Wolfenstein

Lenny

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, enjoyed the original xbox game loads, and its still considered the best online game between me and my mates. If they can carry that over to the game, we'll have a winner. I've got a pre-order down, but I'll keep an eye out as I've heard nothing on the game yet and its out on the 18/08.

Loved the original back in the day, but Doom beat it for me, Doom was something else.

RTCW was a fantastic game, loved every second of it. An updated version of that will do very well.

I was hoping they would put RTCW on the Xbox Live Market place, although I have it on the PC I'd probably pay for it.

I think Wolf 3D was just too early for me, I remember playing Doom, then Wolf 3D quite a bit after then, but the game that really got me into first person shooters was Quake. I was shit hot at that game.

I was hoping they would put RTCW on the Xbox Live Market place, although I have it on the PC I'd probably pay for it.

I think Wolf 3D was just too early for me, I remember playing Doom, then Wolf 3D quite a bit after then, but the game that really got me into first person shooters was Quake. I was shit hot at that game.

Unreal was a huge step up as well.

Remember when the door gets stuck on the opening level and you wonder what's running away after its bashed the shit out of it trying to get to you(and all you've got is the starting weapon some pipe or tiny pistol)?

Freaky stuff.

Many games don't have scripted moments like that, just throw 100 enemies at you, its not the same.

I think I remember that, Unreal looked immense at the time. I also recall walking round a corner from some cells and some mutilated body being slammed against the wall by something, scared the crap out of me first time I played it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the first level in sp. Plenty of weirdness and mutilations. I've not tried the multiplayer yet, there are weapon unlocks and i want to get used to the guns first before i get slaughtered online.

Doesn't seem to have the atmosphere of rtcw but it's early days yet, seems more like cod4.

It's canny enough but nothing to really seperate it from any other shooter really. It just feels like activision have had a big hand in the dev, it just plays like call of duty.

The multiplayer is good. Decent maps, it's pretty ordinary tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Lazlo mulitplayer be very laggy ?

My boy has just tried it for the 1st time this morning and it was by far the worst game on Xbox Live that I've ever seen.

The first match he joined he couldn't move forwards or backwards, just spin round and round.

The second game was ok to start off with but then after a minute or so it started where he couldn't move again so he knocked it off.

My bad, i was doing multiplayer and sp on the pc so it could be a known issue on the 360. I have the 360 version but i've not been on live with it because of the batman thing.

sorry i should have said which version i was playing. no lag on the pc though.

• 1 month later...

I'm playing this multiplayer on the 360 now.

I like hosting so i can choose the maps, hosting 12 players no problem.

Getting onto the map first and choosing medic seems to be order of the day.