Newcastle United 0 - 0 Leeds United (FT) - 29/07/09

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not going unless something happens regarding management or the ownership before Wednesday.

Oh for goodness sake.

As Newcastle fans we've been spoilt for most of the last 15 years and now we've hit a rough patch the fans threaten to stay away. I'm not having it.

Well I remember the dark days of the 80s/early 90s and even though the team aren't brilliant now, we still have better players than we had then and you look at the top class stadium and facilities we have compared to then and there's no comparison. I'll be there singing for the team and I expect every Newcastle 'supporter' to be there as well to show the players that we're still behind them.

So if you cant make it you aren't a supporter?

Not as a rule but its at times like this you find out who the real fans are.

Bollocks. Its a meaningless friendly that is there to further line Ashley's pockets.

We cant be great all the time. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Even Manchester United go relegated in the 70s, yet they sold out everywhere when they went down.

What a Sooperfan!  :clap2: Would rather put the cash directly into a Sir Bobby Robson foundation tin than line Fat Mike Ashley's pockets for a s**** friendly.

I don't like Mike Ashley much either but he's lost hundreds of millions of pounds at this club. That's more damaging to him than just relegation to us. We will rise again but his monetary value may not.

My £15 might even go to Ashley, or it might go to pay off Michael Owen but that man has lost hundreds of millions and that's why I find it hard to be too hard on the bloke. Incompetent and overly fan friendly yes but he's no Tom Hicks or Glazer.

Not going unless something happens regarding management or the ownership before Wednesday.

Oh for goodness sake.

As Newcastle fans we've been spoilt for most of the last 15 years and now we've hit a rough patch the fans threaten to stay away. I'm not having it.

Well I remember the dark days of the 80s/early 90s and even though the team aren't brilliant now, we still have better players than we had then and you look at the top class stadium and facilities we have compared to then and there's no comparison. I'll be there singing for the team and I expect every Newcastle 'supporter' to be there as well to show the players that we're still behind them.

Bollocks. Its a meaningless friendly that is there to further line Ashley's pockets.

Even Manchester United go relegated in the 70s, yet they sold out everywhere when they went down.

What a Sooperfan!  :clap2: Would rather put the cash directly into a Sir Bobby Robson foundation tin than line Fat Mike Ashley's pockets for a s**** friendly.

I don't like Mike Ashley much either but he's lost hundreds of millions of pounds at this club. That's more damaging to him than just relegation to us. We will rise again but his monetary value may not.

My £15 might even go to Ashley, or it might go to pay off Michael Owen but that man has lost hundreds of millions and that's why I find it hard to be too hard on the bloke. Incompetent and overly fan friendly yes but he's no Tom Hicks or Glazer.

Awww such a shame, its all his own doing.

You'll all regret it.

I can see it now. Mike Ashley walking onto the pitch, microphone in hand "Hello ladies and gentlemen. This deal has been agreed for several weeks, but we wanted to wait until our home game friendly for the official announcement. Please welcome your new owners...."

Eye of the Tiger is blasted over the PA, as a helicopter lands in the centre circle, out walks Alan Shearer and Geordie trillionaire Declan Wilkins, they step aside and from the darkness appears Samuel Eto in a Newcastle shirt.

Guest toonlass

You'll all regret it.

I can see it now. Mike Ashley walking onto the pitch, microphone in hand "Hello ladies and gentlemen. This deal has been agreed for several weeks, but we wanted to wait until our home game friendly for the official announcement. Please welcome your new owners...."

Eye of the Tiger is blasted over the PA, as a helicopter lands in the centre circle, out walks Alan Shearer and Geordie trillionaire Declan Wilkins, they step aside and from the darkness appears Samuel Eto in a Newcastle shirt.

OOOOH bloody hell I must buy a ticket for the game then. Will be nearly as good as when Scotty Parker was awarded his 100m swimming certificate, the Intertoto Cup plaque, missed that one too due to traffic and have never regretted it.

Guest Mantis

Oh for goodness sake.

This is a wind up, right?  If he's upset about it, he should look in his wide angle mirror.

The last thing I'd describe Mike Ashley as is "fan friendly". The man has total contempt for each and every one of us.

Too fan friendly if anything. How many chairman sit with the fans and drink with the fans and wear the shirt? Because he was sat with us, he'd hear the fans slagging Allardyce, so he sacks him and appoints Keegan.

His biggest mistake was then appointing Wise and then giving him too much influence. Ashley has made mistakes but he has lost a hell of alot of money.

The last thing I'd describe Mike Ashley as is "fan friendly". The man has total contempt for each and every one of us.

Too fan friendly if anything. How many chairman sit with the fans and drink with the fans and wear the shirt? Because he was sat with us, he'd hear the fans slagging Allardyce, so he sacks him and appoints Keegan.

His biggest mistake was then appointing Wise and then giving him too much influence. Ashley has made mistakes but he has lost a hell of alot of money.

Personally I couldn't give two fucks how much money he's lost. It's still not enough, I won't be happy till he's living in a cardboard box.

Guest toonlass

He should have acted in a proper manner. I never once accepted a drink off the man, although I had the chance at away games. He is not "my mate", he is not a supporter. He is supposed to be the owner of the football club. What a shame he has lost a lot of money, had he employed the right people instead of giving out "jobs to the boys" we might have still been in the premiership. More fool you for feeling sorry for the crook.

Guest Mantis

Personally I couldn't give two f***s how much money he's lost. It's still not enough, I won't be happy till he's living in a cardboard box.

:clap:

I certainly couldn't have put it any better.

Personally I couldn't give two f***s how much money he's lost. It's still not enough, I won't be happy till he's living in a cardboard box.

Couldn't agree more.

Fan friendly. :lol: :lol:

I mean, f***ing hell. :lol:

We got f***ing relegated.

And he only ever talks to us when he's putting the club on or taking it off the market. He loves us like :lol: