Leyton Orient 6 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/07/09

joeyt

Bored, decided to make this thread. From Utrecht to Orient then.

Some team news:

African Duo Set For Orient Return

CHRIS Hughton expects Newcastle United pair Oba Martins and Geremi to make a return to action during this weekend's friendly at Leyton Orient.

The African duo are yet to feature for the Magpies during pre-season but could figure at Brisbane Road on Saturday afternoon.

United boss Hughton explained: "We need to go through the lads in the next couple of days and assess any little problems, then we'll make a decision.

"We need to assess Sebastien Bassong because he came back late, but Oba Martins will certainly have some involvement, and I think Geremi will be involved."

Also from nufc.com:

United will be without the injured Nicky Butt, while Londoner Nile Ranger misses out on a trip to the smoke as he's on international duty with England. It remains to be seen whether Geremi, Oba Martins or Sebastien Bassong make their first appearances of this pre-season.

Obvously I've contradicted myself in the two quotes. Anyone going?

:indi:

Some of their news, posted purely just to laugh at how far Sean Thornton has sunk down the football league ladder:. From .com:

Booing potential is provided in the shape of former mackem Sean Thornton, while veteran James Scowcroft has faced us on numerous occasions in the colours of both Ipswich Town and Leicester City.

The O's pre-season to date saw them register wins over Billericay Town and Irish side Kildare before a 3-2 defeat by Ebbsfleet United in midweek.

They had been due to face Luton Town at Kenilworth Road on Saturday, but hastily changed their plans to accommodate us - and bank an unexpected bit of dosh.

Guest Roger Kint

Live audio commentary on the Chronicle site......... :kinnear:

Do you need anything funky to listen to this, the works pc here is a bit dodgy for installing programmes.

Not sure, they mentioned it during the Hudds game but by all accounts it was shocking for the Shamrock one so am not holding my breath.

Guest Roger Kint

Is that chronicle text service on today?

Hope so, was funny seeing the offerings of this forum last time  ;D

NUFC: Tim Krul, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Alan Smith ©, Oba Martins

Subs: Danny Guthrie, Xisco, Geremi, Andy Carroll, Kazenga LuaLua, Tamas Kadar, Fraser Forster, Ben Tozer, Ryan Donaldson, Darren Lough, Wesley Ngo Baheng

NUFC: Tim Krul, Habib Beye, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Joey Barton, Damien Duff, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Alan Smith ©, Oba Martins

Subs: Danny Guthrie, Xisco, Geremi, Andy Carroll, Kazenga LuaLua, Tamas Kadar, Fraser Forster, Ben Tozer, Ryan Donaldson, Darren Lough, Wesley Ngo Baheng

I can't help but wonder how unfit our actual first team are going to be if the majority of our big earners piss off to Hull/Bolton/Wolves/Burnley etc