SSN: £10m offer from Spurs for Sebastien Bassong rejected

Crumpy Gunt

Has he played any part in pre season games to date? I take little notice to be honest.

Does he have 24 or 12 months remaining on his contract?

Is he as good as we think he is? Looks dodgy as fuck on a ball sent in from the wings for me.  Got caught ball watching v Fulham for his sending off.

Guest Roger Kint

Why would we be laughing.

So we can then waste the 10 mill on far less quality players. Yeah cant wait.

If by that you mean the £10m will go into the pot to pay the rest of our rubbish players wages this season then yeah ;D

Do you ever stop crying?

Heres some more crying for ya

I think quite obviously that selling bassong is not beneficial atall at this point.

We'd do better making him see out his contract, he is better than anyone we could replace him with.

So i see it as being crap business regardless of how much we get.

Generally money is only useful if you have the capability to use it usefully. We dont at this point.

oh btw if you flap your arms you wont fly either. Sorry for spoiling your happy ideas with common sense.

Do you ever stop crying?

I think quite obviously that selling bassong is not beneficial atall at this point.

We'd do better making him see out his contract, he is better than anyone we could replace him with.

Generally money is only useful if you have the capability to use it usefully. We dont at this point.

oh btw if you flap your arms you wont fly either. Sorry for spoiling your happy ideas with common sense.

Because keeping a player against his will is a great idea?

We have to sell anyway, how else will we pay the wages?

Do you ever stop crying?

Keeping a player who's unhappy is beneficial to the team? Especially a defender who needs to be mentally sharp?

It's better to lose a player on a free (ala Owen) than sell him for money?

So if we got £50m for it its not good business?

(i agree with the point about who's spending it, but at sometime we will come out of limbo and we will need to start spending to get back in the prem)

Jesus wept man, go have a word.  :lol:

I guess you've tried that flapping arm thing a few times, think you need to try it off a taller building, anything over 5 storey works mate, trust me.  O0

Keeping a player who's unhappy is beneficial to the team? Especially a defender who needs to be mentally sharp?

(i agree with the point about who's spending it, but at sometime we will come out of limbo and we will need to start spending to get back in the prem)

I guess you've tried that flapping arm thing a few times, think you need to try it off a taller building, anything over 5 storey works mate, trust me.  O0

If he wasnt sold, he would know he had to perform to keep up interest in his ability. He'd be sacrificing his own career playing uselessly.

He signed a 3 year contract afaia, we could keep him this season and still sell him on.

IF and when we come out of this limbo, then you have a different situation. Depends on whos in charge & who owns us.

Based on the here and now, it would be stupid to sell bassong without knowing anything.

& you believing that a person would have to try out "arm flapping" to see if it works or not isnt a good comeback.

lol

Guest BooBoo

He got over hyped as he was the only player that performed to a decent level last season. As the season went on, he looked more and more fragile.

A good prospect who could go on to be a top defender. It's by no means set in stone though.

If he wasnt sold, he would know he had to perform to keep up interest in his ability. He'd be sacrificing his own career playing uselessly.

He signed a 3 year contract afaia, we could keep him this season and still sell him on.

IF and when we come out of this limbo, then you have a different situation. Depends on whos in charge & who owns us.

Based on the here and now, it would be stupid to sell bassong without knowing anything.

& you believing that a person would have to try out "arm flapping" to see if it works or not isnt a good comeback.

lol

And saying it in the first place obviously puts you amongst the worlds elite.

:mackems:

He wants to go. We'll get decent money but he hardly takes much off the wage bill. Pity Spurs don't want Colo. Unfortunately, other teams will be looking at our younger players who aren't on big money as opposed to the likes of Colo, Duff, Barton etc who will not hold residual value and who are currently vastly overpaid.

When the shit hits the fan our squad will be severely lacking of potential stars and we will be left with overrated, overpaid, underperforming players who we can't get rid of and younger players who aren't going to be good enough at the top level. We will bring in some decent Championship level players to make the numbers up.

If we go up we will have a huge rebuidling job to stop up. If we get new owners they are going to have to great vision and be brave or they need to have shit loads of cash.

Guest kingdawson

Villa sell Zat Knight to Bolton, leaving us with just two centre halves in the squad.

Distin rumoured to be the third, could Bassong be the fourth?

Two left sided cb's would be moronic.

Guest kingdawson

Because you never get two right footed centre backs?

Name me one partnership in world football where both cb's are left footed?.