Nigerian players to be age tested.

Guest n4e

Nigerian players taking part in the Under-17 World Cup will be subjected to MRI bone scans to determine their ages.

Accusations of age cheating have blighted Nigeria's success at international age group tournaments in recent years.

But Sani Lulu Abdullahi, president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), is confident the MRI test will bring to an end such accusations.

"We will use the MRI bone confirmation tests introduced by Fifa," Lulu told BBC Sport on Tuesday.

"This is important as we want to be sure that we do it correctly and that players who represent Nigeria at underage competitions are actually the ages they claim to be."

Nigeria have won the Fifa Under-17 World Cup three times - 1985, 1993 and 2007 - but fans and media alike have long questioned the ages of some of the player representing the country.

The Golden Eaglets, as Nigeria's under-17 team is known, will be playing in their own backyard in October as they this year's World Cup.

Lulu insists the present squad under John Obuh will be the first set of Eaglets to undergo MRI scans.

Doesn't look like they'll be winning it this year then.

Everton manager David Moyes says that comments he made about Nigerian players have been misunderstood.

He questioned the true age of his striker Yakubu Ayegbeni and of Nigerian players in general.

The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has written to the English FA asking for Moyes to be sanctioned.

"What I said has been taken totally out of context. I have never before been accused of being a racist, that idea is totally abhorrent to me," said Moyes.

After Yakubu scored a hat-trick in Everton's Uefa Cup win over SK Brann on Thursday, Moyes told the Guardian newspaper:

"He's only 25, albeit a Nigerian 25, and so if that is his age he's still got a good few years ahead of him."

pretty funny older quote from Moyes (for once) :lol:

Everton manager David Moyes says that comments he made about Nigerian players have been misunderstood.

He questioned the true age of his striker Yakubu Ayegbeni and of Nigerian players in general.

The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has written to the English FA asking for Moyes to be sanctioned.

"What I said has been taken totally out of context. I have never before been accused of being a racist, that idea is totally abhorrent to me," said Moyes.

After Yakubu scored a hat-trick in Everton's Uefa Cup win over SK Brann on Thursday, Moyes told the Guardian newspaper:

"He's only 25, albeit a Nigerian 25, and so if that is his age he's still got a good few years ahead of him."

Don't see what's wrong with his comments. Everyone knows Nigerian players just make their ages up.

Don't see what's wrong with his comments. Everyone knows Nigerian players just make their ages up.

Bulls***. Stereotyping pieces of rubbish. Spitting nonsense out of their mouths at every turn.

Bulls***. Stereotyping pieces of rubbish. Spitting nonsense out of their mouths at every turn.

I'm sorry but they found this on Kanu's mums fridge:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9849/kanu.png

When clearing her house after her untimely death aged 24 in 1937.

Mrs Kanu 14 June 1884 - 25 August 1937  :weep:

Agreed, like all english people are clubbing lovers and conservative at the same time, right?!?!? And yes, I am a greedy Swiss guy with no heart and stolen holocost money... Seen?

Agreed, like all english people are clubbing lovers and conservative at the same time, right?!?!? And yes, I am a greedy Swiss guy with no heart and stolen holocost money... Seen?

http://theinfosphere.org/images/thumb/9/9c/Neutral_President.jpg/353px-Neutral_President.jpg

At least Oba will be able to flog the ferrari and hop on all public transport for nowt. Good times.

Speaking of which, I wonder which birth certificate they use when they are getting their car insurance  :laugh:

Weren't you reading? Everyone knows. The game's up.

At least Oba will be able to flog the ferrari and hop on all public transport for nowt. Good times.

Speaking of which, I wonder which birth certificate they use when they are getting their car insurance  :laugh:

Don't know but my mate at elephant.com reckons Oba's Ferrari insurance is £250 a year with his 15 years no claims discount added.

It would've only been £180 for third party fire and theft.

Everyone thinks they know, but they don't. The game was actually up in the 90's. Most of the age cheats are filtered out of the system early on these days. It's generally obvious who they are, just as it used to be. Honestly looking at this generation of young players, who are poached from academies during puberty, it does not seem prevalent at all.