Raffa's agent stiring it

Skirge

The press have been alover this unrest at Pool rumour and now Raffa's agent has done him no favours at all with this, unless Raffa really does want out.

Rafa Benitez's agent has claimed the Liverpool manager would consider a coaching job in Italy.

The Spaniard is widely regarded as one of the game's best tacticians and won the UEFA Champions League in his first season at Anfield.

Last term, he took The Reds to FA Cup success, although he has yet to launch a sustained bid for the Premiership title.

He has regularly stated he wants to stay on Merseyside, having been linked with the likes of Real Madrid and Internazionale in the past.

But now his representative Manuel Garcia Quilon has claimed Benitez would give serious thought to a post in Serie A.

"Benitez is a coach who is ideally suited to Italy and the country's style of football," Quilon told The Sun.

"He is one of the three best coaches in the world.

"If he gets an interesting offer from a club with a serious project, he will certainly consider it.

"Yes, in this case, he could even leave Liverpool.

"Benitez is a coach who prepares to a high degree. He works 24 hours a day and is able to prepare in a way few others in the world can.

"Just look at what he has won. He led Valencia to the title and Uefa Cup. Then, at Liverpool, he has won the Champions League, European Super Cup and FA Cup

I suspect it's part of Senor Quilon's job to stir it.

He's done it in the past an' all.

This is a translation of the original article by the way, from an Italian newpaper, he certainly didn't talk with The Scum.

"Benitez is a winner and might leave Liverpool for a serious project-Agent"

Inter and AC Milan are looking to the future. Besides scouring Italy and the rest of the world for new players, the two Milanese clubs may also be pondering a change of manager for their respective teams. When talking about a new manager for AC Milan, the names mentioned are Van Basten, Lippi and even Spalletti. Quite a few options are also mentioned for Inter Milan. After having his position questioned for months, it now seems as if it is Roberto Mancini himself who wants to leave Inter Milan. In recent days Mancini has admitted that he would like to have a go at managing a club in the Premiership. In that case Inter Milan would have to look for a replacement. Last year, besides talk of Mourinho, a name that consistently popped up in Moratti's circle is that of Rafael Benitez the Liverpool manager, one of the most successful managers at club level in recent years.

Benitez's agent, Manuel Garcìa Quilòn, in an exclusive interview with calciomercato.com talks about the Spanish manager who has won so much in his career, despite his relatively young age.

"Benitez is a very well prepared manager. He works 24hrs a day and prepares his teams tactically like few other managers in the world do. Just look at what he has won. The league and UEFA Cup with Valencia and in 3yrs at Liverpool he has won the Champions League, Super Cup and FA Cup."

Manuel Garcia Quilon does not comment when asked about the reported interest shown in Benitez by Italian clubs. He does however say "Benitez would be very well adapted to manage in Italy, with his preferred style of play. He is one of the 3 best managers in the world and if an interesting proposal regarding a serious project had to come up we would certainlyt take it into consideration. Yes, in this case he may well even leave Liverpool. The Spanish coach is under contract with the English club until 2009.

Guest Knightrider

All is not well in camp Liverpool and hasn't been for a while.

I can see Rafa leaving like.

White saying what he did will always mean Benitez is looking over his shoulder and wondering whether other board members think that way too.

Great manager though, one of the best for me. I don't think he'll crack the Premiership however because he himself will have to change for that to happen and I can't see him doing that, not without trying to do it his way first which will take more than a few years and will LFC allow him such time? Fans are already growing impatient, boardroom whispers abound, Gerrard isn't happy and the squad rotation thing is pissing off a lot of players.

:D seriously, you should write for The Scum yourself.  I always thought better of you Knight to be honest, you are one of the wiser people here.

Please don't try and tell people who is or isn't happy when you have no idea what is going on at the club. No wonder fans are so naive and take so much shit written in the gutter press as gospel.

Guest Knightrider

:D seriously, you should write for The Scum yourself.  I always thought better of you Knight to be honest, you are one of the wiser people here.

Please don't try and tell people who is or isn't happy when you have no idea what is going on at the club. No wonder fans are so naive and take so much shit written in the gutter press as gospel.

Not talking shite Rafa, good mate of mine works for your club. I have no axe to grind with LFC.

Not talking shite Rafa, good mate of mine works for your club. I have no axe to grind with LFC.

Ah yes the good mate routine, I like it!

I suggest you have a word with your 'good mate' then as he seems to be stringing you along for some reason.

HTT always talks shit man. I can't imagine why you expected better from him. bluebigrazz.gif

:D

Guest Knightrider

Ah yes the good mate routine, I like it!

I suggest you have a word with your 'good mate' then as he seems to be stringing you along for some reason.

I'm not surprised you're taking that line, if you came to me and said what I said about your team, because a mate told you, I wouldn't believe you either. But like I said I have no axe to grind with LFC or any issues with your club. I stand by my comments.

I'm not surprised you're taking that line, if you came to me and said what I said about your team, because a mate told you, I wouldn't believe you either. But like I said I have no axe to grind with LFC or any issues with your club. I stand by my comments.

He'd have to be high up at the club to know any of the inner workings of the boardroom and high profile personel. So I'm sure you will be happy to at least give his job title, it'll be easy to verify who he is.

So don't take offence.

He'd have to be high up at the club to know any of the inner workings of the boardroom and high profile personel. So I'm sure you will be happy to at least give his job title, it'll be easy to verify who he is.

So don't take offence.

R A Softlad told him.

Guest king harry

The paper that quoted it in italy are known to bend the truth. I think he will be around for atleast the next 2-3 seasons if not more. Liverpool have just sacked there ex chairman and directoe who was a senior boardroom member for talking to a reporter without permission.

Rafa did you go last night, fun and games in  our end, with a bit of in fighting.  :cool:

Seems like both Rafa and Wenger are manouvering themselves to be in contention to battle it out for the NUFC job, when it becomes available.

If they want to move out of the comfort zone and really test their skills they would.

Bet they don't the big pussy's!

*hopes they are reading this thread and are the type of people who will do something just because you call them a pussy!

bluebiggrin.gif

Seems like both Rafa and Wenger are manouvering themselves to be in contention to battle it out for the NUFC job, when it becomes available.

If they want to move out of the comfort zone and really test their skills they would.

*hopes they are reading this thread and are the type of people who will do something just because you call them a pussy!

bluebiggrin.gif

;)

We can do better than them two.

bluebiggrin.gif

Mcfly, you chicken..