The true cost of buying NUFC?

Parky

Window price 100m

Debt 70m

Barclays overdraft (apparently a 40m facility probably racked up 20m so far in running costs this summer).

110m owed to some kind of Ashley financial instrument/fund/offshore/or him directly (not likely).

Player costs about 15m every 3 months.

Am I way off?  :undecided:

Guest neesy111

no one in their right mind would pay that

the 100 million has to include the writing off on the loan to ashley or no-one would even dare pay for the club

100m before you even start then you've got to sort out all the squad and a manager, another 20m+ and 2 months work non stop - just to get promoted which is unlikely

or you could buy a top 10 premiership team for that, or a bottom half prem ready team for half, or another championship club for a third

100m before you even start then you've got to sort out all the squad and a manager, another 20m+ and 2 months work non stop - just to get promoted which is unlikely

or you could buy a top 10 premiership team for that, or a bottom half prem ready team for half, or another championship club for a third

Pretty much.

Pompey 20m

Villa 42m

Parky is basically ITV News in poster form. Lets exaggerate EVERYTHING and make people worry about stuff, doom mongering so fun!

I think you're talking shit. Probably need to be a genius to exaggerate the state we are in (could it be any worse?).

Why not discuss the OP?

Why hasn't the club been sold for 100m if that's is a fair price?

70m 'debt', 40m o/d and 110m 'loan' to Ashley.

care to elaborate?

Sounds like some double counting to me...

Well in quotes from Lambiarse last summer he said that Ashley had paid off 110m debt but there was still more in monies owed on old player deals and loans etc...

The hold up could be some caveat with regard to us getting promoted and Ashley clawing back more money from the buyer with consideration to the money he has put in so far.

It's clear if 100m was the default price the club would probably have been sold by now (at a guess).

Window price 100m

Debt 70m

Barclays overdraft (apparently a 40m facility probably racked up 20m so far in running costs this summer).

110m owed to some kind of Ashley financial instrument/fund/offshore/or him directly (not likely).

We haven't got anything concrete to go on since 2008 but I think it could be something like:

£100 Million asking price

£110 Million loan owed to Ashley in person through St James Holdings, no substantial evidence this has been written off

The £40 Million overdraft is possibly also in there either in full or in part

plus: you have the possibility of incurring a trading losses of lets say £30 million in the next year.

If you want it on Ashley's terms you need to be have access to somehere in the region of £280 million, that sum can be reduced by any reduction in the St James Holdings debt. 

when you have sentence using the following:

"its clear", "if", "at a guess"

then it's likely you're treading on uncertain ground.

pure speculation, Pilko's not far off.

Of course it's fukin speculation, 90% of this board is speculation.

If you have concrete information, please don't leave us in suspense.

Steer clear of statements like 'sound financial footing' cause that will just remind peeps what a gimp you are.  :aww:

It's a speculative thread - the numbers in my post above have a logical basis though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The simple fact that Ashley WANTS to sell and is actively seeking a buyer reduces the asset by at least half.

ie Given went for about half his actual value because he wanted to go, Bellamy went for half his value because the club wanted him out. Same principles.

Whatever MA thinks the club is worth in this current state, he should half that value immediately!

I reackon the whole package debt, outstanding payments and the cost of the club amount to about 205mil  (club 65mil, debt 110mil, overdraft 20mil, outstanding payments 10mil). Ashley should be accepting 100mil all inclusive

Window price 100m

Debt 70m

Where does this additional debt of £70 million come from?

am i right in assuming that as of yet, apart from the 100mill window price, nothing has been mentioned about the "loan". so it is as likely to have been written off as needing paid as a condition of sale.

we really haven't a clue on this have we ?

am i right in assuming that as of yet, apart from the 100mill window price, nothing has been mentioned about the "loan". so it is as likely to have been written off as needing paid as a condition of sale.

we really haven't a clue on this have we ?

I included it in my calculation because there has been nothing official on it - window price of £100 million for the club implies that you take everything that goes with it, and that includes the loan. Caulkin in the Times said he thought it was written off, but beyond that nothing. No reason why anyone should say anything about it tbh given confidentiality clauses and non disclusure agreements etc, but I'm certain its a crucial part of any negotiation that takes place.

230M.

That's the figure one of Kemsley's mates came out with on a Spurs forum.  No idea if that is a figure given with any knowledge or just plucked out of the air though.

Or he just worked it out like we did.

As quayside said, it depends on the nature of the debt.