Deluded Mackem thinks the SOL should and will be chosen over SJP for the WC 2018

Stifler

can't we both be chosen as host cities?? i'd love us both to get it, plenty more top class matches up 'ere.

1 stadium per host city

That can't be true. What about London?? Choosing one from Wembley, Emriates, Twickenham, Stamford Bridge and Spurs' new gaffe?? Theres plenty of room for both stadia

They only used Wembley during Euro 96, although there were fewer grounds used.

is nobody going to point out that newcastle and sunderland are seperate cities ?

Just thinking that myself. :lol:

Both SJP and the SOL (what a cringemakingly bad name that is, btw) are good stadia. The SOL's advantage is that being a new ground, the whole thing was done at once, so perhaps there is a better "continuity" to its facilities, I don't know.

However, it isn't just about the stadium itself, it is about transport links, quality and number of hotel rooms, experience in the tourism / business travel sector etc etc, and on all of those factors, Sunderland falls well, well short.

There is only possibility I could see it not being Newcastle out of the two (and there's no chance they're going to use two grounds in the north east, precisely because Newcastle would serve as the "base" for both grounds, and I doubt it would have the infrastructure to handle that, plus the FA want to spread it to "non traditional" football areas like Bristol and MK).... I know for a fact that the WC bid inspection team were at Villa Park at the end of last week doing their inspection stuff.

With the current lack of leadership at NUFC, it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley forgot to arrange for someone to show them around ;)

Guest Roger Kint

Talksport exclusive:

Peter Crouch has been spotted at Wearside Airport.

Knocked that bugger up quick :yikes:

Guest Roger Kint

Talksport exclusive:

Peter Crouch has been spotted at Wearside Airport.

Knocked that bugger up quick :yikes:

Wonder how Abi Clancy will take to the delights of Wearside

Please say you didnt miss the point of that?

Can't remember the name of it but that comedy youtube clip someone once posted on here with the Southern guy pretending to do a football hooligans show had it right: - "Sunderland famous for Newcastle".

that would be danny dyer  :thup:

Dire :bluestar:

So this guy (and part of the Sunderland Official bid) is doing so on features based in Gateshead (somewhere in North Durham) which include The Hilton; overlooking the Tyne, The Baltic; overlooking the Tyne & The Millennium Bridge; spanning the Tyne. What's more he's simply paying tribute to the features of a rival bid; Newcastle/ Gateshead. Perhaps he should suggest a Sunderland/ Washington bid and could include the Nissan Factory, The Galleries, The Old Hall and Princess Anne Park (they could erect a fan's camp site there with a big screen, after all, It's A Knockout was once staged there). If he pushed it he could also try including Penshaw Monument - oh hang on, the official bid has already done that.

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Can anyone remind me where Wearside airport is?

Third time lucky for someone to notice the point of my post :celb:

• 2 weeks later...

Ferguson talking about Madrid, comparing them to the mackems spending.

But Manchester United manager Ferguson, AC Milan coach Leonardo and Bayern Munich boss Van Gaal feel that building a winning team requires much more than just massive financial investment.

Ferguson said: "There is a great example of a team (who could not buy success). It was called Sunderland and spent so much money that it was known as the Bank of England club.

"They didn't win anything and in the end they got themselves relegated. I'm not saying that Real Madrid will get relegated but they will have plenty of problems with balance.

• 1 month later...
Newcastle is a lump of shit and all the surrounding villages that lick up are the flies. Boycott Dalton Park and let them know why!

Email them.

Ah, got to love RTG, if you need something to laugh at just head over and read a few posts.