Kinnear return denied by the club

Nicky

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1199728/EXCLUSIVE-Youre-Joe-king-Kinnear-charge-latest-Newcastle-farce-sees-Shearer-ditched.html?ITO=1490

EXCLUSIVE: You're Joe-king! Kinnear back in charge as latest Toon farce sees Shearer ditched

By Simon Jones

Last updated at 11:59 PM on 14th July 2009

Joe Kinnear is to make a sensational return to Newcastle as manager today. Owner Mike Ashley has turned again to the man he asked to take charge last September as the club, whose future remains uncertain, lurched into another unpopular move.

In a crushing blow to Alan Shearer which will infuriate already angry fans, the 62-year-old is expected to step into the breach as Newcastle approach life in the Championship without a takeover imminent.

Kinnear took charge of 26 matches last season, but was forced to step away from the game when he suffered a heart attack in February which required a triple by-pass operation.

The former Wimbledon manager, whose Newcastle contract had expired, has a history of health problems but claimed recently that he was back to full fitness and prepared to become interim manager once again.

'I've gone from bad to being much, much better than I was. I've got the all-clear,' Kinnear said. 'Things are working out well. I feel as fit as a fiddle.'

Chris Hughton has been in charge of Newcastle's pre-season matters this summer while Ashley has tried, so far unsuccessfully, to sell the club. He is said to want £100million.

Shearer was initially involved in planning for life after his doomed eight-game bid to save the club from relegation but has grown frustrated at the delay of any appointment. Representatives of the former Newcastle and England No 9 insist he is still very keen on taking charge despite Ashley refusing to appoint him on the basis that he may not be the choice of prospective new owners.

However, the return of Kinnear casts doubt on his future at St James' Park because the former Match of the Day pundit is unlikely to stay on the bench once the new season is under way.

Ashley has antagonised the Toon Army with a series of unpopular appointments but the latest one will also upset players. Goalkeeper Steve Harper claimed this week that Newcastle are 'dying a slow death' and a long list of first-team members have called for the appointment of Shearer.

With key players said to be on the verge of revolt over the chaos at the club, captain Nicky Butt admitted that relegation from the Barclays Premier League and the ensuing uncertainty has brought the toughest period of his career.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, who has taken the armband from the departed Michael Owen, said: 'I have never experienced anything like this. I don't think anyone has, in football or at Newcastle United. We just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed.

'It's been a difficult summer. Everyone was disappointed at going down and the way we went down but we've got to try and put that behind us now. The Championship will not be easy and will be a massive challenge we have to match.

'It's difficult for some players because they don't know where their future lies and the job needs someone of Alan's stature. I do feel Alan is favoured by a lot of people and I do feel that he would do a very good job.

'But we're fed up with waiting to see what's going to happen. For the last five or six weeks it's been, "Something is happening at the end of this week, or that week", and it never does. We're all in the same position - young lads or old - no-one knows.'

Kinnear's appointment is unlikely to assuage the concerns of Butt and his team-mates unless the club are taken off hold.

Ashley had hoped a sale would have been completed by now and long-term commitments appear to have been avoided.

There is thought to have been interest in buying the club from Malaysia and America, but Kinnear's reintroduction suggests a takeover is still some way off.

The mail are usually pretty good,  it hurts to say.  If this happens,  I think i've actually run out of words in the English language to explain how I feel about this situation.

the end of the world - its as simple as that  :rant:

EDIT: actually on second thoughts, its kinda good to have a manager.

EDIT: actually, is he just there to sell everybody for MA?

EDIT: i cant decide  :weep: PLEASE DONT BE TRUE

Found some words to say.

Fucking hell.  The reason that stupid fat cunt doesn't want Shearer is apparantly that the new owners may not want him as manager?  But he won't even give him a rolling contract,  so instead he goes to a greasy haired cockney fuckwit,  who's on his deathbed and give him a rolling contract instead while he trys to sell the club?  What the fucks stopping him doing that to Shearer even if he has to embargo transfers in the mean time?  What a fucking fat useless cock.

We've been joking about it for a while but I can honestly see the club turning to Kinnear soon. Hughton clearly isn't comfortable with managing the players and they aren't happy with a coach in charge.

Kinnear said he'd be willing to help out and I can imagine Ashley going for it. Someone who is desperate for a job, won't demand anything or whinge to the media and the players already know.

:doh:

Call me an unloyal sob, but I've just about had it. Football itself isn't what it was and the only thing I enjoyed was following the club, and that's be ripped away from me. Think I'll start buying shirts from one of my hometown non-league clubs instead and be done with it.

If this is true, Mike Ashley has killed my love of football.

We've been joking about it for a while but I can honestly see the club turning to Kinnear soon. Hughton clearly isn't comfortable with managing the players and they aren't happy with a coach in charge.

Kinnear said he'd be willing to help out and I can imagine Ashley going for it. Someone who is desperate for a job, won't demand anything or whinge to the media and the players already know.

:doh:

As ever.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'm not even taking the piss but if it means we can start doing things in the transfer market and redeploying Kinnear's winning football strategies then I'm all for this.

I'm not even taking the piss but if it means we can start doing things in the transfer market and redeploying Kinnear's winning football strategies then I'm all for this.

:lol:

Who's going to want to come here ?

Why does Ashley do this, is decision making is so shit, Kinnear isn't popular.  Shearer is.  No one expected Kinnear to be back and yet they make this unbelieveably unpopular decision... a big fuck you to all of us.  Even the players want Shearer here more than anyone.

He could easily hire Shearer and give the place a huge boost but instead but this convinces me he's deliberately trying to ruin us. Nobody could be that stupid, surely.

this crossed my mind, but then remembered that the players basically said "give us shearer or we leave". also, has kinnear got a list of targets?? does he even know what day it is??

it's all making sense now.

ashley has a huge wager on kinnear to die in 2009. he thought last late 2008 would get him ready but joe nearly went too early.....mike thinks he can finish him off and clean up.