Beckham kicks off after boos

Slim

I can see why the American fans would boo him. He clearly couldn't give a fuck about the club, is only there to pick up a fair few dollers and is doing all he can to avoid actually playing for them. Less professional than our own little Micky.

Guest firetotheworks

There's little wrong that bloke can do in my eyes anymore. I understand the fans like, but at least he'd still producing the goods for them. Both of their goals in that match were through him.

They have every right to be having a go at Beckham, fans and Donovan after what he said.

Beckham has just been trying to have his cake and eat it over the past year.

Beckham has every right to tell them where to go IYAM. Mickey Mouse league.

Mickey Mouse player finds his home.

Pre-Beckham, the Galaxy actually won stuff, but since then its been a disaster - the fans who were booing insist on a conenction and feel slighted by the Milan thing. I personally disagree. Hiring Ruud f*cking Gullit was a bigger mistake. Getting rid of Alexei Lalas was a step in the right direction.

Beckham has every right to tell them where to go IYAM. Mickey Mouse league.

Mickey Mouse player finds his home.

Eh?  Beckham has proved at Milan and his last 2 England matches that he's still capable of playing at the highest level.

I can see why the American fans would boo him. He clearly couldn't give a fuck about the club, is only there to pick up a fair few dollers and is doing all he can to avoid actually playing for them. Less professional than our own little Micky.

No chance, Beckham is twice the player at 34 than Owen was during his time here. He also puts in 100% efforrt EVERY time he steps onto the field, something we didn't see from Owen most of the time.

Guest Stephen927

He made a huge mistake in going there. As proved by his time at Milan, he still has what it takes to play in the top leagues to a good standard. I think he listened to his wife too much when deciding his next step...

Ideally, he should have went to America at the age of 35-36, he would still be a class above at that age, and his name would still be big enough in world football to do what he has said he wants to do for the MLS.

As for the fans reaction, I can totally understand it. He has a contract with Galaxy, no one held a gun to his head except perhaps Twiglet. He's being paid handsomely to play football in a shite league, where he can play in 3rd gear if he choses (not that Beckham would do that, the blokes attitude on the pitch is top notch) and still win man of the match awards.

Guest Phil K

I can see why the American fans would boo him. He clearly couldn't give a f*** about the club, is only there to pick up a fair few dollers and is doing all he can to avoid actually playing for them. Less professional than our own little Micky.

No - he's better.

And thats saying nothing for petulant prima donna Beckham.

He's treated that club with total contempt, and despite the fact that he says he understands the fans' reaction, I don't think he does.

Agreed.

When he came to L.A., they sold a massive amount of season tickets and the Galaxy's away games are always sold out well ahead of time because people want to see Beckham, but he doesn't respect that or the commitment he made to them. I think turning on the fans is a way for him to engineer a way out, tbh.

I can see why the American fans would boo him. He clearly couldn't give a f*** about the club, is only there to pick up a fair few dollers and is doing all he can to avoid actually playing for them. Less professional than our own little Micky.

No - he's better.

How exactly is he better?

Beckham has openly said he wanted to leave LA Galaxy so many times, he turned on fans yesterday and tried climb a barrier to get at one, even a team-mate has gone publicly and has said he stopped trying in training and hasn't cared since Gullit left.

Michael never responded to transfer rumours, never said was unhappy here, honored his contract and even since leaving hasn't criticised the club although i'm quite certain he regrets his coming here.

Agree 100% - Beckham is a spoilt, over-rated fading player who thinks he is too good for the US Lge, but quite happy to pick up the big bucks from a contract which HE willingly signed ; a typical example of his generation, who thinks the world owes them a living because they 'look nice'.

Looking forward to the day when he and his similarly over-rated WAG finally disappear from the news forever.

i like beckham but he did drop a major bollock in going to the states in the first place, especially when madrid wanted to offer him a contract extension and ac milan were also interested at the time. i blame his mad wife for talking him into going to the states. i'd still like to see him play for england in the world cup though, and to do that it's looking like he's going to have to leave the galaxy

No chance, Beckham is twice the player at 34 than Owen was during his time here. He also puts in 100% efforrt EVERY time he steps onto the field, something we didn't see from Owen most of the time.

He also fucks off and plays in a different league when he can't be bothered with them, that's how little regard he holds the club in. Far more comtempt for the club than Owen ever had for us. If he doesn't want to play for them he shouldn't have fucking signed for them, he had plenty of money as it was.

No - he's better.

At least Owen didn't piss off on loan whenever he felt like it. Beckham's a much better player but has treated the Galaxy far worse than Owen ever treated us imo.

Guest Stephen927

didn't donovan go on loan to bayern? why's he getting pissy about beckham going on loan to milan?

Yep, spent some time training with them then a few months later in January went on loan until March.