Double transfer speculation

sempuki

John set for Fulham exit?

2006-11-09 09:16 

Collins John is being linked with a January exit from Fulham - with Newcastle United, Watford and Manchester City all believed to be potential bidders.

The Sun claims that the Dutch U21 international is fed-up at not being a regular starter this season and could seek a move away from Craven Cottage in the new year.

Fulham boss Chris Coleman has preferred Brian McBride and Heidar Helguson in attack and John's last start came in the 3-3 draw at Watford on October 2.

The Liberian-born frontman was the club's top scorer last season with 12 goals but Coleman has been critical in the past over his workrate and it is believed that he was ready to sell in the summer, but that John rejected a switch to Birmingham.

John has 18 months left on his £18,000-a-week contract and could be a high-profile departure in January.

Watford wanted the Dutch hotshot in the summer and could renew their interest after Marlon King was ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee problem.

Newcastle are also desperate to bolster their attacking armoury with Shola Ameobi set to sit out the remainder of the campaign, as he recovers from surgery on a long-standing hip problem, and Michael Owen also not expected to return until April at the earliest.

Serie A defender on Newcastle United wanted list

12:12 November, 9, 2006

Newcastle United Football Club are keen on Philippe Mexes, although Roma are in no mood to offload him.

The Magpies are in desperate need for a new centre-half as their season continues to go from bad to worse, with their home defeat to Sheffield United on Saturday leaving them second from bottom in the league.

It had been reported that manager Glenn Roeder was considering a move in the region of £6.5million for Mexes, yet the Serie A side insist they will keep hold of the French international.

"We don't want to sell Mexes," coach Luciano Spalletti said. "It's possible that someone may want him, but for us he is indispensable. Many rumours do the rounds, especially here, and we are used to that at Roma."

.....and Boumsong was rumoured to be the better player!!! :roll:

One plays for Roma the other for Juve after bad stints at Rangers and Newcastle...I think we can guess who was the better and who was said to be the better from that.

Anyways, I'd buy both of them, it's not like we have surplus in those two positions.

Collins John  :thup: How much do we think he'll cost though?

Mexes i haven't seen enough of but i'm weary of splashing more cash on someone who may not get to grips with the Premiership. I think i'd preffer Premiership tried and tested as we can't afford any more gambles like Luque/ Boumsong/Martins etc If we were thinking of splashing out 6-7m on a defender then i preffer we spent it on somone like the excellent Luke young as we are desperate for a RB first and foremost imo then a CB then a 'Big man' CF imo.

Guest theunis

Colin would not be the worst signing, but as far as defender well also think we need a tried and tested Prem defender cant do with another flop

i think collins john would have been a good signing if we had a few strikers already preforming. he's a great prospect for the future, but with 10 million already spent on one prospect, can we afford to do so for a second? like yorkie said, hes too inconsistent, and that is not what we need.

Sorry but Mexes would laugh down the phone if his agent called him up about Newcastle

The lad has been linked with Real madrid for the past year and has said he's not interested because he wants to try and win Serie A with Roma

Sorry but Mexes would laugh down the phone if his agent called him up about Newcastle

The lad has been linked with Real madrid for the past year and has said he's not interested because he wants to try and win Serie A with Roma

No need to apologise, I think most agree!