Coloccini willing to stay...

Optimistic Nut

Interview with Coloccini in The Sunday Sun today saying his agent has tried getting him a move, the club will only sell if they get close to their money back, club isn't interested in loaning him out...and that he's willing to stay and play in the Championship if he can't get a move as long as there's no pay cut. :lol:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/07/19/coloccini-willing-to-stay-but-only-on-big-money-79310-24186809/

Coloccini willing to stay but only on big money

Jul 19 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

FABRICIO COLOCCINI is fast growing resigned to staying at Newcastle – but staying on big money.

And the Argentinian defender insists United’s off-field strife – not him or his team-mates – is to blame for the Magpies’ relegation to the Championship.

Coloccini tops the list of players Newcastle hope to cash in on this summer as the economic reality of life outside the Premier League sinks in.

But the 27-year-old believes a move is now looking “impossible” because of the Magpies’ insistence that they will not let him leave on loan.

“At this moment, it is very complicated to leave Newcastle because they are asking for too much from any club interested in doing a deal,” said Coloccini.

“The club only wants to sell me, not do a loan with the option to sell. My agent has talked to the Newcastle directors and it’s very complicated.

“Newcastle are thinking only about getting money back at the moment, but the worldwide financial crisis doesn’t help when it comes to selling a footballer.

“It’s true that some Spanish clubs have asked about me, but it’s been impossible to negotiate an agreement.”

Meanwhile, Coloccini – a major disappointment since his £10 million-plus move to Tyneside from Deportivo La Coruna last summer – also reflected on relegation.

“I’m unhappy about the situation because I came to the Premier League with so much hope and the season was a disaster,” he added.

“People have criticised the players but all the problems within the club damaged us on the pitch.

“I have never experienced so many changes on the bench during my career, and stability is fundamental for players.”

And Coloccini concluded: “If a solution is not possible, I am willing to play in the Championship, but with the same financial conditions.”

Guest Stephen927

So he is just as bad as the club. We're demanding a high fee, and he'll be demanding a high wage similar to what he is on here.

Guest The Libertine

whats wrong with that? he's saying the club are being dicks and not selling him or loaning him so he'll stay, on his current contract. its hardly him being greedy. who else has taken a pay cut?

Guest sicko2ndbest

'willing to stay on the same contract'

The man has no shame, utter wanker

Really liked him when he started, but became a fukin liability.

This club is a fucking grade a mess, even if someone takes over its going to take a whole load of sorting out.  Could take us years to get anywhere near being half decent.

Ashley has done a massive hatchet job on us, not saying we didn't have problems but he has just about put the nail in the coffin.

What a cunt.

Guest Stephen927

'willing to stay on the same contract'

The man has no shame, utter w*****

Really liked him when he started, but became a fukin liability.

He's only on the wages he agreed with the club, blame the club for agreeing to pay him so much.

whats wrong with that? he's saying the club are being dicks and not selling him or loaning him so he'll stay, on his current contract. its hardly him being greedy. who else has taken a pay cut?

It's the club's fault he's on stupid wages. It's the club's fault he's not been sold. It's the club's fault he's not got a mandatory pay cut in his contract. It just sticks in the throat that he contributed to us going down and all he's interested in is his cushy wages rather than helping us come back up.

As I said before, it's just absolutely typical of modern-day footballers. They don't give a fuck who they play for or where, just who pays the best wages.

I don't see any other player offering to take a pay cut, so why should he be any different you say it's the club's fault but unfortunately that's the way it is these days. If you don't do it you'll get know one to play for you . So he's no different from the rest of modern day footballers.

It's the club's fault he's on stupid wages. It's the club's fault he's not been sold. It's the club's fault he's not got a mandatory pay cut in his contract. It just sticks in the throat that he contributed to us going down and all he's interested in is his cushy wages rather than helping us come back up.

As I said before, it's just absolutely typical of modern-day footballers. They don't give a f*** who they play for or where, just who pays the best wages.

I work as a contractor and sympathise with the attitude. Why would he be loyal to us after the shit season he's had here (not absolving him for playing more than his part in it)..? He's still a highly regarded player on the continent; he's one of the prime candidates for being sold for a reasonable price (as is somebody like Smith), yet somehow people are quite happy with the transfer embargo as the club sale drags on and on and on (and might not even happen at this rate). Probably the same people moaning about players staying on their cushy conditions.. Can't have your cake and eat it too..

Guest The Libertine

he's saying the club are being dicks and not selling him or loaning

The club are being dicks for not wanting to lose him on the cheap? For once they're doing the right thing!

i was paraphrasing slightly but he's making it seem like we're asking for £15 million and he just wants to go as soon as possible for any price.

Guest The Libertine

that was an obvious exaggeration. he thinks we're asking for more than he's worth when he just wants out.