Butt's Turn!

Skirge

Nicky Butt: This season will be a tough one

Jul 15 2009 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/15/nicky-butt-this-season-will-be-a-tough-one-61634-24155376/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Butt joins call for Shear relief at St James's

Published Date:  15 July 2009

NEWCASTLE skipper Nicky Butt has joined the growing list of senior players to call for Alan Shearer to be appointed as manager.

The rudderless ship has been drifting since the last day of the Premier league season, when owner Mike Ashley announced after relegation to the Championship that he was putting the club up for sale.

Sebastien Bassong has already announced he wants to leave, and others, like Habib Beye and Jose Enrique look set to follow if a manager is not appointed soon.

Former Manchester United and England midfielder Butt, who has taken the armband from the departed Michael Owen, said: "I have never experienced anything like this.

"I don't think anyone has, in football or at Newcastle United. We just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed.

"It's been a difficult summer. Everyone was disappointed at going down and the way we went down, but we've got to try and put that behind us now.

"The Championship will not be easy and will be a massive challenge we have to match.

'It's difficult for some players because they don't know where their future lies, and the job needs someone of Alan's stature.

"I do feel Alan is favoured by a lot of people, and I do feel that he would do a very good job.

'But we're fed up with waiting to see what's going to happen.

"For the last five or six weeks it's been 'Something is happening at the end of this week, or that week', and it never does.

"We're all in the same position - young lads or old - no one knows."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Butt-joins-call-for-Shear.5459308.jp

how about if they just stop coming out with these comments and actually do something usefull.....like er.. knocking on Mike Ashley's door and demanding Alan Shearer to be appointed?? Come on... go and do it you guttless wankers!

I find it hard to care what alot of these people say. We're going bankrupt and their wages have alot to do with it. It's not their fault they get paid so much, and they're not obliged to take a pay-cut or leave, but please don't pretend you give a shit about the club.

Wasn't he vice captain anyway? With Owen leaving and us having no-one really in charge it was always going to be Butt wasn't it?

Yeah. It's just knowing that he's already penciled in for 90 minutes of every single game.

Imo the players have done well not to say anything up until now. Its just been absolutely ridiculous!

Yes, most of them are a bunch of overpaid slackers, but I'm still sure a fair few of them want to see a bit of direction at the club because most of them know that at this moment in time, no other clubs are interested in them so sadly their futures lie with us.

I just cant take it anymore... :facepalm:

Mike, your little caption is correct but the picture needs to be a certain Mr Nicky Butt.

:lol: Until we confirm Shearer or someone else as manager, he's our manager. Even if he's only creeping in the shadows, he's the manager.

This is the "Season of Ameobi", Mistle.

Mike, your little caption is correct but the picture needs to be a certain Mr Nicky Butt.

:lol: Until we confirm Shearer or someone else as manager, he's our manager. Even if he's only creeping in the shadows, he's the manager.

This is the "Season of Ameobi", Mistle.

If you haven't before, type in "Shola Ameobi" into youtube. The compiliation video is one of the funniest videos I have ever watched. :lol:

:lol: I think I've seen it. No matter.

Shola Ameobi - 25 goals.

If Shola Ameobi gets 25 goals next season I will fly over to America and dance stark bollock naked outside your house.

DISCLAIMER: Not really.