Jose Enrique the latest to come out in public..

ianovthetoon

Guest koenji

I would be resigned to losing money if I went back to Spain.”

says everything about him, he only came here for the money and only wants to stay to honour his contract, feeble spanish t***

says everything about him? oh ffs man :idiot2: .....like the majority of players these days are playing for the pride and the shirt?  funny how since that comment people are saying he was the worst performer last season  :rolleyes:

Most players these days are playing for the money....Enrique is no different

He may have had a poor start in his first season in a new league but he came good never gave up and the show of anger and frustration when he got injured at the end of the season showed he cared, he was not just wanting to be here get paid and do nothing.

I think Enrique's just about the least 'mercanary'-stylee footballer we've got in our squad. I personally think he's someone who sees the footy over the money... and his comment about sacrificing a very cushy wage-slip over here - for a return to sanity in his homeland - just proves that. Be pretty gutted when he goes tbh. Good player with a good attitude, and performed well last season.

Wonder who it'll be tomorrow...

Guest neesy111

I think Enrique's just about the least 'mercanary'-stylee footballer we've got in our squad. I personally think he's someone who sees the footy over the money... and his comment about sacrificing a very cushy wage-slip over here - for a return to sanity in his homeland - just proves that. Be pretty gutted when he goes tbh. Good player with a good attitude, and performed well last season.

so why does he say's he doesn't want to stay but just honour his contract then

Guest firetotheworks

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I am loving all this, it shows the squad are together somehting they have not seemed to be for a long time, these lads are showing they care, if they did'nt care they would just sit silent and wait to be sold.

Jose Enrique: Toon must sort this mess out now

Jul 14 2009  by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

JOSE ENRIQUE has revealed his dismay as disharmony sets in at St James’s Park just 25 days before their Championship opener with West Brom.

The Chronicle first reported unrest among players at United on June 22, with both Habib Beye and Steven Taylor annoyed that Alan Shearer hadn’t been appointed as manager due to the drawn out sale of the Magpies.

And on July 7 we reported the current regime were set for a players’ revolt, with Sebastien Bassong unleashing an explosive outburst on Saturday night about the current state of the club.

Since United’s pre-season friendly with Shamrock Rovers on Saturday, Steve Harper and Kevin Nolan have both publicly expressed their concerns about the situation at Newcastle.

And Beye today joined Sebastien Bassong by stating his intention to quit Tyneside and leave United’s loyal fans behind by stating that he had to leave for the sake of his career.

However, while Enrique is disillusioned by the negativity surrounding the club’s future, he hinted he would be willing to stay if there was movement regarding the sale of United and the appointment of a new manager.

The £6m man from Villarreal told the Chronicle: “My opinion is that everything seems difficult at this club.

“We haven’t signed any players this season so far and we don’t have a manager.

“Chris Hughton is a very good person, but he is not a manager.

“We need a manager. The things going on inside are not good.

“That can’t be good for the supporters either.”

And the snail-pace progress of the sale has also upset Enrique, who added: “It is the same as at the end of last season.

“Nothing has changed. The owner wants to sell the club.

“It would be good to see somebody come in and give us something fresh.

“If we start signing players soon we can go up first time, but we can’t wait much longer.”

But with a marathon 46-game season upcoming, Enrique believes United players that have a guilty conscience over last season’s relegation may want to put their wrongs right come August when a new campaign starts.

However, with Enrique linked with several clubs in La Liga this summer, including Atletico Madrid, he added: “I have a contract here.

“But it is difficult to play in the Championship – nobody likes to play there.

“It’s my fault that we are in this division and all the players should feel like that.

“If an offer came in I would have to study it. Being disillusioned makes me want to return to Spain. I have a good contract in England, but I would be resigned to losing money if I went back to Spain.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/14/jose-enrique-toon-must-sort-this-mess-out-now-72703-24148778/

that's bollocks about the squad being united, enrique is only staying because he's a stupid amount of wages, if he's unhappy then f***ing put a transfer request in spanish t***

same to all of the players, f*** off, u's got us relegated we don't give a s*** if u's stay or not

Irrational nonsence. And who do you think you're speaking for when you saym 'we'? Enrique for me was far from the worst performer last season. He showed no lack of effort in the slightest and always seemed to try his hardest. If I was a player in his position I would be pissed off with the way the club has been run and the fault for relegation goes far beyond the players.

there's quite a fair few fan's who think he was by far our worst player, and he was to blame for a number of goals early on the season

Haha, eeeh. Some people.

Typically cynical way of looking at things imo, Neesy (though i can't say i blame you really...). He doesn't say "i want to leave"; he says if he got an offer from Spain he'd have to give it some thought. On the other hand, he talks about how he wants to get the club out of the Championship and (maybe reluctantly) feels sorta compelled to honour his contract. There's worse professionalism than that if you ask me.

Guest neesy111

Typically cynical way of looking at things imo, Neesy (though i can't say i blame you really...). He doesn't say "i want to leave"; he says if he got an offer from Spain he'd have to give it some thought. On the other hand, he talks about how he wants to get the club out of the Championship and (maybe reluctantly) feels sorta compelled to honour his contract. There's worse professionalism than that if you ask me.

look at earlier in the thread where there's a comment of enrique saying if he want back to spain he would be earning far less, why talk about that then

so why does he say's he doesn't want to stay but just honour his contract then

WHAT!

Guest icemanblue

look at earlier in the thread where there's a comment of enrique saying if he want back to spain he would be earning far less, why talk about that then

:lol:

Is the statement not true, like? Feel free to keep digging though, it shouldn't take you long to find something to be angry about.

I've read his quotes, mate. Make your own interpretations but personally, i really don't know how that equates to him only staying for the money. He wants the club to do well, i think that's pretty obvious. He's a true footballer - he's saying he'd take a wage cut to play for a proper football club where football comes first.

Mind, I can't blame him for being a bit upset. As well as all the shite going on at the club, his lass has been playing the field behind his back:

http://members.shaw.ca/lolaland/tyrone1.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

Mind, I can't blame him for being a bit upset. As well as all the s**** going on at the club, his lass has been playing the field behind his back:

http://members.shaw.ca/lolaland/tyrone1.jpg

:lol:

Guest neesy111

I've read his quotes, mate. Make your own interpretations but personally, i really don't know how that equates to him only staying for the money. He wants the club to do well, i think that's pretty obvious. He's a true footballer - he's saying he'd take a wage cut to play for a proper football club where football comes first.

i just want rid of the lot that caused the relegation and he was in that group, (I said there was quite a number of fans who hate him as I've had arguments with fans in the stadium about this, I'm not one of them, but I don't think he's as good and committed as some ppl on here thinks).

Guest firetotheworks

i just want rid of the lot that caused the relegation and he was in that group, (I said there was quite a number of fans who hate him as I've had arguments with fans in the stadium about this, I'm not one of them, but I don't think he's as good and committed as some ppl on here thinks).

Who wasn't in that group? I can only think of Beye as being the one player that never really put a foot wrong.

Do you not think a total lack of leadership was more to blame? I think the lack of quality in our midfield was more of a problem tbh. Players don't sign other players, the club does. Just blaming the players is ridiculous as there were a number of factors which lead to our relegation.

Guest neesy111

Do you not think a total lack of leadership was more to blame? I think the lack of quality in our midfield was more of a problem tbh. Players don't sign other players, the club does. Just blaming the players is ridiculous as there were a number of factors which lead to our relegation.

ppl, just blaming the lack leadership at the club for our relegation is very naive imo it was one problem, but players blaming what happens off the pitch for their own performances is laughable imo, once those players are on the pitch they are responsible for what happens and the manager minus half time and subs cannot really do much more

ppl, just blaming the lack leadership at the club for our relegation is very naive imo it was one problem, but players blaming what happens off the pitch for their own performances is laughable imo, once those players are on the pitch they are responsible for what happens and the manager minus half time and subs cannot really do much more

There are a number of reasons but you only seem to blame the players. Ive not heard anyone blaming off the pitch happenings for their own personal performances. As a collective, the performances were shit, but then again, some players were better than others, and some positions were stronger than others. We would have stayed up had we bought well in January and bought a creative midfielder. That isnt any individual players fault. You can blame a player for their own performance and their lack of effort, but not for having a totally disjointed team.

Guest icemanblue

Can't believe people went for the money bit and left out this:

"Its my fault that we are in this division and all the players should feel like that."

Best thing one of our players said for ages.

Are you sure? That quote doesn't fit any kind of negative agenda, does it? It's completely useless around these parts.