"Fed-up Five Break Toon Irish Curfew" - Daily Express

Ketsbaia

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/114911/Fed-up-five-break-Toon-Irish-curfew

FIVE Newcastle United stars broke a boot camp curfew in Dublin as frustration grows on Tyneside.

Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Alan Smith, Nicky Butt and Habib Beye all sneaked out from the team hotel during the recent pre-season training trip to the Irish capital.

They visited the Temple Bar area of the city after 10pm one night, despite caretaker boss Chris Hughtons ruling that the players must remain at their luxurious Carton House hotel in Co. Kildare.

There is no suggestion that the players some of whom are tee-total went drinking but they were determined to enjoy some time away from the rigid training schedule.

Many of the players have grown disillusioned because of the delays in selling the club and appointing Alan Shearer as manager. Butt is the latest to condemn the chaos and he warned of a mass exodus unless the club is sold soon.

The former England midfielder follows Kevin Nolan, Steve Harper and Beye, who is wanted by Portsmouth, in going public over the growing discontent in the camp. And Butt, 34, insists time is running out for owner Mike Ashley to resolve the turmoil.

The former Manchester United ace rapped: Weve got to get a manager on board we dont even know who to speak to any more.

Alan Shearer is the favourite with a lot of the people trying to buy the club at least thats what we hear but until something happens we dont know who is in charge.

The players are completely fed up and when that happens some will try to go somewhere more stable.

Of the takeover talk, he added: Its so frustrating a deal is always happening in a weeks time but this has been going on since last season. Its like a scratched record going over and over. Its getting on everyones nerves.

It is understood that Hughton did not punish the curfew-breakers because he knows many of the players are at breaking point and ready to hand in transfer requests.

Can't find anywhere else to post this, but I'm not sure how to feel about Hughton being wussy with discipline. Its a hark back to the Kinnear days.

bit late to make the papers when they were there over a week ago, the 5 players are a bit strange though, Barton who you'd think would know better by now and be on his best behaviour and 4(Smith, Duff, Butt and Beye) so called top professionals.

bit late to make the papers when they were there over a week ago, the 5 players are a bit strange though, Barton who you'd think would know better by now and be on his best behaviour and 4(Smith, Duff, Butt and Beye) so called top professionals.

I assume that's because they've pulled the names out of a hat for their article.

I assume that's because they've pulled the names out of a hat for their article.

well yes i had thought that as well.

Hope it's true.

Sack Barton, Duff, Smith and Butt for breaking curfew. Then give Beye a new contract for leading them astray in order to kick them out of the club. :thup:

Guest Geordiecunny

When I was there I did talk to a guy who said he'd seen Duff, Smith and Butt a few days before in a bar at night. I doubt they'd go somewhere as public as Temple Bar, unless they wanted a bollocking.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5064/giveafuckometer.gif

Exactly; couldn't give a flying fuk about this incident, three of them are teetotal anyway.

Media absolutely gutted we didn't get hammered off Darlington so need a new TOON TURMOIL CRISIS GOING TO MELTDOWN story to appease the Country.

I'd celebrate if them fuckers handed in transfer requests.  Well apart from Beye but I'd happily accept him leaving if it meant Barton, Duff, Smith and Butt all handing in requests and saving us 10m in 'loyalty' (yeah right..) bonuses.  Hughton hasn't got the fucking brains to realise this though, he's actually letting these tossers off with stuff to try to stop them from saving us millions of pounds :lol: :no:

Couldn't give a shit about them sneaking out like, I just want rid on the cheap and any excuse is good enough IMO.

"There is no suggestion that the players – some of whom are tee-total – went drinking but they were determined to enjoy some time away from the rigid training schedule."

not much of a story then.

Guest Roger Kint

and the only quotes relate to something else......smells like s***

Was on here ages ago, maybe in 'players in public' or the Shamrock thread

Guest Stephen927

"There is no suggestion that the players – some of whom are tee-total – went drinking but they were determined to enjoy some time away from the rigid training schedule."

not much of a story then.

And considering when it happened and when the story was in the papers, it is really scraping the barrel for a bit of controversy.