Jose Enrique the latest to come out in public..

ianovthetoon

Who cares if he's staying for the $$ - so long as he has some fire to fight and take the club back to the Premier League. If we can get an owner who can afford the wages, I'm happy that the likes of Enrique, Beye and Martins are staying.  If they play and fire the club up to the Premier League, who cares they stayed because they got paid more than in Spain? It's not like we're going to get these sorts of signing with our Championship status now.

Enrique is one of the only players I'd really like to stay. I thought he came on in leaps and bounds last year.

And it's good that he sounds like he could be convinced to stay.

That said I really don't know what the players hope to achieve by this public whinging. As I said about Nolan yesterday all it will serve to do is further worry fans (who deserve it less than anyone) and make them look self-serving.

It's nice to hear one of the fuckers take responsibility for the relegation though. Shame our tosspiece of a Captain didn't feel it appropriate whilst he was still in our employment.

I reckon we could still keep Beye and Enrique, but only is Shearer is installed very shortly. Sadly it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

Agreed. The pair would be take a huge amount of replacing.

Shearer on a rolling contract would at least be able to keep a lid on all of this shite but I doubt he'd sign anything with Ashley and co unwilling to give any guarantee on any potential transfer pot etc etc

Can't believe people went for the money bit and left out this:

"It’s my fault that we are in this division and all the players should feel like that."

Best thing one of our players said for ages.

You are totally right.  But then again, you can't use that quote for some hate-agenda with him, so why bother?

Figure Colo won't say a thing because he absolutely wants to leave, new owners and Shearer be damned.

I think it will be Butt. We can rely on the captain to step forward in times like these.

What we really need are top class Premiership players who are dying to come and play in the Championship for free and available for nothing. Does anyone know where we can find some?

What we really need are top class Premiership players who are dying to come and play in the Championship for free and available for nothing. Does anyone know where we can find some?

Back when I played Pro Evo, this is where I would just load up on Japanese players.

We should sign Shinji Ono, Takahara, and Inamoto.

I bet Dennis Wise could find some.

Guest neesy111

I bet Dennis Wise could find some.

:dowie:

I'll guess Coloccini. Seems inevitable that he'll have something to say.

Wasn't him directly, but I'm sure I read about a month ago that his agent in the Chronicle said that when the season ended the club would allow him to leave, they've had offers, but he's in limbo as no-one at the club is communicating the bids to them.

I'll guess Coloccini. Seems inevitable that he'll have something to say.

Wasn't him directly, but I'm sure I read about a month ago that his agent in the Chronicle said that when the season ended the club would allow him to leave, they've had offers, but he's in limbo as no-one at the club is communicating the bids to them.

Sure the agent said he'd been speaking to various clubs but there was nobody at NUFC to speak to regarding any of the proposals.

The players can shut the fuck up as far as I'm concerned. We've been relegated and their careers are in limbo because they didn't play well enough. My heart does not bleed for them one drop.

Guest Stephen927

"...as long as I'm able to go back to Spain."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/33761/default.aspx

Newcastle United's Spanish defender Jose Enrique says he is willing to take a pay cut in order to secure a move back to his homeland.

The former Spanish U21 international has made 49 league appearances for the North-East giants since arriving from Villarreal in 2007.

But after revealing in May that he would be willing to remain at the club and fulfil his three-year contract, the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the future of the St. James' Park outfit appears to have turned his head, with Atletico Madrid now believed to be keen on recruiting the full-back.

"If there's any interest from a Spanish club I'll take the offer seriously," Enrique told Sky Sports.

"I have a very good contract at Newcastle but in football terms I'm not feeling good.

"I'll give up money from my contract as long I'm able to go back to Spain. I want to be successful in my career and money's not my main target.

"Things are not right and the situation isn't good. I'm annoyed because it's the fans who are suffering."

The 23-year-old joins fellow Newcastle defender Habib Beye in revealing that he wants to leave the club, following the Senegalese international's comments on Tuesday.

Guest Stephen927

So the players revolt was true, wonder who leaked that to the press?

Still think Enrique will turn out to be a brilliant full back.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Brilliant may be pushing it but he's definately a good player, could see he was one of the few players, mayeb the only one who would pass and move with regularity. Our off the ball movement in both attack and defense were disturbingly bad last season, the main reason why I feared relegation from an early stage.

Figure Colo won't say a thing because he absolutely wants to leave, new owners and Shearer be damned.

I think it will be Butt. We can rely on the captain to step forward in times like these.

Do I even win anything?

Enrique: We'll give it everything despite turmoil

Jul 17 2009  by Lee

JOSE ENRIQUE has insisted that the Newcastle United players would not dream of letting the fans down despite their anger over the club’s plight.

The disgruntled United players go into tomorrow’s game with League Two side Darlington after another week of no progress on either the sale or managerial front.

Yet that will not stop scores of fans making the journey down the A1 to take in the friendly fixture against Colin Todd’s side.

Enrique was one of SIX players who publicly vented their anger this week at the current state of the club, with the lack of a managerial appointment in danger of wrecking any chance the Magpies have of gaining promotion.

It has also left season ticket sales at a low ebb, but there will still be a strong United presence at the Northern Echo Arena tomorrow with Darlo next up on caretaker boss Chris Hughton’s schedule.

Enrique told the Chronicle: “It is tough for everybody.

“But as players we will continue to give our all in games – we have to because it is what we are paid to do.

“We did that at Shamrock Rovers last week and it is what we will do against Darlington in our next game.”

United looked a little ring rusty in the first half in Dublin, but as a team of triallists and youngsters began to tire, United’s quality showed and they netted three times in the second half.

Enrique says: “Sometimes it is normal to play that way.

“It is about match fitness and to get in the right condition.

“So it is normal to not play to perform at your very best in friendlies because you are building up.”

Enrique – who still has faint hopes of playing for Spain at next year’s World Cup – also revealed at the start of the week that he could not rule out a return to La Liga in order to escape the madness at St James’s Park.

Athletico Madrid have already expressed an interest in the left-back who is by far United’s most experienced player in that position.

Last weekend Tamas Kadar deputised in the first half, with the Hungarian under-19 international next in line in that position, and Academy product Darren Lough is also vying for a chance to shine.

The former Villareal star Enrique added: “We have several options in all positions still.

“I will continue to concentrate on playing.

“We must just keep doing our jobs until something happens.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/17/enrique-we-ll-give-it-everything-despite-turmoil-72703-24176955/

Guest The Libertine

“But as players we will continue to give our all in games – we have to because it is what we are paid to do."

Brilliant may be pushing it but he's definately a good player, could see he was one of the few players, mayeb the only one who would pass and move with regularity. Our off the ball movement in both attack and defense were disturbingly bad last season, the main reason why I feared relegation from an early stage.

Wouldn't argue with any of that. Enrique is one of the few players who would do well for a decent Premier side for me and while he's on big money he's still a saleable asset. Can't say that for for many of our squad.