Why do non-Geordies support Newcastle United?

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mum has relatives from Ashington, Grandad on my Dad's side is from Washington, which is technically closer to the Mackems but I didn't know that at the time. Dad also tells me that I'm distantly related to wor Jackie, its a dodgy link but he's deadly serious that its true.

got an Aunt and cousins from Newcastle. got interested in team after my cousins constantly going on about Newcastle. got tickets to a game for my 14th Birthday and travelled up from Scotland and had an amazing experience and wanted more.

(im now 28 btw. My Local club (Airdrieonians) went into administration and went bust. Came back shortly after as Airdrie United and they are now my second team

You need to have an option in the poll for 'Im from New-CASSLE, me"

I know the poll is for non-newcastlerians, but I NEED to vote. When there is a poll, i MUST vote*.

*unless it is actually an important poll. see general election.

My Mum's side of the family are from Newcastle and my Grandad used to take me to London away games. Seeing as my Dad left my Mum (luckily as I'd have been  Liverpool fan now ;)), I was only surrounded Newcastle fans.

got an Aunt and cousins from Newcastle. got interested in team after my cousins constantly going on about Newcastle. got tickets to a game for my 14th Birthday and travelled up from Scotland and had an amazing experience and wanted more.

(im now 28 btw. My Local club (Airdrieonians) went into administration and went bust. Came back shortly after as Airdrie United and they are now my second team

Up from Scotland?

Up from Scotland?

Thats what i was thinking.  :dowie:

Up from Scotland?

haha sorry down. working at 4am makes me tired lol.

what part of Scotland you from Scottish Mag?

Part family, part Shearer, part circumstantial.

I'd say I was a Shearer fan before becoming a Newcastle fan. But had also sealed NUFC as my favourite team a couple of years before Shearer joined... so when the 2 came together  :frantic:

When I was 5, I saw Shearer playing in Euro 96 and asked my dad who he played for as he was my favourite England player. Now I could never imagine supporting anyone else, no matter how bad things get.

Cardross

Up from Scotland?

haha sorry down. working at 4am makes me tired lol.

what part of Scotland you from Scottish Mag?

Near Loch Lomond

Just out of curiosity...

I grew up with Alan Shearer as my hero.

Nuff said.

Same reason as me. :thup:

Same here plus the general style of play at the time(The Entertainers...ohh how I miss those days)

Born there, but left the place when I was still a babe.

I think what subsequently influenced me was that my parents travelled around a bit, but they always had a soft spot for Newcastle. They said that the people were the friendliest and the most helpful that they encountered.

Born there, but left the place when I was still a babe.

I think what subsequently influenced me was that my parents travelled around a bit, but they always had a soft spot for Newcastle. They said that the people were the friendliest and the most helpful that they encountered.

Gypsies?

I just got into football with Euro 96 and Newcastle signed Alan Shearer. Before that I used to say I supported Spurs just to fit in at school, but I had no emotional attachment, I never watched any games or checked any scores, and I didn't even know what the players were called.

Guest Brewcastle

Decided many years ago to pick the team in England that's closest to where i come from in middle of Norway. -I'm still pleased about the decision. Even it have made me sick and given so much pain many times....

And I'm fan of The Geordies. Best supporters in UK, and those I've met are very nice people (true  :lol:).