Fraser Forster joins Brist.. er Norwich City on loan

stozo

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_league1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/09/08/24/NEWCASTLE_STORY_NEWCASTLE_-_0031C.html&TEAMHD=nationwide2

PIRATES BOSS KEEN TO KEEP FORSTER

Bristol Rovers first-team coach Paul Trollope is to speak to Newcastle United about extending goalkeeper Fraser Forster's loan deal.

The 21-year-old goalkeeper has impressed Trollope since moving to the Memorial Ground at the start of the season, with the latter hopeful that the stay can be made longer.

"Yaarrr, he be a hearty goalkeeper." Trollope told the Bristol Evening Post.

Guest Heneage

That is a Plymouth accent Dave.

:facepalm:

My cousins were born in Bristol and my Uncle played for Bristol Rovers. My Dad is from Plymouth. I should know.

Where are you from/living?

My cousins were born in Bristol and my Uncle played for Bristol Rovers. My Dad is from Plymouth. I should know.

What has that got to do with why Dave edited that in?

Maybe you should look up what the nickname of Bristol Rovers is.....

Where are you from/living?

I was born in Exeter, but have lived loads of places, am in Leeds at the moment.

Just correcting the regional stereotypes :)

Just correcting the regional stereotypes :)

I'm not Dave but I guess it had nothing to do with regional stereotypes and everything to do with their official nickname being 'The Pirates', they even have a pirate on their badge.

Well forgive me for being from the Westcountry and therefore having a completely different perspective on that joke to the rest of you :razz:

Moving on, my Uncle is still a season ticket holder and I could find out how he's been getting on if people ask nicely.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1780321,00.html

28 Aug 2009

Magpie Stopper Joins Canaries On Loan

By Craig Hope

FRASER Forster has joined League Norwich City in a one-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old goalkeeper recently enjoyed a successful loan stint with Bristol Rovers where he kept two clean sheets during the opening five matches of the season as The Pirates climbed to fourth in League One.

And with the Canaries travelling to Hartlepool United on Saturday, Forster is set for a quick return to Victoria Park where, just last Tuesday, he was part of a Rovers side which claimed a 2-1 victory.