SSN: £10m offer from Spurs for Sebastien Bassong rejected

Crumpy Gunt

apparently not in todays squad. if he has refused i hope hughton tells the truth and says so.

I'm sure Bassong will be shaking in his boots at the prospect of an ear bashing from Chris Hughton.

if bassong has refused to play then i don't care what hughton says to him. i just want to know if he is a greedy f*** like so many others.

In it's current state, I don't believe any half decent player should feel obliged to play for this club if there is a chance for a better move. I would normally condemn any players with such a poor attitude but when the owner has given up on this season it's naieve to expect the players to feel differently.

players can kick up and decide when they want to play when they start signing contracts that say they can be paid off or have pay deducted if they play s***.

onre way or the other...having it both ways takes the piss somewhat.

I agree...but as the players are now free to take the piss with no real leader at the helm to come down hard, it's a situation which is inevitable and initiated and sustained by the owner of the club.

it is but whilst they are picking up thousands of pounds and wanting others to maybe pay them more than that they ought to play and worklike they are professionals worthy of it.

If they were at a club being run properly I would agree 100%.

apparently not in todays squad. if he has refused i hope hughton tells the truth and says so.

I'm sure Bassong will be shaking in his boots at the prospect of an ear bashing from Chris Hughton.

if bassong has refused to play then i don't care what hughton says to him. i just want to know if he is a greedy f*** like so many others.

In it's current state, I don't believe any half decent player should feel obliged to play for this club if there is a chance for a better move. I would normally condemn any players with such a poor attitude but when the owner has given up on this season it's naieve to expect the players to feel differently.

players can kick up and decide when they want to play when they start signing contracts that say they can be paid off or have pay deducted if they play s***.

I agree...but as the players are now free to take the piss with no real leader at the helm to come down hard, it's a situation which is inevitable and initiated and sustained by the owner of the club.

it is but whilst they are picking up thousands of pounds and wanting others to maybe pay them more than that they ought to play and worklike they are professionals worthy of it.

stuff that. even when the company i work for goes through shit i have to perform and if my performance is crap or i can't be arsed i get punished.

stuff that. even when the company i work for goes through shit i have to perform and if my performance is crap or i can't be arsed i get punished.

Exactly. At the company you work for there is some accountability. Where is there any evidence of it at Newcastle?

stuff that. even when the company i work for goes through s*** i have to perform and if my performance is crap or i can't be arsed i get punished.

Exactly. At the company you work for there is some accountability. Where is there any evidence of it at Newcastle?

can't be too hard for someone to say "you are refusing to play...right i'm telling the press, your wages are stopped and you'll stop here till your contract expires"

it would also be nice if, in a perfect world, any player who done that was black listed by all other clubs.

as i alluded to early if players want that power then contracts should cut both ways.

stuff that. even when the company i work for goes through s*** i have to perform and if my performance is crap or i can't be arsed i get punished.

can't be too hard for someone to say "you are refusing to play...right i'm telling the press, your wages are stopped and you'll stop here till your contract expires"

it would also be nice if, in a perfect world, any player who done that was black listed by all other clubs.

as i alluded to early if players want that power then contracts should cut both ways.

In reality though, the owner is 300 miles away in hiding, the club is in limbo, and the caretaker manager won't have the authority or clout to say boo to a goose. He might as well polish Bassong's boots for him and see if he'll chuck him a few quid.

In reality though, the owner is 300 miles away in hiding, the club is in limbo, and the caretaker manager won't have the authority or clout to say boo to a goose. He might as well polish Bassong's boots for him and see if he'll chuck him a few quid.

if and i repeat "if" he's refused to play it would save that owner a little cash to dock his pay. lioke i said earlier i'd just like to know so i can grade him as a decent pro and good up and coming player or some full of himself greedy twat taking the piss after 2/3rds of a season.

No one is going to dock anyone or discipline anyone, and that is what is wrong at the club. When the club has given up on any standards it's pointless getting worked up about players taking the piss. When we start to resemble a football club again rather than a closing down sale I'll look at it differently, right now I can't be arsed.

No one is going to dock anyone or discipline anyone, and that is what is wrong at the club. When the club has given up on any standards it's pointless getting worked up about players taking the piss. When we start to resemble a football club again rather than a closing down sale I'll look at it differently, right now I can't be arsed.

i get your point. i'm always pissed off when players think they can unilaterally alter their contracts.

i get your point. i'm always pissed off when players think they can unilaterally alter their contracts.

In this case the club has put themselves in a position where they actually deserve it. It's wrong but it's true.

In this case the club has put themselves in a position where they actually deserve it. It's wrong but it's true.

thats where we disagree. the club only deserve it when the contract allows for them to become arsey when the player is shit.

thats where we disagree. the club only deserve it when the contract allows for them to become arsey when the player is shit.

When players were claiming to be injured, Shearer made them come in to work twice a day. That's how you deal with piss taking footballers. If you are going to put a wet lettuce in charge of headstrong players, then don't be surprised if they kick sand in his face while taking your money.

Guest hameed

was at the ground today for the minutes silence for Sir Bobby, honestly seemed like he couldnt be arsed, i feel he was disrespectful to be honest.