Utrecht game cancelled, playing Leyton Orient (a) £45rtn Train

Crumpy Gunt

Newcastle United would like to apologise to its supporters for this situation, particularly those that may have already made travel arrangements, however it is clearly a matter that is completely out of its own control.

:laugh:

Fucking clueless.

Newcastle United would like to apologise to its supporters for this situation, particularly those that may have already made travel arrangements, however it is clearly a matter that is completely out of its own control.

what is? the club?

Fucking clueless.

Guest toonlass

Bless them celebrating being in a meaningless competition. Suppose its the only way the mackems will ever see Sunderland playing in Europe.

Dutch person; "Ah so you're from Sunderland, where's that?"

SMB; "Ah it's in England, in the North"

Dutch person; "You mean Newcastle?"

SMB; "No, Sunderland"

Dutch person; "Newcastle?"  :undecided:

SMB;  :-[

:smug:

Fucking clueless.

what is? the club?

Yeah. The Sundlerland game had already been organised, and people on here picked up almost immediately that there was an unenviable clash. Just over an hour in fact: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62250.msg1861351.html#msg1861351

I guess it's beyond our lot to look at a calendar and/or use the popular search engine Google.

I'd chuck a claim for damages in against the FA. NUFC have confirmed the FA gave them permission to play the game and so advertised it accordingly. Supporters must have a good chance of getting something surely now the same FA who granted permission have now at this late date withdrawn that permission.

I'd chance my arm.

Fucking clueless.

Yep.

Llambias should have never allowed this game to be arranged in the first place. We Newcastle fans instantly spotted the problems with this fixture, Llambias did not.

Fucking clueless.

Yep.

Llambias should have never allowed this game to be arranged in the first place. We Newcastle fans instantly spotted the problems with this fixture, Llambias did not.

Neither did the FA to be fair.

I'd chuck a claim for damages in against the FA. NUFC have confirmed the FA gave them permission to play the game and so advertised it accordingly. Supporters must have a good chance of getting something surely now the same FA who granted permission have now at this late date withdrawn that permission.

I'd chance my arm.

The FA have to process the details of hundreds of friendlies, you can't really blame them for it slipping through the net.

Newcastle United and the board are in a much better position to judge the suitability of a pre-season game, but clearly they didn't bother to make those checks.

This very much typifies the board. Always blaming their own failings on innocent parties.

I'd chance my arm.

The FA have to process the details of hundreds of friendlies, you can't really blame them for it slipping through the net.

Newcastle United and the board are in a much better position to judge the suitability of a pre-season game, but clearly they didn't bother to make those checks.

This very much typifies the board. Always blaming their own failings on innocent parties.

The FA are the guilty party. They allowed the Club permission and so on the back of their permission fuck knows how many folk have sorted transport. Now when they see the error of THIER way they backtrack and cancel it. Local press ran the story about 2 weeks ago when it became apparent what the likely outcome would be. I don't believe for one second that the FA didn't know all the facts.

So maybe a hundred Toon fans going to holland is going to cause problems?

Good luck with the trains to Edinburgh on the 2nd when we go to Dundee Utd and the mackems are coming back having played Celtic at the Tattiedome the previous day.

Is this not to do with the scum being over there at the same time?

That's one of the reasons, but the Mayor of Amsterdam said he'd prefer Sunderland to be booted out of the tournament.

am i right in thinking that the sunderland / feyenoord hooligans are mates? i'm sure i remember someone telling me that in amsterdam.

maybe that's why the mayor wanted them out of the tournament incase there was any bother with feyenoord/safc hooligans teaming up and causing bother with the ajax ones?

I'd chance my arm.

:lol: