Finally some good news

Dave

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1729286,00.html

Butt To Undergo Hand Operation

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that Nicky Butt requires an operation on the hand injury sustained during Saturday's 7-2 victory at Darlington.

Due to the nature of the injury it is expected that the midfielder will be unavailable for selection for a period of four weeks.

Let's hope he doesn't get a look in for the rest of the season.

:facepalm:

He's good enough for the Championship if he doesn't play all 46 games. We will need him this year.

Could be very useful coming off the bench for 20 minutes to close a game down, I agree.

No coincidence either that Butt always looks his most useful last season just after an international break. Not playing every game will make him be less shattered.

Guest Stephen927

He's good enough for the Championship if he doesn't play all 46 games. We will need him this year.

:thup:

No we won't. He won't make a blind bit of difference one way or the other.

If Guthrie and Barton stay here it's fucking imperative we get their heads in the game and have them as the official partnership. They'll eat up the Championship and spit it out again if them two click. They're both box-to-box, but also have a some bite in them which could pose as some form of 'defensive nous'. I'm glad we extended Butt's contract but only because he'll be act as a reasonable stalwhart in some games where we need another defensive mid in there. Smith probably falls into that category aswell.

I reckon we'd get by with a Guthrie/Barton/Butt/Nolan/Smith centre-mid 'squad'. Definitely not in the Premiership, obviously :rolleyes:, but in this league i think we'd be fairly comfortable.

I'd have serious reservations about using the useless twat as a fucking draught excluder tbh.

Great news. Hopefully this will mean Guthrie gets an extended run, because I think he needs it as he has the potential to be a very good player.

I personally think Guthrie will have a massive influance next season and will grow into the players people know he can be.

NUFC.coms headline: "Hand job for Butt"

Snigger.

Ye, I had a childish little giggle at that this morning  ;D

Guest mackas86

bbc local news reported it as one newcastle's most influential players is to be out of action for a month  :snod: