Man City

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Following on from a conversation at work really, but what do people think Man City will achieve this year? They seem to be collecting a very decent set of attackers and if they could get Terry or Lescott, they'll be pretty reasonable at the back too.

I think they might squeeze 3rd or 4th this year, but a lot of other folk I spoke to thought they would fall short. What is inevitable though, that if they don't do it this year, then next season they will. With that level of spending power, I just can't see them failing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

They will finish 4th with no more signings

Terry, adebayor and Lescott i think your talking challengers!

Given

Richards Terry Lescott Bridge

Ireland De Jong Barry Robinho

Adebayor Tevez

Bellamy

Santa Cruz

Kompany

Zambleta

Onoahu

is as good as any of the top 4 potentially

They'll struggle to break the top four until they pull some real spending power. Bar Tevez, they're yet to buy anyone good enough for the top four IMO.

They seem to be buying all of the best of the rest (Barry, Bellamy, SWP, Given) and I seriously can't see them getting Terry.

Guest neesy111

give over, they are no where near top 4 with the current squad, they haven't improved at the back at all and that was their biggest weakness last season

they've now got far too many strikers

I think they have the potential to finish as high as 4th, but will probably finish 5th.  Saying that, if they did get some top centre backs and decent cover for when Bridge gets injured then maybe they could do better.

give over, they are no where near top 4 with the current squad, they haven't improved at the back at all and that was their biggest weakness last season

they've now got far too many strikers

But the above would sort out the defence. People forget how ropey Arsenal were for much of last season, it was only Aston Villa buggering up the second half of the season that kept them in fourth. The Arsenal performance I saw at Villa was the worst I'd seen since the mid-80s. Even though I detest the City circus, this Premiership season is going to be fascinating, a lot will depend upon how teams start.

If JT goes to City, what would any self-respecting journo title an interview from Onuoha/Kompany/Dunne about competition for places?

It's not Terry's, it's mine!!

Dawn French wouldn't even get near their bench tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

They need a decent manager before we can expect them to get any higher than 5th I think. Even then, I think that's Everton's again next season.