malaysian businessman sitting there in his penthouse office block saying 'Come on lads, get a rush on, Kevin Nolan's making noises now?'.

:lol: so do you think Harper speaking out will have an effect on them?

Just becuase hs is not liked as much as Hsarper he is wrong for doing what Harper has done, crazy shit.

Harper

Bassong

Nolan

Taylor

Also, can you see some billionaire Malaysian businessman sitting there in his penthouse office block saying 'Come on lads, get a rush on, Kevin Nolan's making noises now?'.

:lol: so do you think Harper speaking out will have an effect on them?

Just becuase hs is not liked as much as Hsarper he is wrong for doing what Harper has done, crazy shit.

No not at all but I think he's got a far lower chance of adverse public reaction than chubbs has.

He's got a lot of work to do before he can tell fans how his pals have reacted in a fantastic manner, in my humble opinion.

Despite agreeing that Nolan has done fuck all for us I think that certain players are taking it upon themselves to lead the rest through this mess and I give them credit for that. We lack leadership at the moment and some of our players are becoming shepherds not sheep. This can only be for the better providing they continue to show this level of desire.

Shearer may not be a master tactician but I think he's certaintly made players think twice about what they do at this club.

Despite agreeing that Nolan has done f*** all for us I think that certain players are taking it upon themselves to lead the rest through this mess and I give them credit for that. We lack leadership at the moment and some of our players are becoming shepherds not sheep. This can only be for the better providing they continue to show this level of desire.

Shearer may not be a master tactician but I think he's certaintly made players think twice about what they do at this club.

Spot on and I will put money on us getting more from other players too, thing is this will go from act now please, to right we are off.

Despite agreeing that Nolan has done f*** all for us I think that certain players are taking it upon themselves to lead the rest through this mess and I give them credit for that. We lack leadership at the moment and some of our players are becoming shepherds not sheep. This can only be for the better providing they continue to show this level of desire.

Spot on and I will put money on us getting more from other players too, thing is this will go from act now please, to right we are off.

Who's going to negotiate their deals?

If you believe the chat about nobody being left at St James' they'll be lumbered on their current contracts until we've a buyer and/or manager.

Poor souls.

Hence my point about some of them having a far more personal agenda than being seen as 'Shepherds'.

If you believe the chat about nobody being left at St James' they'll be lumbered on their current contracts until we've a buyer and/or manager.

Poor souls.

Hence my point about some of them having a far more personal agenda than being seen as 'Shepherds'.

If the club is sold after the transfer window closes then we are fkd, stuck with that squad on those wages, I guess some of them will be all to happy to stay and be payed very well but some will have honour and want whats best for the club, whilst others will be so sick and just want away. Its a mess for everyone, some only have 1 year left and are not being offered new deals, no one is telling them anything.

If there is no real forward moveemnt by this weekend then we are done for I reckon, cant see how we can go on in this mess.

Poor souls.

Personal agenda or not these people are leading those who are too shy or too fragile. If they get fucked off I don't think the fans could care less as long as we see some form of moving forward as a unit.

This was never about individuals, and it never will be. It's about Newcastle becoming United again. However, that can't happen until the sale of the club is complete - the only thing we as fans and the players have to cling onto is one another.

So whether it's fat arse Nolan, Ginger git Butt or Sebastian Superstar Bassong is irrellevant, the fact the players are uniting is what's important.

Poor souls.

Personal agenda or not these people are leading those who are too shy or too fragile. If they get fucked off I don't think the fans could care less as long as we see some form of moving forward as a unit.

This was never about individuals, and it never will be. It's about Newcastle becoming United again. However, that can't happen until the sale of the club is complete - the only thing we as fans and the players have to cling onto is one another.

So whether it's fat arse Nolan, Ginger git Butt or Sebastian Superstar Bassong is irrellevant, the fact the players are uniting is what's important.

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on this one because the three emboldened bits above are alien to me as I don't give a shit whether we move forward with the players on board/happy or not (all bar one or two can fuck off for me) and I don't think we, as a fan base, have ever been further removed from the players (I can't think of a time when I've had less respect for a squad of players) and I don't think the players having a moan (probably because their Agents can't get an answer from Derk's P.A) at the same time is them being 'united'.

And even if it was, it's so temporary it's untrue. Until the club is sold this bitching in the press will have no impact and it's not until the club is sold and we get an idea of the new Owners aspirations and managerial appointment will we find out how united the players actually are.

I'll reserve my judgement on this supposed show of unity until the sale is complete, but I don't expect that to be influenced by the likes of Kevin Nolan.

Shut up Fatty......players being fantastic? You mean you and your overpaid bumchums are waiting to see who takes over in the event of being bankrolled back into the Premiership without having to leave your juicy contracts.

Well out of order that mate.

He's only trying to do right by the club but yeah lets slag him off anyway. No wonder this club is in a mess.

Well out of order that mate.

He's only trying to do right by the club but yeah lets slag him off anyway. No wonder this club is in a mess.

The only way he could do right by the club in my eyes is to bog off back to Bolton for the £4.5m we spunked on the useless get.

He was a disgrace last season and I don't think he's earned the right to be preaching about how fantastic he and his mates have been just because they've spent a few days jogging in Ireland.

It's a well known fact that if you've performed like utter shite you should stay away from the media.

He might have a point but trying to drum up sympathy for the players at the moment is an impossible task, they don't deserve any.

Guest The Libertine

It's a well known fact that if you've performed like utter shite you should stay away from the media.

He might have a point but trying to drum up sympathy for the players at the moment is an impossible task, they don't deserve any.

:thup:

this "poor us" campaign is pathetic and cant be helping. if potential new owners see the players moaning and threatening to going on strike it'll hardly sweeten the deal.

the best thing they can do is shut the fuck up and prove they care by doing the business on the pitch.