12 year old pro?!

LooneyToonArmy

12-year-old Mauricio Baldivieso given professional debut in Bolivia

From correspondents in La Paz, Bolivia

July 20, 2009 Bolivian top flight football side Aurora have handed a debut to 12-year-old Mauricio Baldivieso in a 1-0 loss to FC la Paz.

Mauricio came on six minutes before halftime, sent into the fray by coach Julio Cesar Baldivieso, who happens to be youngster's father.

Mauricio had a somewhat brutal introduction to the professional game as he picked up an ankle knock within five minutes from ferocious tackle by La Paz's Henry Alaca.

But to the delight of Aurora's fans, who gave him an ovation, the youngster was able to resume after treatment pitchside.

"I am proud - he has a lot of talent," said his father.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23210,00.html

Marca is saying that he started crying after that brutal challenge. im wondering if theres an age limit in Europe for players? 12 is just incredibly young to make your pro football debut (amongst other things)!

Guest toonlass

That is wrong tbh. How can a child of 12 be expected to compete against a bunch of grown men? Madness!

I thought there was an age limit of 16 for players to play professional league/cup games.

I know this is definately the case in the premier league as when Rooney came through at Everton Moyes was talking about how if it wasn't for the rule he'd have been in the first team since he was 14/15 years old.

Guest Stephen927

Not surprised to read he was injured within minutes of getting on the pitch.

Simply not ready at that age to meet the physical demands of the game. Should be playing against kids his own age, enjoying the game.